mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

I’m on mobile and very brainfoggy so I can’t actually start READING it now, but DANG that’s some nice art! What’s it about?

2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

It's about a very pragmatic wombat that accidentally wanders into an epic plot and is very grumpy about it, but tries to do the right thing even when everything is super weird. There's a ton of really good writing on top of the really good art.

• Informative x 1
  3. Acey

Ooh, that sounds fantastic! :D I’ll try and check it out at some point!

• Winner x 1
  4. paladinkit

so remember this? remember this nonsense?
    I haven't been quite as fast-pushing on this as I want, but it's still supposed to be my "quick project" that I fly through & have ready for devotional knits soon... only I've been working on it a month, I'm impressed with how fast it feels, and then I weigh the progress and I've done like... 19%? of the total fiber? and that's just singles spinning, not plying or finishing or knitting @.@

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. paladinkit

Today has been more emotionally exhausting than is probably reasonable, but in the end, I got fiber work and cooking and pokewalk and wife time, and I'm probably gonna have a good time with my sis when they're home, and it's really all gonna be okay.

• Like x 3
  6. paladinkit

Slow wake up

Grumpy

...sis brought me coffee in the turtle mug again

:)

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  7. paladinkit

I have:
    • Checked kiwi ripeness
    • Done a yoga
    • Answered messages
    • Gotten rice into cooker
    I need to:
    • Pay attention for rice click
    • Prep veg
    • Make tem flakes
    • Fiber? Craft?
    It would be good if I did not:
    • Have a weird breakdown about being a failure for no discernable reason
    • Run out of spoons
    We'll see how this evening goes.

• Like x 2
  8. paladinkit

Grocery shopping today was a bit overwhelming, but good. We got so much food, and also, literally two days after we all agreed we should just break down and get a food processor bc tons of recipes call for it & it would be a good accessibility tool for me & my limited chopping ability... there was a $15 3-cup model at Aldi. Which is just the right price to buy to see if I like using one, and we can research before investing in a nicer or bigger one later.

Cooking planning for this next week-plus:

Saturday Biweekly Brunch: I bake Black Pepper Bacon Biscuits, sis makes blueberry lemon curd crossover pastries.
    Sunday Dinner: Brown Sugar Garlic pork loin with roasted vegetables.
    Other things I can make:
    amasu-zuke
    asparagus soup (make this when there's fresh crusty em bread)
    shredded brussels sprouts & bacon
    tem flakes with pork leftovers
    chicken parm casserole (hopefully I have enough chicken to make 1 and freeze at least 1)
    beer cheese dip with pretzels
    corn cream soup
    zucchini black bean dip

...I feel like I had other ideas? That's still a lot of things, though.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Winner x 4
  9. paladinkit

Brunch was fantastic! Jams came as usual, but her wife came too, and the pastries AND the biscuits turned out fantastic. Then we went to meijer and got the roast for tomorrow, and other stuff they didn't have at Aldi.

Then Detective Pikachu! Which we loved, and we wandered home slowly playing pokego all the way :)

• Winner x 5
  10. paladinkit

I am so incredibly grateful for my wife. She loves me and takes care of me even though I'm weird to her!

(Getting breakfast routine support from Kai feels different than from my sis. Sis and I share our autism love of routines, have more typically synced sleep schedules, get weird glee from the efficiency of my routine first breakfast creating the materials for their second breakfast, etc. Kai just tries really hard to learn what's important for me, and fights her adhd brain to get it, and it's Good.)

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  11. paladinkit

Today is a lazy day - Grove is canceled bc our other member is stuck doing a nearly hazardous amount of overtime, and weekend social stuff is tomorrow bc of the holiday, so today is Just For Being A Gremlin. That said, I still have some general goals!

Absolutely do:
    • OT stretches
    • Sunday Roast
    Probably do:
    • Yoga?
    • Fiber crafts?
    • Game planning?
    • Gaming of various kinds?

• Like x 1
  12. paladinkit

Isaac has an extra serving of crazy today apparently, and it's a little exasperating but mostly adorable. I need to get audio of him in a talky mood sometimes.

• Like x 1
  13. paladinkit

I like listening to my sis quietly knocking around in the kitchen :) is good homey feels

Today's self-indulgent mental dilemma: trying to differentiate between autistic traits, religion-inspired behavioral aspirations, trauma damage, and my natural/underlying personality traits, especially as it relates to the introversion-extraversion scale.

• Like x 2
  14. paladinkit

I have:
    • Gotten myself clean
    • Made veg cream cheese
    • Thrown out spoiled things
    I need to:
    • Probably eat more
    • Put casserole in at correct time
    • Work on game planning
    It could be good to:
    • Do yoga
    • Make tortillas
    • Talk about my food excitement more on various platforms
    • Clean stove top and/or sink

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    • Like x 1
  15. paladinkit

I HAVE A NEW CLIENT! A TOTALLY RANDOM CLIENT WHO FOUND US ON FACEBOOK! WHO DIDN'T FLINCH IN PRICING AND IS NEGOTIATING A LARGE ORDER!

• Winner x 7
  16. Acey

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. paladinkit

Having Kai text me makes even rough mornings better

• Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  18. paladinkit

Laundry was just not gonna happen today, but I've got my tortilla dough coming up to room temp again & everything set in place for that, I've got to get the bread out of the oven for sis when the timer goes off, and then make soup when Kai lets me know she's coming home. Kinda maybe feeling like doing a dessert bake too? We'll see how it goes. I'm not good at the practical business craft work today, or the non-kitchen house care, but I can get baked and bake, apparently. Which is nicely symmetrical.

• Winner x 2
  19. paladinkit

I'm so bad at sleep. I absolutely have to do laundry tomorrow, and go by the office, and do gaming planning... But here I am, awake and not doing anything useful.

• Witnessed x 2
  20. paladinkit

I got, like, closer to enough sleep? I'm going to give myself a few more minutes to slowly finish coffee, but then it's time to put on clothes and stat a dungeon boss, bc it's only 4 hours until game start.

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice