Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena hesitates, still sticking close by Miriam's side. "Like what?"

2. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

" you want something thinner and lighter, better balance means better control. Here, Nick, get the meat cleaver and a stake knife-non serrated; help me show her what I mean."

• Like x 1
  3. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

It's not quite as badass, but... Elena perks up, watching avidly. "But doesn't it work better if it's heavier, if you can get strong enough?"

4. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

Nick tips back his bowl of cereal, moving to grab a selection of knives from the kitchen drawers. "...depends on leverage and stamina, I think?"

(( hold until Mel can tag for Gabe, Plz & Thank. ))

• Like x 2
  5. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Gabriel hands the cleaver to Nick and pats him on the shoulder " help me demonstrate." He walks into the open space in the kitchen and points for Nick to stand about two feet away. " a heavy blade: axe, meat clever, or in your case bowie, forces you to make wide swings." He gets into a ready stance and taps himself on the shoulder then nods at Nick to begin.

6. Nicholas Pierce

Nick grins hugely, pushing the table to one side with a casual shove of his bare foot, then flips the cleaver in his hand, testing the balance with a jaunty grin.

"Got it!"

He takes a few paces back, rolls his shoulders, and lunges into the offensive against his unarmed partner, using broad swings and... not pulling his moves much at all.

7. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Gabriel steps backwards out of the swings, letting several of them go right past him. He takes another half step back as Nicholas swings again, but this time he steps quickly towards the man, ending up almost face to face with him, well between the man and the businesses end of the clever.

He checks Nick s wrist with his forearm and punches with his other hand, stopping a fraction of an inch short of Nicks throat. " I said demonstrate Nicholas, not spar me. Slow it down a bit would you?" He turns towards the girls " while it's easier to hurt someone with them, the problem with large swings and weapons is that they're easy to see coming, and dodge. And if you step INSIDE their reach your opponent is quite defenseless."

8. Nicholas Pierce

"Aww, if I have to," Nick grins, head tilted just a bit back. "Alright, I'll slow down."

9. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena watches, wide-eyed. They're fast; monster hunters or not, someone would get really hurt if one of those swings hit. They must do this a lot, to feel so comfortable.

She wants to be that fast, that good, so badly. It almost hurts, how much she wants it.

Also, Gabriel is scary.

She nods, frowning with concentration. "So to use a heavy blade, you have to have a way to keep them too far away to get you? Like... Like a pike?"

"... So I should use something narrow so I can get inside their guard fast, and take them out before they can hit me."

That's what she did with the vampire. That makes sense.

"But what if they aren't human-shaped?"

• Like x 3
  10. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Gabriel puts his hands on his hips and smiles proudly " You're clever! Hmm. Not everything IS human, but the problems people have with heavy weapons is because WE'RE human not because your enemy is. some spider or blob thing can jump inside your guard just as quick as a vampire or a tiger-man. I recommend something light, easier to maneuver with, and pointed so you can stab easily." Gabriel puts a hand to his chin and "hmmms" thoughtfully. " maybe something like a navy or office's dagger? What do you think Nick?"

11. Nicholas Pierce

"Uuuh. Heck. I dunno. Not a stiletto, for sure, those are good but with some stuff... you want to make sure your knife isn't snapping off. Uhm. Maybe something like a punch dagger?" He tilts his head. "A small quick blade is good, but you don't always want to have to get into close range... some stuff, if it grabs you, will crush the life from you."

12. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena beams at them, wriggling with pride. She's been trying so hard, and being praised for it is... it's awesome. More than she would usually admit, as an independent near-teenager. "... If they're small, I can have more than one, maybe?"

She hesitates, frowning. "... I don't know where to get something like that, though. I'm not sure they're legal to sell."

13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"No stilletos, no need something strudy." Gabriel agrees He shakes his head "Punch dagger only makes sense if you can punch well Nick. And that's why you shoot it first." Gabe bends down a bit and smiles at Elena "I'm sure we'll get you what you need sweetheart. We just need to talk to your mom about it first okay?"

14. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She hesitates, looking suddenly worried. "... ... Mom won't like it. She doesn't like me... you know. Liking knives. And stuff."

How is she supposed to feel safe in a world like this, if she can't protect herself at all? She squeezes Miri's hand for reassurance, fussing unhappily with her knife. If they ask her mom for everything, she's... she can't believe Mom agreed to this. Knowing that she's going to be in a situation where she needs a knife, encouraging her in that sort of behavior...

She's scared. What if Mom even takes her Swiss Army knife away? Or finds the cleaver by her bed?

15. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"No mother would" Gabriel seems non-pulsed "but I bet we can convince her its alright for you to have one, even if we can't do it lickety split. With everything that's been going on I'm sure you're mother can see a good reason to make sure you can defend yourself."

16. Nicholas Pierce

"...and in the meantime I can show you how basically anything you put your hands on can be a weapon, if you put your mind to it." Nick grins from ear to ear, flashing white teeth.

17. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

Miri grins, at this, squeezing Elena's hand. "You can borrow my Knuckles."

18. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Gabriel rolls his eyes at Nick's comment "Yeah, anything can, even your hands, let me demonstrate!" he says, grabbing Nick by the shoulders and putting him into a headlock, with his other hand he begins to furiously noogie the boy.

19. Nicholas Pierce

Nick lets out an upset little howl, squirming, then tries to flip Gabriel over him onto the floor.

Gabe manages to keep his footing, but Nick gets free and quickly hop-skips out of range, expression indignant. "Not cool!"

20. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Oh, c'mon, Nick. It didn't even hurt." Gabriel laughs. "But really, self-defense doesn't start and end with knives. We can help you with other methods, too."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice