Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

There's a small scar, and Miri giggles, tapping it. "Not bad."

2. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"It looked way cooler yesterday; there was blood everywhere." Elena beams.

"... I had to get rescued by a lady with a purse, though. So that sucked. I have to find a way to take a real knife to school."

3. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

"...well, like. Run faster? Wait... a lady? What happened?"

4. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena reddens. "... He said he knew where Peter was. And then he bit me. See?"

She tugs her collar aside to show that scar.

"... And then a lady hit him with her purse so he'd let go, and I ran to get Nick to kill him. That part sucked. But like, it wasn't because I was slow. Just... Dumb, I guess."

5. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

"Well, the more you live through, the more you can learn from, right?" Miri shrugs, snuggling under the blanket.

6. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena nods, snuggling into her with a sleepy yawn. "... I guess. I want to get stronger."

"..."

"... oops." Glancing over at Nick. Did they wake him up?

7. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

Nick noses a pillow over both of them, then growls and sticks his nose under his pillow.

8. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena reddens. "Sorry!"

So, um... back to sleep for a while, huh. Hopefully until morning.

9. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Heh. Yep.

Miriam snuggles back into Wolf form, again, and soon enough morning rolls around, along with the smell of breakfast.

10. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena yawns when the smell of bacon permeates the room, scritching behind Nick's ears as she waits for them to wake up. She's starving. She feels like she hasn't eaten in... um... Well, she guesses it's since lunch yesterday.

Oh, no. It's Thursday, isn't it?

She wriggles to get her phone out of her pocket, and checks the time. Does Mom being in the hospital mean it's a sick day?

... and she didn't do any of her homework last night.

She flops again, burying her face in Nick's fur with a little whine.

11. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

Nick makes a sleepy little bwoof sound.

12. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Maybe she'll just... stay in bed as long as she can get away with. If it's really late, they won't make her go to school, right?

She scritches behind Nick's ears some more. And Miri's, to be fair, even though it means bending a little awkwardly.

• Like x 1
  13. Natasha Wilkins

Natasha Wilkins Sylph of Hope

There's a knock, then the door opens. "...are you kids going to get up for breakfast before noon?" Natasha pokes her head in.

14. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

... blinking up at her. Elena is obviously awake, squirming embarrassedly. "... um... do I have to go to school?"

15. Natasha Wilkins

"We called the principal. You've got the day off."

16. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Flopping in relief. "... thank you. Um. Food sounds nice."

She's starving, actually. She'll try to get up, if the wolfpile will let her.

17. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Both pups sleepily whine, then curl into the space she leaves behind. Natasha shakes her head, mumbling a word Elena doesn't understand in an affectionate but exasperated tone.

18. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She leans in and kisses Miriam's ear, scritching her affectionately, before following Natasha down to breakfast. "... What does that word mean?"

19. Natasha Wilkins

"...hmm? Oh. Puppies or Children. Interchangeable. Basically 'young member of the species'." She smiles warmly. "...how are you feeling?"

20. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... huh." She frowns, trying to repeat it experimentally. Her throat doesn't quite seem to make the right noises for it. Sort of like Hebrew, except... not.

"... I'm okay. Nick said he took me to... a friend? To get fixed up?"

To be honest, she's still a little dizzy and tired, but she doesn't want to admit if she doesn't have to. She always heals fast, she'll be fine.

"Can I see Mom today? Is she really okay? What hurt her?"

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice