Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Natasha Wilkins

Natasha Wilkins Sylph of Hope

Natasha nods, filling up a plate for Elena and herself, then pours the girl a glass of milk and sits down. "...yes, we'll take you to see her. Mh... I'm not sure. It. It isn't like she was attacked. It sounds like she fainted dead away while she was running errands. They're trying to find out what might be wrong."

2. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena drinks the milk slowly, holding the glass in both hands. "... Do you think something tried to eat her? Something people couldn't see?"

"Nick says there are things I can't see in the park. So..."

3. Natasha Wilkins

"...Elena. you haveto understand. Even if the supernatural exists, there are... people still get sick." She presses a hand to Elena's shoulder. "We just have to wait until we can find out."

• Like x 1
  4. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena looks down, putting down her glass of milk. "... ... okay."

"... when do we find out?"

5. Natasha Wilkins

6. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"..." Elena pushes her food around her plate unhappily. "... thank you for letting me stay here."

7. Natasha Wilkins

"....Nick and Miri like you, and you're a good kid." Natasha smiles slightly. "You're welcome here, whenever you want."

8. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena looks up through her lashes. "... ... really?"

9. Natasha Wilkins

10. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

... she flashes a quick, uncertain smile at Natasha, before tucking back into breakfast. She really is starving, even if she's upset.

"... are you a werewolf too?"

11. Natasha Wilkins

"I changed the first time when I was 25." She smiles.

12. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena stares. "... if thirteen is early... when's normal?"

"... what happened?"

13. Natasha Wilkins

"....it depends for everyone. Early Twenties, maybe?" She sips her glass of juice. "...mhh. Gabriel was out. I started feeling weird... ended up going outside, changing... and woke up among new friends in the morning. Stumbled home after. There's more to it, but..." She smiles. "It's a bit personal."

• Like x 1
  14. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... it sounds nice." Smiling tentatively. Just... waking up and suddenly belonging?

Her twenties are so far away that it's hard to even imagine, though. And she's pretty sure she would know if her relatives were werewolves.

15. Natasha Wilkins

"...to be fair, it was really useful when I scared someone and got a belly full of buckshot on accident," she says quietly.

16. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena squeaks. "... ... what?"

17. Natasha Wilkins

"Part of what we do is going into serious danger. All of us have almost died more than once." Her expression is serious as she looks over. "...it's something you have to keep in mind. We save people, but I've lost a lot of friends over the years. I know Miriam and Nick think it's all fun... but I was doing this back when a broken arm would put me out for a month, not a few hours. You have to have perspective."

• Like x 1
  18. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena looks down, hugging herself. "... I know. I ... I almost died yesterday, right? If that lady hadn't gotten the zombie off me..." She swallows, looking near tears again. "... if she hadn't gotten the zombie off me, he would've ripped my throat out with his teeth, probably. And I'd be dead. Because I was stupid."

"... I know it's not really a game. But I... I have to. I have to know what's going on."

"It's just... It's fun not to be hunting all alone."

19. Natasha Wilkins

"...my first look into how things really were was when a client asked if I wanted to see him work. That was my first exorcism." She spears a bit of sausage, chews slowly. "...I helped him out, on and off. Started getting into bigger messes. Got pulled out of a bad situation, much like you were, and found my hunting crew that way. I'm. There's."

She's quiet. "....I couldn't stop, either. If... once you see how things are... if you're the type of person who wants to make a difference, to protect people? It's incredibly hard to stop."

• Like x 1
  20. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena nods, still hugging herself. "... I know it's dangerous. My brother was fighting monsters and he's... he's gone. And Nathan's dead and nobody's ever going to know what happened to him. I'm not a kid."

"I just... I have to."

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice