mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

This afternoon/evening:
    • Yarn for Rose
    • Budget update calculations and email
    • Finish buoy singles
    • Put away fiber disasters
    • Knit on stocking
    • Start organizing reds for sweater?

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. paladinkit

I have yarn going. I also have crushing depression this evening, apparently, so I've just been laying in bed between yarn timers & reading fanfic. But just a minute ago Fiyero hopped up here and laid down with his long furry side pressed up against my calf, so it looks like I have a friend, too.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
  3. paladinkit

I did! Everything! On my list! Yesterday! I am very proud of me :)

Today:
    • Measure swatch and start calculations
    • Dye
    • Knit (sleeve, foot, green)
    • Call for medical bill
    • Take survey
    • Meijer?
    • Wind off bobbin
    • Spindle spinning
    • Encourage Kai to get things she needs

• Winner x 3
  4. paladinkit

Tasks done so far: 4.3 out of 8 or 9. Not bad for having started my cycle and thus operating at an energy deficit today. I hope Kai gets off work in a semi timely manner though.

In the meantime, enjoying the cool post-storm breeze in my bedroom for a minute before I tackle next steps :)

• Like x 1
  5. paladinkit

I've done 5.7 out of 8 so far! Meijer was decided against, and it's probable I could do the remaining 2.3 in the final shift of the day. I like feeling capable of getting stuff done, even if I get overwhelmed in the middle of the day.

• Winner x 1
  6. paladinkit

I'm... Probably not going to achieve anything today

• Witnessed x 4
  7. paladinkit

Surprise! I achieved friendship. Jams needed company last minute, so she came over and we had good talks. And I'm out on minor errands now, but that's more because getting more pads was Not Optional.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  8. paladinkit

Overwhelmed and exhausted bc I keep getting stuck trying to process four-year-old trauma that I'm not 100% sure happened the way I remember it happening???? I want this to not be a thing my brain is stuck on, but since I don't get to pick that, I want to just process it and get it over with, but apparently I don't get that either, I just get more complications and more stuck.

• Witnessed x 5
  9. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

Weird. Happens to me too. Feels a lot like when the brain wants to focus on like... a favorite ship or a good scene from a movie over and over for hours, but the negative version. Personally I chalk it off to just having a fixation/obsession personality type. Which helps me because I know it’s just what I do. But now it’s trying to write trauma fanfiction for you? Super uncool of it >u<

It sucks that your own brain wants to drag you down so badly, how are you doing now?

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. paladinkit

I got a couple of hours of sleep, and I have plans to nest & take care of myself today. I'm gonna have a lot of alone time just due to prior scheduling, but we stocked up on easy food, I have ideas for activities/distractions, so it should be OK.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  11. paladinkit

I actually did a little bit of spinning, late this evening- plying, really. The spin project that got dragged out by the multiple major stress events is now finished, and drying on the racks in my closet. Part of me is glad that it's done, and part of me is almost, like, dreading picking the next thing? I don't want all the fucky emotions to take away my enjoyment of spinning, but it sure seems like they're trying to.

• Like x 1
  12. leitstern

Sounds like it’s been rough for sure. Maybe you could do a whole bunch of prep work and getting things ready but leave the fun parts until you’re in a better space?

Disclaimer: don’t know how this works

• Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  13. paladinkit

Your random suggestions actually aren't bad - there's a lot of ways to prep fiber, and I could spend the afternoon stripping down a braid or making rolags until I feel like spinning.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  14. paladinkit

I did it!

sunsetnebulabatletsprocess.jpg

Kai picked out a color theme, and I processed half of what will eventually be six full ounces of mini-batts! This was my first time making them (I've only experimented with rolags so far) but they feel like they'll be really nice to spin :) Kai fixated on the orange first for the idea of "sunset," my sis looked at them and said "nebula" - both are fairly accurate descriptions of the colors. Merino, silk, a little touch of mohair, and angelina.

• Winner x 6
  15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Stunning!!

• Like x 1
  16. paladinkit

"New River"

It took forever and a day for the canyon's and coasts to erode away
    By the weight of the ocean's cyclical motion they swayed

And though the eons may pass as slow as the sands of an hourglass
    Every grain that we've counted claims that even the mountains can change

Let it come down, let it come down
    Let it make in you a new river

I know the winds from the south have the waves riled up like a hungry mouth
    And your stomach goes hollow at the thought that it could swallow you whole

Well, it'll rain for forty days and nights, and nothing you do can slow the rising tides
    But the river takes her shape from every tempest she abides
    And like her, you'll be made new again

• Like x 1
  17. leitstern

Well damn if those don’t look gorgeous!! Of course my primary hope is you feel happy when you see them too. That’s what fun activities are for :)

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. paladinkit

• Agree x 1
  19. paladinkit

Today's impulsive self care - nail painting! I put it off a lot bc I feel like I don't have time or I fuck up the polish really fast, but I actually really enjoy painting my nails.

• Winner x 4
  20. paladinkit

My nails look like hot garbage bc I'm out of practice and I wasn't being real careful during drying steps, but you know what? It's an #aesthetic.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice