mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

• Witnessed x 2
  2. paladinkit

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO GET SICK

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  3. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

When I get home, how would you like it if I try to make the leftover garlic soup a bit milder and make you a bowl?

The leftover rellenos + eating when I'm hungry seems to be beating back the creeping crud for me *fingers crossed*

4. paladinkit

Maybe? Or maybe tomato soup

5. paladinkit

Today:
    • Finish blending
    • Wind single off Orlaith
    • Fold clothes
    • Fold brochures and other print shop work (Em is primarily heading this)
    • Get snacks (Em is on this right now)
    • Make backup sign plans?
    • Prepack as much as possible
    • Sleep and eat and stay warm

• Like x 1
  6. paladinkit

I have done:
    • Most of the blending
    • Packing list maintenance/updates
    • Gathered all extra books
    • Printed gate access passes
    • Confirmed I have files for booklets
    • Confirmed Em's snack purchases were good
    • Made and communicated loading logistics plan
    • Found out we def need to make a backup sign plan
    I need to make sure the following happen before bed:
    • Wind single off Orlaith
    • Prep Orlaith for travel
    • Finish last bit of blending
    • Fold clothes so I have an empty basket
    • Prepack the crafts basket
    • Make sure Thermos is cleaned & drink recipe selected
    • All brochures folded
    • Booklets printed
    • Errands: cat food & sign supplies
    • Make sign
    • Revisit hydration plans
    • Prepack all other R items as much as possible
    • Get cash out?
    • Lay out outfit
    And in the morning:
    • Make hot drink
    • Load Fisher
    • Get cash if we didn't last night
    • Go to the Ranch, load Appa
    • Staple booklets
    • Unload at site
    • Setup

• Like x 2
  7. paladinkit

I am the stealthiest sickie errand gremlin

Sickie around the house outfit - pajama pants, comfy sweater, woolen hat, and warmest shawl (which just happens to be fancy looking)

To be a store-acceptable gremlin - I literally just put jeans on over my pajama pants

(I know wearing pajamas to the store is a grey area sometimes, but my only pj pants are developing small holes, and in general I personally am not always comfortable rocking the pajamas in public look. I try not to be judgy of other people making that call, gods know I've done it before, but I've also known ppl who wore their stained, fleecy ducky pants out in public which just fills me with cringe and a desire to never come off like that, so...)

• Like x 6
  8. paladinkit

We returned from errands triumphant

Still need to:
    • Finish last bits of blending
    • Finish prepacking
    • Make sign
    • All brochures folded (kai is on this now)
    • Booklets printed (Em claimed this task)
    • Cash & hydration late errand (Em & maybe Kai)
    • Thermos cleaned & drink recipe selected
    And then the morning list stays the same

• Winner x 3
  9. paladinkit

I survived PPD!

Details, as usual, in list form:
    • Our booth got so much more interest than we expected! So much so that we decided, in the middle of the rush of that day, that it would be worth setting up a monthly, like, lunch&learn on gaelic polytheism in our city. We're not ready to invite more close Grove members, but as we repeated a lot at the booth, we all had a hard time finding info & resources on GaelPol, and we'd like to make sure other interested ppl in our local larger Pagan community have less of a hard time.
    • I got to have lots of good conversations with friends!
    • Of special note, my sis had a really awesome brave day - they bought and wore a they/them pin all day for one, and then they, following cues in a conversation, had a really really good convo with a Norse-aligned guy who'd obviously mostly been hearing a lot of folkish shit from the guys he was learning from, and provided him with good arguments to support his inner discomfort with all the "blood inheritance" nonsense rhetoric, which is AMAZING for both him and for my sis
    • I acquired a cute new penannular brooch, met a local jewelry artisan I'm interested in supporting more (they did hand-hammered Anglo-Saxon and adjacent cultures reproduction jewelry!), and got to financially support some friends
    • I also, since I didn't spend much at the festival itself, went out and finally picked up a very basic peg loom and I'm gonna play with weaving some :D
    • Also also, later this weekend, finally got fully stocked up on weed fuck yes
    So in short, despite the sunburn, things are looking quite good in Kit-Land. Tomorrow: start the Quest of Dust-Slaying, eat well, play with loom.

• Winner x 5
  10. paladinkit

For realsies tomorrow list:
    • Shower
    • Double check what types of filters our vacuum uses
    • Goto Home Depot: duster, vacuum filters
    • Dust in bedroom
    • Wash load of sheets & blankets
    • Play more with loom
    • Spin
    • Remake bed
    • Eat meals!

• Like x 1
  11. paladinkit

I have a mighty, glorious quest of cleaning to embark upon today! I just... Have to actually get up first :/

• Witnessed x 2
    • Like x 1
  12. paladinkit

I have:
    • Bought cleaning supplies
    • Put all our sheets & blankets and the bedroom curtains in the laundry
    • Dusted literally everything in the bedroom
    • Replaced the filters in the vacuum cleaner
    • Did my best at cleaning out the rolly brush thing in the vacuum cleaner
    • Vacuumed the mattress, the armchair, and the carpet
    • Hung the curtains again
    • Put sheet on bed
    I need to shower, and then finish making the bed. I know I could have gotten more detailed with the dusting, but I thought for this first pass, getting every reachable surface with decent effort was more important than intensity ovef just one part of the room. I also think our vacuum needs more work, but I don't have spoons for that today.

I'm really fucking determined, though. I'm so mad that Kai being sick all the time was actually her dust allergies getting worse and none of us realized. I am gonna make that room easier to sleep tonight, and slowly I'll get through the whole apartment.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  13. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Big sympathy to Kai. That sucks so much. Dust is the one environmental allergy that I know still definitely affects me as an adult if there's a lot of it. I don't know what's reasonable for you all, but getting a HEPA vacuum and air filter for my bedroom helped me a lot. A HEPA air filter tends to be loud, but I found it to be excellent white noise. They can both be kinda expensive, but they do cut way down on the amount of active, ongoing work necessary to keep dust levels down.

Good luck to both of you! I hope things get much easier now that you know what's causing the problem.

• Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
  14. paladinkit

Our current vacuum is a HEPA vacuum, luckily - I'll look into the air filter bc that sounds great in theory but loud noises make it hard for me to sleep so :/ I'm planning on asking our landlord if it's all right if we upgrade our heater and ac filters, too.

I'm really hoping that dusting at all (guess which slob has dusted, like, specific areas once a year max her entire adult life), vacuuming regularly, & washing bedding and couch blankets more frequently helps enough. Some of the "lifestyle changes for dust allergies" articles that came up on Google are scary, counter to most of our materials values, and downright mean in places. (Never open your windows! Buy a bunch of synthetic and microfiber everything that will shed microplastics constantly! If you can't rehome your pet, at least never let them in your bedroom! Seriously, fuck all that noise.)

• Like x 2
  15. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Yeah definitely fuck that noise. Vacuuming regularly, frequently washing things that will be near your face for a long time, and looking into air quality improvements is already a lot. Why on earth would you need to upend your entire life before trying less drastic measures? Also I don't know if these people have noticed that if you do manage to effectively close yourself in a recirculating system, it doesn't really improve the quality of the air. Not opening windows is not even advice relevant to dust allergies, that's for pollen allergies. Same with the pet thing. Those are not the same allergy. A person may react to additional allergens that wouldn't necessarily bother them otherwise if they're in the presence of one strong allergen, so I think it makes a lot of sense to take care of the one you know about with sensible measures that don't make you miserable and see if that's sufficient. It can take some time to recover from a string of multiple illnesses with or without allergies. If the colds don't stop immediately, that doesn't necessarily mean you're doing the wrong thing.

• Agree x 3
    • Useful x 1
  16. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

You are the most heroic of heroes, love <3

Also seriously, the smug insistence some of those dust allergy guides had that if you're allergic to dust then surely pet dander and pollen are irritants too just pisses me the fuck off.
    I can and have successfully used burying my have in Fiyero's belly fluff as a makeshift air filter before. I am definitively not allergic to any animals I have ever encountered besides humans, and the Mayo clinic wanting to sentence me to a life of living in a sterile plastic hellscape because human dander makes me sneeze is just. Aaaauuuuughh.

Minimalistic elitist puritanical fuckheads trying to say I can't have animal companionship :argh::pitchforks:

Anyway you are the best for going to all of this trouble :swoon:

• Witnessed x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. paladinkit

Sleeping in the freshly cleaned room was nice for me too :)

Today:
    • Aldi
    • Dusting & maybe de cluttering in the living room
    • Troubleshooting the wheels
    • Spinning
    • Weaving
    • Maybe finish blending the sunset nebula batlets?

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  18. paladinkit

I'm tired and sad right when I wake up, and I keep having dreams about H-R. :/

At least I have a purring cat on my lap? That is comforting and also let's me delay having to figure out the best way to take care of myself.

• Witnessed x 4
  19. paladinkit

My sis eventually gently harassed me out of bed and into clothes, a comfy spot on the couch, and actually eating something. I have a sweater, and a big mug of coffee, and my pipe, and a wheel all set up to spin whenever I feel like scooting over a seat, and a newly tuned-up vacuum cleaner if I get the energy to take it for a spin, and a book and a stack of open fanfic if I decide to continue to just not do things.

• Winner x 3
  20. paladinkit

I did a surprising amount of vacuuming today! Also: gaelpol study time, small clothes shopping trip, and finishing the PPD singles.

Tomorrow:
    Trim nail
    Budget
    Ply
    Jams time
    Gp study
    Redo bedroom now that vacuum's been tuned up?

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice