mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

migraine fatigue is kicking my ass, and then we're almost out of vinegar (surprise!) sooooooo I'm not getting anywhere near as much dyeing done today as i wanted :(

i can still try to knit, spin, and write, tho. and i feel like i'm getting the hang of instagram, sort of, finally? although that comes with realizing that in many ways it is very much like tumblr only without the core of users who are jaded enough to realize the pitfalls of certain types of online social justice rhetoric >.<

• Witnessed x 3
  2. paladinkit

I did entirely too many errand today and am pretty wiped. No laundry for me. No wheel work for me. Probably no dyeing for me unless I perk up quite a bit later &/or get help clearing the table so I have workspace. But I got food, and all the materials I need for wheel restoration, so I can tell the toxic productivity gremlins to fuck off, tuck myself into the couch with a bag of chips and a bin of knitting, and be low-key for a few hours.

• Like x 1
  3. paladinkit

It has been decided: Isaac is a gerblin, and Fiyero is a gobbo.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. paladinkit

In other news, goals for tomorrow:
    • put away clean clothes
    • get started tightening/cleaning wheel?
    • receive package of new wheel parts
    • finish wheel refurbishing
    • take a heckin nap
    • scrub bathroom
    • shower
    • open evening (laundry? knitting? blending? spinning? playing with wheel? reading? more naps? the possibilities are endless)

• Like x 1
  5. paladinkit

I have been so tired over the last several days :(

Also: impending trip/petsitting job stress is apparently manifesting as packing lists. Only it just now occurred to me that the plan my parents proposed will naturally end with me picking them up from the airport and then them swinging by my apartment before driving back home so... Wed have to fit everything I bring AND all their travel luggage in the same car :/

• Witnessed x 3
  6. paladinkit

Ok, so, today:
    • Get kitty supplies
    • Proof liath
    • Clear bobbins
    • Communicate timing for tomorrow with Dixie
    • Prep fiber?
    • Date night!

• Like x 1
  7. paladinkit

I have @Acey to thank for this, which is the most goddamn Mood I have seen in some time

Screenshot_20190705-185950.png

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  8. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

IT TRULY IS

(and that’s why everyone should add me on facebook :P)

• Like x 1
  9. paladinkit

It is a very good experience, I just try to limit the number of curse words I share in front of my grandmother, so sometimes I just have to appreciate things over here.

• Agree x 1
  10. Acey

THANKFULLY my grandma is not on FB so that’s not a concern for me personally, that’s gotta be...a trial x_x

11. paladinkit

She does not get loud about this at all, I just know it makes her uncomfortable so I save curse-containing posts for when it's important, and skip one's that are mostly just for fun.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  12. Acey

Ahh, that’s a relief that she’s not like...one of the weird Facebook Grandmas. :P

• Agree x 1
  13. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

yeah, for comparison I am very seldom on facebook these days but do not hesitate to say fuck if that's the appropriate word for the thing, and she's never hassled me about it

then again I also clocked myself on her chandelier the first time we had thanksgiving dinner at her place and said fuck at the table the second time, so the expectations might be pretty low there >_>

i at least have not being her eldest son's wife working in my favor. that woman is a trial

• Informative x 1
  14. paladinkit

We had dinner at my parents' tonight, partly just for social time and partly to update me on the state of the pets' routines and such before petsitting. Guys, I'm gonna be spending ten days taking care of three pets that are all disabled. I'm simultaneously psyched to spend time with my people (of the four legged variant) and also nervous. They're all low energy but still.

Molly (mutt) is the youngest, but has partial vision loss, significant arthritis, and anxiety like whoa. Bailey (golden retriever) is quite elderly, has notable vision loss and almost total hearing loss, and is mobility-challenged due to heavily arthritic hips & back. Zephraim (orange tabby cat) is very elderly, in kidney failure, has thyroid problems, arthritis, and has apparently lost a lot of his sense of smell/taste, some of his hearing, and a significant amount of his sight. They're all adorable, but almost heartbreakingly pathetic.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  15. paladinkit

Sometimes I'm more aware than others of how deeply, fundamentally good it feels to be so wrapped up in a craft & special interest that didn't come into my life in a significant way until after the abuse, after shitty ex-partners and - roommates and - friends, after the toxic unequal relationships. None of those people will probably ever quite get to understand. Spinning has made me, in some ways, a new person they don't know, and if they want to repair a relationship and feel like they have any claim at all to knowing the me I am now, they have to be willing to put in the work to know what this is and why it matters to me.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  16. paladinkit

Today started out pretty awful, but it got better. Crossing my fingers that the evening is good.

Rough goals for this week -
    • Put away clean clothes & do laundry
    • Proof liath (stretch: proof dearg?)
    • Do baggage handling tests
    • Knit into wreath on stocking
    • Knit lots of edging lace
    • Finish body ball of blue sweater
    • Finish gradient blend project
    • Get all yarn finished & put up
    • Return incorrect conrod
    • Finalize packing lists
    • Groceries
    • Love on cats

• Like x 4
  17. paladinkit

I know I have stuff I need to get done, but... naps.

This is a sign I should probably rest more today, tbh. I guess laundry is tomorrow?

• Witnessed x 2
  18. paladinkit

...or it could also be a migraine precursor symptom, fuck

• Witnessed x 3
  19. paladinkit

I am a tired egg, and there is still so much prep to be done, but taking time to rest and do fulfilling crafts has definitely been restorative.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  20. paladinkit

Also apparently spinning on a wheel was, like, the last piece falling into place for my spinning skills and after a few trial runs I'm already spinning sellable quality yarn and I frankly don't know what to do with that information

• Winner x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice