Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

The look on Nick's face is... well. He is not enough of a grown-up for this.

He hugs her tighter, pulling her face to his neck. "H... hey, calm down, I'm here. I... oh hell, you brought a knife to school?" He asks, squeaking. "I..."

He looks at the principal. "I. Yeah. He is. If you call, I... I think he has paperwork? I. Heck. Yeah. Okay. Uh. Is... is there..."

He looks back at Elena, panicking.

2. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She starts sobbing hysterically again.

3. albedo

albedo metasperg

"She didn't manage to stab anyone, but she did break two boys' noses, and kick another in the, ah." The principal sighs.

He looks through the file. "What number should I be calling?"

4. Nicholas Pierce

"The actual sheriff's office. He should be there, Just. Uh, tell them his brother in law needs to talk to him?" He pulls Elena into his lap, sinking onto the floor and petting her hair. "Uh. Do... you know what happened?"

5. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She buries her face in his neck, still sobbing. "They were saying things about... about you. And me. And Mom."

6. albedo

albedo metasperg

The principal sighs and picks up the phone, dialing slowly as he watches the two of them.

"She got into a fight with five boys. They say she just went berserk and attacked, but..." He sighs. "The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Which does not excuse violence, especially not bringing an illegally concealed deadly weapon to school."

7. Nicholas Pierce

"H-hey, hey, you're okay." He hugs her, rubbing circles on her shoulderblades, he grimaces. "...Uh. Is she. Suspended?" He winces.

8. albedo

albedo metasperg

"... son, we have a zero-tolerance policy for violence at this school. And she sent three boys to the hospital, and threatened two more with a knife. Which she had illegally concealed. And which wasn't legal to be carrying openly in this state. In the middle of the schoolday, on school property."

"I'm afraid she's very expelled, and I hope the sheriff is looking into mental health resources for her. We know she comes from a, ah... troubled background, but the safety of the other students is at stake here."

9. Nicholas Pierce

".....oh boy." Nick winces. "I. Okay. Uh. I... guess... uh. Do... do we need. Papers? For homeschooling?"

10. albedo

albedo metasperg

"... I'm sure the sheriff can help you with-- Ah, hello? Sheriff's office? This is Principal Danvers, I have a young man here who says he's the sheriff's brother-in-law, needs to speak to him urgently..."

11. Gabriel Wilkins

Gabriel Wilkins A good man is hard to find

A voice come from the other end, honeyed in a southern drawl and spiced with panic "Sheriff Wilkins speaking, what the sitch?"

12. albedo

albedo metasperg

"Are you responsible for a, ah, Elena Yakir, in the seventh grade?"

13. Gabriel Wilkins

"Yes, yes, what's going on? Is she alive?"

14. albedo

albedo metasperg

"That's the first thing you-- Of course she's alive. This, ah. This is the principal at Morey Middle School, she's gotten into a... major fight, and we're starting expulsion paperwork. We need an authorized adult to pick her up."

15. Gabriel Wilkins

Gabriel sighs over the phone. "Sorry. this kind of work don't do much for one's optimism principal. I uh, I ain't too sure but can I just deputi-er, ah, authorize any adult to pick her up?"

16. albedo

albedo metasperg

"Ah, as... as the sheriff... Yes. That should be... within standard policy."

17. Gabriel Wilkins

"Anything they need to bring to you? Or anything else you need from me in general?" he asks, swallowing one or two vowels of each word as customary.

18. albedo

albedo metasperg

"I, ah... verbal authorization should do in this case, I believe." He sounds more than a little flustered by talking to the sheriff. "Are you authorizing Mister, ah, Nicholas Pierce to take her home?"

19. Gabriel Wilkins

"Yes, yes of course. He's of age and in the very least can be trusted to take notes and bring her home. Anything you want to tell me right now?"

20. albedo

albedo metasperg

The principal sighs. "She got into a... fairly major fistfight. Then pulled a knife."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice