mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Thanks for sharing! :D

• Agree x 1
  2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

Today might be kinda shitty, but at least my wife is making me my new Sunday-routine sandwich, I had a mostly pretty good conversation with my parents, and we have a nice restful day before the next week begins <3

• Like x 3
  3. paladinkit

A little apprehensive about my Alone Day right after yesterday's trash fire of depression/grief, but I'm doing this anyway!

Things I Can Do With Myself:
    * knit, on any/all active projects
    * be murder bird
    * brush up on coda mechanics &/or do game planning
    * spin
    * yoga
    * get out markers & do an art?
    * read
    * maybe write? On literally any of my abandoned projects?
    * make playlists
    * write out meal options for family
    * bake those chocolate pumpkin muffins
    * play lotro or da2

• Like x 3
  4. paladinkit

I made all those creative/artistic plans and then I disassembled a sink drain

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. paladinkit

Apparently I know how to do plumbing, but not how to feed myself??? I used up all my spoons on impromptu drain repair and I'm hungry :(

• Witnessed x 4
  6. paladinkit

Apparently the inability to focus followed by total energy crash was the harbinger of me coming down with something :( possibly just a rough cold, really hoping it's not the strep that's apparently going around Kai's workplace :( :( :(

• Witnessed x 3
  7. Acey

Oh no! Get well soon my friend <3

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  8. paladinkit

I will do my best! Gonna rest up and drink all the liquids

• Winner x 1
  9. paladinkit

I was a bed mushroom for two hours. Isaac tried to cheer me up by playing with the fun dangly sparkly things (not effective), Fiyero tried to help by napping on my legs (effective.) Sis helped by fetching food and meds, and with the extra rest I got the energy to move to the couch! Now I have knitting and murder bird as sick day entertainment options (although if I can focus on it at all I really ought to get a crack in at game planning)

• Like x 3
  10. paladinkit

I'm 30!

I am way less freaked out by this than I thought I would be. Some of it's the big decisions we made in the past few months, but- yeah. I'm 30, and I kinda wonder if I'm not gonna be waaaay better at my thirties than I was at my twenties, because let's be real, my twenties were hell to go through even if they were very formative.

• Winner x 6
  11. paladinkit

I am appreciating this break of cool weather, and my warm heavy cat on my lap first thing - when the bedroom door opened he was laser focused on cuddling me <3

• Winner x 5
  12. paladinkit

Today I'm choosing to focus on:

-laundry!
    -spinning/meditative time
    -revisit some of my writing
    -food? at minimum feed myself, if I feel inspired assess menu planning
    -murder bird! or other games

• Winner x 1
  13. Acey

That sounds like good stuff to focus on! :D

• Like x 1
  14. paladinkit

Figured out how to fit my yoga mat in the living room (sort of, I need to tweak my furniture again), tried murder bird but was interrupted by a murder fluffboy, got laundry started, actually paid attention to hit 4:20 for once! I need to take the bread out of the oven for my sister in five minutes, and then I can settle into creative time or more yoga, depending on what needy fluffboy will allow.

• Winner x 1
  15. paladinkit

grainy photo evidence of a needy murder fluffboy

needy murder fluffboy.jpg

• Winner x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  16. paladinkit

Random cat stories o'clock - Fiyero has historically loved curling up with people while they play stabby video games (Shadows of Mordor and Assassin's Creed being the notable examples). I'm seriously planning in the future home to get a papasan chair for gaming again solely because it was easier to fit him in around arm posture for the controller in the curved seat. He hates that when I'm on a fairly firm flat couch surface, the combo of my mighty thighs and his full-adult chunk raises the height of my lap too much for really accurate controller use in postures that are good for my hands/arms.

• Like x 2
  17. paladinkit

My sis and I may both have abnormal sleep routines, but at least we're getting more in sync with each other... And surprise, it's actually noticeably helping my depression.

• Winner x 2
  18. paladinkit

My bed is cozy, there is soft rain outside my window, and I have a good webcomic :) I need to get dressed and get second breakfast soon... But just a few more minutes

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. Acey

Ooh, which webcomic? :0c

(Also cozy beds are the best thing.)

20. paladinkit

I got the urge last night to start rereading Digger! I forgot how much I love this.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice