mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

thank you for brightening my morning with this blessed content!!

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I did fairly well for dissociating my entire way through the grocery store! We'll have to get some stuff other places bc that they don't carry at Aldi, but at least I have the essentials, and a decent amount of impulse buys, for actually within budget.

• Winner x 2
  3. paladinkit

@Anomal(eee) we're doomed
    Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 1.16.02 AM.png

• Informative x 1
  4. paladinkit

i should have seen this coming

i really should have seen this coming

i spent the last 24+ hours thinking about writing, and the last 2-ish working on a ficlet... aaaaaaand now i suddenly REALLY want to make playlists for each major character in this setting

• Winner x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. Acey

the eternal mood

playlists are so much fun tbh

• Agree x 1
  6. paladinkit

I am. A bit nuts about making playlists. Especially for writing projects - great way to do character development/get in mood (& totally not a way to procrastinate on writing no sir)

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  7. paladinkit

What the fuck

It's 60°F right now
    The high today is 63

W h a t t t h e f u c k

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  8. paladinkit

Sis and I tried going to Trader Joe's and holy inaccessibility batman we're not doing that again anytime soon. Sis is even more riled up about it than I am, I'm just overstimulated and disappointed.

• Witnessed x 2
  9. paladinkit

Like, above and beyond our sperg problems, the store had an awful lot of elderly shoppers w/mobility challenges and REALLY NARROW aisles set at cutesy angles. howtf are their customers NOT supposed to run into each other/things?

• Witnessed x 3
  10. paladinkit

I'm feeling dumb guilty about a thing and need someone to argue me out of it-

-it's not self-centered of Kai and I to take all three of our wedding anniversaries seriously? Like, we had to have three separate weddings for reasons outside of our control, but all three weddings have very different meanings to us. (And you'd fucking think the one wedding my parents attended, they wouldn't try to schedule family stuff over two years in a row, but I digress.)

• Witnessed x 4
    • Agree x 1
  11. Acey

Not self-centered at all!!

• Agree x 3
    • Useful x 1
  12. paladinkit

Thank you, I just- Mom is being very cool and apologetic about it, but she's apologizing for Dad doing the scheduling contrary to what literally everyone else thought was happening, and I'm just... fully expecting him to at least say to her if not to me that I shouldn't be making this big of a deal out of it, but ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Witnessed x 3
  13. paladinkit

me: I'm so excited about writing more often! I'm gonna do a daily challenge!
    me, the second day: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... how do i come up with ideas to fill prompts again?

• Witnessed x 2
  14. paladinkit

i spent two hours thinking and researching various songs, the franciscan order's vow of poverty, and activist protest safety tips to get ready to write a 750-word fic about a missing piece of jewelry

i don't know if something's wrong with me or if i'm doing this right

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  15. paladinkit

i did it

the amount of success i feel about a tiny ficlet challenge is silly (as is the amount of work i'm putting in) but hopefully this leads to greater things in terms of writing

now if only i can summon this much interest in writing up my next gaming session

• Winner x 4
  16. paladinkit

I have coffee in my star mug! And a warm kitty on my knees! And a good kitty on the foot of my bed! And my wife home for a long weekend for this anniversary!

Today I need to:
    • Laundry
    • Get some fucking fiber work done
    • Acquire a salad spinner
    • Make nice dinner!
    • Reach out to Mom about plans again if I don't hear from her before the evening?

• Winner x 4
    • Like x 1
  17. paladinkit

Being a grump about errands & then Kai starts humming in the other room and everything is OK <3

• Winner x 1
  18. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

Welp. We either need a Girdle of Sex Changing or to go kidnap us a husband. I hear sitting on a rock in a body of water and brushing your hair does the trick.

I AM SO PLEASED*. XD
    *except for the nagging awareness that this is all happening because of the polar vortex being fucked six ways to sunday so we're getting all of the nice cool upper Canada weather while the summer ice fields shrink and that indiana is beginning to look like it's going to be one of the few primary farmland states in the usa that isn't going to turn into a lake from climate change but I DIGRESS

<3

• Like x 3
  19. paladinkit

As long as I retain the power to make him live above the sidhe if he's obnoxious, and only keep him in case of emergencies, sure!

Either that, or we make HIM quest for the girdle of sex changing, pay him in fairy gold, and then spin the hill so he can't get back in.

I am not pleased bc I'm a cold eggy when you leave in the morning, and bc I had already mentally shifted my wardrobe

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    • Like x 1
  20. paladinkit

Also: adulthood is eating my brain, I apparently have strong opinions about salad bowls.

(I like that it's eating my brain, this is who I always wanted to be, it's just weird to have the luxury of my opinions mattering instead of poverty, stress, and shitty roommates dictating my kitchenware choices)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice