Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... Uhhuh." She nods unhappily, hugging herself. "... I'm okay."

2. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

"...dude." He settles her in the passenger seat, carefully looking her in the eyes. "...No. You aren't. You're hurt, and I'm mad, and I want to make sure you get patched up, okay?"

3. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She looks up, blue eyes meeting his. "... Uhhuh. But... I wanted to fight. It's not as scary as... things I can't fight, you know? I wanted to hit something."

She gives an unhappy little shrug, breath hitching when it makes her ribs ache. "... It was dumb. But it wasn't scary like... like Wednesday."

4. Nicholas Pierce

"...I know." He says. "...I want to fight a lot, too."

5. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... can we go hunt a rabbit, after we see the doctor?"

6. Nicholas Pierce

"....maybe, we'll see, okay?"

7. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She nods, buckling her seatbelt and curling up while they drive. "... at least I don't have to write any more about Charles Dickens."

8. Nicholas Pierce

"We'll see about that. I don't know what Lou's gonna put on your school schedule."

9. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She blanches. "... really? Can't I at least read... read... something else?"

10. Nicholas Pierce

"Uh. I dunno, dude. We'll find out?" He blinks, driving carefully.

11. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She sighs loudly, being a little melodramatic to try to make Nick laugh. "... ow. How far is the doctor?"

12. Nicholas Pierce

"Ten minutes, nearly there," he smiles.

13. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"Okay." She fidgets, looking out the window, trying not to say anything to make matters worse.

14. Nicholas Pierce

Nick pulls up at the doctor's office and parks, then circles around to help Elena out, pulling her up into his arms again. He walks like he's about to fight anyone who looks at her wrong, hugging her close, but not too tight.

15. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She clings to him, obviously trusting him completely, totally comfortable in his arms. "Thanks, Nick."

16. Nicholas Pierce

"You'll be okay."

He heads in, talking to the man at the front desk and letting him know that he's the Sheriff's brother in law, and Gabriel called ahead?

17. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... I have you and Miri and the pack," she agrees, closing her eyes. "You'll make it okay, right?"

18. Nicholas Pierce

"We will."

Nick goes with her into the doctor's office, holds her good hand as she's given her checkup...

19. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena blushes unhappily when she's made to undress, but she clings to Nick with a fervency that forestalls any real attempt to make him leave. He's safe, in a world that's... very unsafe, right now.

One fractured knuckle, two cracked ribs, and plenty of nasty bruises and scrapes. She's flinching at every touch, looking deeply uncomfortable, by the time the appointment's over.

20. Nicholas Pierce

He holds her tight, scowling fit to gut anyone who looks like they might threaten her, and hugs her all the tighter as the doctor writes everything up and faxes the police.

He carries her out, mouth pressed into a thin line. "....let's go watch something. I... do you wanna go get a milkshake?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice