Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Nick and Miri join them a little later, and then... it's time to go to the hospital.

2. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena fidgets all the way there, playing with her dagger, turning it over and over in her hands. She doesn't know anything about what happened, about whether something's going to kill or eat Mom, and it's... it's awful.

3. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

Nick gently taps her shoulder. "Hey, put that away before we go in, okay?"

4. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... oh. Right." She hesitates, then shoves it in her backpack. She feels kind of naked without it. After that zombie... "Do you think Mom's okay?"

5. Nicholas Pierce

"...she should be okay. I guess we'll see what the doctors say, right?"

6. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena nods, hugging her backpack to her chest.

7. Nicholas Pierce

He hugs her tight. "C'mon."

They head in, with Nick quietly checking in. "....sounds like she's awake."

8. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena tries to bolt down the hallway, as soon as she hears the room number. Mom--!

• Like x 1
  9. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Her mother looks up, smiling slightly. "....hey, sweetie. I'm sorry I scared you-"

10. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena surges in and hugs her tight, clinging. "Mom! What happened? Why are you here? Can we go home now? Are you okay?"

• Like x 1
  11. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Her mom winces, hugging her closs. "Careful, careful. I'm a bit sore. I.. well. I'm not doing so well, right now. The doctors say there's a problem with my appendix, but they're running some tests to make sure. I'll be okay, but I need to stay here for awhile, sweetie.'

12. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena freezes. "... sorry, Mom. Are... are you sure you'll be okay? How long do you have to stay?"

13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Not sure. They say if everything's normal, it should be about a week," she smiles. "...the Wilkins offered to let you stay, but if you want to stay with the neighbors...?"

14. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena tries to smile back, clinging to her mother's hand. "... I can stay with Nick and Natasha. They're... they're really nice. And they have a niece who's my age!"

"... is the shop going to be okay? I can come see you, right?"

• Like x 1
  15. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

She nods, slowly, squeezing Elena gently. "...okay. ah... yes. Mrs. Wilkins mentioned you and her niece were becoming good friends," she smiles. "....I'm glad you're talking to someone your age, Elena. The shop will be okay - Nick and a young man he knows who came by yesterday will take care of it."

She kisses Elena's cheek. "And I expect you to visit, little lady.'

• Like x 1
  16. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena blushes, squirming a little. "... she's really cool. Like... really cool."

She would say that she's dating Miri, but she suspects that might impede her changes of sleeping at the Wilkins'. Jeez. It's not like she and Miri are doing anything besides kissing...

"... I will. I'll be good. I love you, Mom."

17. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"I love you, too, Elena," she hugs her close. "And do your homework, okay?"

18. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... I will. I'll make Nick help with my book report." She clings, sniffling a little. "... I'll be good. Just... get better, okay?"

19. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"I will." She smiles. "Just be good, I'll be better soon."

20. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... Okay." She stays there for a little while, leaning her head on her mom's chest. "I... I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice