mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Apparently my role in life lately is to teach people new things - I've gotten several new spinners started, had someone reach out again about knitting lessons, and just gave a friend advice on how to get started playing D&D. Given I opted out of teaching as a profession, this is amusing me.

• Like x 4
  2. paladinkit

Oh my gods. Fiyero, my Maine Coon mix cat with some serious food attachment problems, was doing his usual round of evening complaining that he's starving to death - despite the bowl of dry food available, he would perish without wet food immediately (it's not dinner time yet.) I'd pet him for a while, tried to play with him for a while, chased him away from expressing his distress through destroying things for a while... and he apparently decided that I had ignored him completely & went to the open window overlooking our courtyard.

Where he proceeded to sit on the windowsill and yell through the screen at children playing in the courtyard - help! my humans don't feed me! someone come help!

I have the most. ridiculous. cat.

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 1
  3. paladinkit

I'm gonna host brunch tomorrow and it's gonna be so good

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. paladinkit

Screenshot_20190413-015440.png

I hope this is a good enough menu? I've never actually done a brunch before, so I'm kind of winging it

Speaking of, I have to shop tomorrow before I start cooking, so I really ought to be sleeping, not daydreaming about food. But guess what I'm doing?

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. paladinkit

Am awake... But at what cost?

(seriously, I'm having to kill a little time before the grocery store opens, but oh well. this was how this was going to work)

• Witnessed x 2
  6. paladinkit

*bounces in seat* open uppppp, Aldi, i want your groceries

• Like x 2
  7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Out of curiosity, what app is that? It looks useful!

8. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Looks like Google keep, I use it too

• Useful x 1
  9. Acey

Thanks! I'll check it out! :D

• Like x 1
  10. paladinkit

Yep, it's Google Keep! Super useful

• Useful x 1
  11. paladinkit

Waking up with a migraine sucks, but Kai makes it suck less <3

• Like x 3
  12. paladinkit

Eughhhrg I overslept again

What was I doing today?
    • Shower
    • Do The Full Pretty, just because
    • Can grocery still happen?
    • Spin
    • Knit
    • Spend time with Kai
    I feel like there ought to be other stuff I forgot, but *shrug*

• Like x 1
  13. paladinkit

...yeah, no, I'm too fatigue for groceries today. Today is about being lazy, getting clean & pretty, and maybe getting fiber work done.

• Witnessed x 1
  14. paladinkit

Doing the full shower + getting pretty was incredibly restorative! Esp since I'm not pushing myself to meet any other goals/deadlines, I can just be the happiest little sensory experience - I smell nice, my skin feels nice, and every bit of me looks nice and my brain is basically purring

• Winner x 4
  15. paladinkit

I nailed perfume application, too - I still smell it (softly, not overpowering) hours later after making food, walking outside in the sun, etc. I am absolutely reusing this whole ensemble thru the summer

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    • Winner x 3
  16. paladinkit

Realizing that I haven't actually been writing down most of the makeup looks I've been developing lately - I have selfies but no product/instructions lists. Idk if I should put them in the makeup thread (might feel spammy?) or keep them here, but I should def write them down.

Today was:
    IMG_20190416_160343538.jpg
    Wash
    Brightening moisturizer
    Eyeshadow - outer & mid lid in ulta honeycomb, inner lid color name I can't remember but it's the green from that palette
    Blue snapscara
    The rose ulta blush
    The maybelline stick highlighter, applied w/fingertips
    Mid-pink maybelline 24/7 lippie - I think there's a rose in the name?
    Setting spray

Whole aesthetic was good with the blue/white/brown vest, star shorts, paladin necklace, and BPAL Snake's Kiss in a 21-point application for maximum sensual indulgent summer lounge feel

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  17. paladinkit

I'm awake, our apartment inspection went great, and my sis is going to fetchquest the groceries for me! It's a beautiful day

• Winner x 4
  18. paladinkit

I'm feeling, like, some stress abt my sis and I's knit business work, but not totally overwhelming guiltspiral, so I'm gonna go ahead and work on unpicking it.

The Good:
    • Our year-over-year growth between 2017 and 2018 was amazing
    • We have solid investments in better online selling infrastructure, the most expensive parts of which are paid ahead for 2 or 3 years
    • We've got one or two solid-lock returning customers - people who, once they finish paying off a large commission, immediately want to start a new one
    • I've got a lot of social media followers, tbh, esp given my performance in that area
    • We've gotten nibbles of interest on our teasers about the upcoming yarn line
    The Bad
    • We haven't made a single new sale in 2019 yet (just ppl still paying off large commissions... only 2 large commissions accounts open...)
    • We still have monthly expenses for Shopify to manage the payments/invoicing system, and I don't think we're ready to DIY that
    • Followers/activity on social media isn't translating to actual customers, and most of the advice I find trying to search the web seems... scammy, or turns out to be unsustainable
    The Ugly
    • we're two disabled spergs trying to run a business, which means a lot of Failure at Doing Things (Right)
    • I'm really struggling and never succeeding at a regular social media posting schedule, never mind the pace I see recommended for social media marketing (I also have a lot of anxiety about being one of Those People who overshares business stuff on personal accounts and is Hated for that)
    • colorway development is taking a lot more base yarn for experimentation than my more optimistic projections, which means it's taking a long TIME since we can't afford to buy cases of yarn, just a bag or two occasionally
    • my various ideas for making new made-to-order listings require, y'know, finishing knit samples to photograph for the listing - guess what's also not getting done in a timely fashion?
    • same story, variation on the tune re: my pattern designs, tbh
    • there just aren't enough fucking spoons in this household to take care of all 3 of us AND also put in the tons of extra development work
    • so I just want to cry, and try not to get resentful
    The catch-22 between most of our growth & biggest accounts being landed thru in-person networking and the (I don't think entirely unrealistic?) anxiety about the amount of Disdain people have for friends who Just Try To Sell You Things (and me, cautious sperg, not knowing where the line is) is kind of killing me.

*distress noises*

At least today I'm getting in a good knitting groove with TV. I'll see what I can do about making progress on open commissions + pattern design samples. I messed up the made-to-order sample currently on needles for like the half-dozenth time and want to cry, so I honestly might shelve that whole line of products for a few months & rally to get those out seasonally next year????? and focus on sweater samples this year??? I D K what the right choices are.

• Witnessed x 4
  19. paladinkit

Delivery guy just asked me "is your man at home" bc he had a heavy package :/ :/ :/

Me: *is one of 3 afab enbies living here*
    Me: *blinks, buries the urge to pointedly mention my wife*
    Me: "just bring it up"

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  20. Acey

who the fuck still says shit like that

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice