mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

The results of three days of serious dyeing perseveration:
    • Four skeins of "not what I was going for, but all right" - one of which I'll overdye for a new idea
    • One skein that may or may not be recoverable due to mishandling (but might be of use in a felting project)
    • And Two! Perfect! Prototypes! for colorways we want to offer :)
    I have four skeins left in this bag, two of which I want to use to proof the recipes for those prototypes, and I can't wait until we can get another bag already!

• Like x 2
  2. paladinkit

Second morning in a row of nightmares! At least these were less personal, and more blended in lto an actually kinda enjoyable action-adventure, but this is still not a good pattern to be in :(

• Witnessed x 4
  3. paladinkit

Coffee get, planning today:

• Dye second skein of dubh
    • Try again at Cailleach
    • Make a marketing post
    • Actually do my damn #spin15daily
    • Knit on one of the sweaters
    • Shower?
    • Take bedtime meds on time to try to help offset probable insomnia increase

• Like x 1
  4. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Oh man hi! It's been so long! I just took a look at the irish colorname list and oh boy oh boy most of the warm tones sound *amazing*
    I assume it's all intended to be done with pure sheep wool or do you plan to deal with other fibers at some point?

• Like x 2
  5. paladinkit

Hi I missed you! I'm glad they sound amazing! Right now I only have the setup/experience/dyes for protein-based fibers, but that does include silk & non-sheep animals (alpaca, angora, etc) if you work with those at all! (I remember that you're really sensitive to wool) Basic wool is just the cheapest for me to experiment with, and we knit with a lot of wool here so experiments make yarn for basic household knits.

• Like x 1
  6. IvyLB

i've done some stuff with alpaca and yak fibre and I love working in silk! It'd be worth a try anyways, ngl, your color stories sound amazing and if i just stick to doing like jackets/capelets in the wool, it could probably work!

• Winner x 1
  7. paladinkit

Awesome! I will let you know as soon as I have yarn available in those bases :) It might be a little bit bc I'm still testing my recipes for the colorways

• Winner x 1
  8. IvyLB

Oh yeah, lmao, no rush obviously! Do you know off the top of your head what shipping to the EU would be roundabout?

9. paladinkit

I didn't know off the top of my head, but quick googling suggests that USPS will ship international packages up to 64oz starting at USD 10.50, if that helps at all?

10. IvyLB

Ye it does, thanks! I mostly need to know for budget planning reasons :P

• Like x 1
  11. paladinkit

Cailleach base is processing now, marketing post is made & distributed, I did my spin... I think I'm gonna take a gaming break & knit after the Cailleach is fully done & while the dubh is processing. Shower is for when I feel less grumpy, possibly waiting until Kai is home to shower w/me.

• Like x 1
  12. paladinkit

Cailleach is in second-stage processing, I've got yarn soaking & dyestocks mixed for the dubh, and I'm crossing my fingers and really hoping the Cailleach turns out well with this technique!

• Winner x 2
  13. paladinkit

Our most visible local/state pagan organizing group (for our yearly state pride event) is having some kind of implosion/explosion/thing happening in the leadership- I literally can't even parse the Facebook posts or comments about it, I only know like 2 of the 4 people involved (one I know mostly by what I've heard through others, one I only knew a little many years ago). I'm p much just side-eyeing it like "thiiiiiiiiis is why we have a grove w/only 4 people, and exceedingly cautious guidelines about inviting new members." I'll ask our grove member who is a part of this org if he has any better summary of what we need to know, but yeah.

• Witnessed x 3
    • Agree x 1
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

things like that are honestly part of why i've been scared at seeking out like pagan groups irl. or online too really, but it's easier for me to hide online.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 2
  15. paladinkit

After 12 years engaging with pagan/polytheist circles, there are exactly 3 other people I feel like I can "worship with/work with" (and I'm related to 2 of them and have known the 3rd those entire 12 years), and a handful or so of other pagans/polytheists online & IRL that I feel like I can let my guard down around. Suuuuuuuuuuuper agree.

• Witnessed x 1
  16. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

In terms of like. People I'd be reasonably close enough to do stuff with in person. I've got.

One.

Assuming we're talking about my being in Georgia. Cali I've got...no one. And some more no one.

• Witnessed x 2
  17. paladinkit

Dyeing results for today: overall good! I tangled the heckle out of both the skeins, but the dubh seems like it should be aa perfect match (won't know for sure until it's dry) and I want to take another run-up at the Cailleach, but this skein is at least 1) not felted 2) actually pretty even if it's not what I wanted. (the first try was, like, sad 90s bus seat. this one is dark-iridescent... but I want a medium violet/gray with streaks of darker colors, not a shifting single-toned multi-colored mass)

• Winner x 2
  18. paladinkit

being a social normally is hard. but apparently today i have done well enough! go me :)

time for bedtime meds & midnight snack. and hopefully falling asleep early-ish in the night.

• Winner x 1
  19. paladinkit

Cons: I didn't actually fall asleep till like, 7 am
    Pros: I don't remember any nightmares?

Coffee. Oversleeping made me late for marketing :/ Then food.

• Witnessed x 1
  20. paladinkit

Super super tempted to skip all work, instead smoke & play video games. Can't decide if that's taking needful rest given my fucked up sleep cycles, or if it's leaning harder into a dysfunction spiral? Idk :/

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice