Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Gabriel Wilkins

Gabriel Wilkins A good man is hard to find

The other line is silent for a while before the voice answers, more somber then before. "I see. Any injured?"

2. albedo

albedo metasperg

"Two broken noses, one, um... other injury, and two boys threatened with a dagger."

3. Gabriel Wilkins

"What other injury?" The voice is quick to react.

4. albedo

albedo metasperg

"... she kicked a boy in the crotch," he says, audibly embarrassed and irked.

5. Gabriel Wilkins

Gabriel tries to hold back a chuckle, and almost succeeds. "Did uh, did she uh," he chortles , the coughs, clearing his throat and finally regaining his composure "Did she hit anyone with that knife?"

6. albedo

albedo metasperg

The principal sounds even more annoyed and embarrassed. "No. Though not for lack of trying. I..." He sighs heavily. "Since you're law-enforcement, maybe you can take charge of that piece of contraband. It's not street-legal."

7. Gabriel Wilkins

"Certainly. I can come by official-like if'n you want, or you can just put it in a plastic bag and pass it to me through Nicholas. "

8. albedo

albedo metasperg

"... Plastic bag sounds... fine." He just wants all this out of his hair already. "Alright. Uh. Thanks. Sir."

9. Gabriel Wilkins

"Certainly. Thank you Prin'pl, don't hesitate to call again if you need something."

10. albedo

albedo metasperg

"Of... of course. Have a good afternoon, sir," he says, and hangs up.

"... So. You two are... free to go, apparently. We'll... send the papers home, alright?"

He sighs and offers the knife to Nick, hilt-first, clearly awkward.

11. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena clings to Nick, moving to take his hand. "Sorry," she mumbles.

12. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

Nick nods. "Uh. Do you. Need a current address? Uh. We know someone who can help her finish the year?" He pauses, then takes the knife, flips it blade down and tucks it into his belt.

13. albedo

albedo metasperg

"... her old address won't work?" He sighs heavily. "... Good. Then... Good. We'll send the paperwork."

14. Nicholas Pierce

"Uh. I mean. I can pick it up, but... My sister's probably going to handle stuff until her mom's out of the hospital."

15. albedo

albedo metasperg

"... alright. Uh... Why don't you call in on Monday, then?"

The principal really, really just wants this situation out of his hair.

16. Nicholas Pierce

"Oh. Yeah. Cool. Will do," he grins. "Uh. Thanks?"

17. albedo

albedo metasperg

The principal sighs heavily. "... You should... get her home, before the period ends."

This is not how his days usually go. He's in a little over his head.

18. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena squeezes Nick's hand, going to follow him out. "... sorry," she says again.

19. Nicholas Pierce

"Yessir!" Nick chirps, then scoops Elena up into his arms in a bridal carry and heads quickly for the door.

20. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She squeaks in surprise, and then just clings, arms around his neck. "Can we go home?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice