Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

He hugs her tight, pulling her against him. "Okay. You're gonna sit here, okay? I'll get the stuff you need, just tell me where it is?" He sounds... concerned. "You really, really need to stay still, but we're going to make this better... okay?"

2. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She freezes, leaning into him. "... did you forget that people turn into rat zombies when they get bitten?"

Okay. This... this seems like a good reason to stay still. She nods, sitting down on the counter.

"... um. My room is upstairs. On the left." She starts to point, and then winces. "My knife and my cleaver are between the nightstand and the wall. And there are shirts in the dresser. Um. And probably a towel in the bathroom."

She's definitely starting to panic again, trying to keep it under control.

3. Nicholas Pierce

"You lost a lot of blood. You need to try not to lose more. Stay still." He puts one hand on hers. "Just breathe, okay? Everything's going to be okay. I'm going to take you to a friend, and you're gonna be all better." He smiles tightly.

4. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... would you tell me if people turn into rat zombies?!"

Because Nick is clearly panicking more than he was when she was bleeding all over and getting stitched up, and that's scary. She nods, trying not to start crying or hyperventilating.

"... okay. I'll ... I'll stay here."

5. Nicholas Pierce

"Yes, Elena!" He barks, eyes going yellow and feral.

6. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She flushes, looking down. "Oh. Okay."

Her curiosity gets the better of her pretty quickly, looking up to see his eyes. "Does it hurt when your eyes turn yellow?"

7. Nicholas Pierce

"No. No, it doesn't. Stay here, kiddo." He gets up, quickly vanishing upstairs.

8. Winter Hemming

Winter Hemming Stay Frosty

Winter returns, holding a broom. "...well."

She gives Michael a look. "...lovely."

9. Michael Connell

Michael Connell New Member

"...eh. He'll deal with it." Michael cracks his knuckles. "The boys'll be bringing the new door in a half-hour."

10. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She tries not to fidget too much, mostly because it hurts, and watches Mike and Winter clean up. "... thank you. Um. Do we... pay you in money or is it more complicated? I can open the cash register but I don't think it's enough..."

She's not really supposed to do this kind of thing, but... the shop matters to her too. And she feels responsible.

11. Michael Connell

"Nick'll pay us back. One way or another."

12. Nicholas Pierce

"I haven't even gotten my first paycheck!" Nick whines, coming downstairs with a bag stuffed full of Elena's things.

13. Michael Connell

"Then you shouldn't have broken the window."

14. Nicholas Pierce

"....I didn't do it! It was the dead guy!"

15. Winter Hemming

Winter Hemming Stay Frosty

"....relax, Pup." Winter shakes her head. "You'll just have to help with a project. As usual."

16. Nicholas Pierce

"A breaking things project?" Nick asks hopefully, grabbing his hoodie from behind the counter and putting it on Elena.

17. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She sits still obligingly, gingerly sliding her arms into the sleeves. "Thank you. ... where are we going? Can I help break things?"

Swallowing, looking down. "... when my neck gets better."

18. Nicholas Pierce

"Maybe. Yes. A friend's place." Nick scoops Elena up into his arms, grabs the car keys from Mike and heads out to the car. "So we're gonna be good."

19. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... Okay." She leans into him, going limp. She's still breathing pretty fast, the fingers of her good hand clenching on his shoulder. "... sorry."

20. Nicholas Pierce

"It's okay. Just... Wanna make sure you're okay." He heads to a pickup, unlocking it quickly and getting her into the passenger seat, cautiously buckling her in and handing her her bag of things. "Okay. It's a bit of a drive. Just... close your eyes. Stay cool. What kind of music do you want to listen to?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice