mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

HE IS HERE!!!!

I haven't seen him in person yet, but I got photos shared and I've been chatting with Mom while she waits at the hospital for them to be moved out of the delivery room.

• Winner x 8
  2. paladinkit

He is such a good sleepy little baby...

And it ended up being, in the end, not a terribly hard birth for anyone involved! All in all everyone seems happy and okay.

• Winner x 7
  3. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

party member added! tiniest human...big congrats!

• Agree x 3
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

this is such good news!!! <3

• Agree x 2
  5. paladinkit

I stole this from Acey's FB bc I deeply feel this today

Screenshot_20191218-160915.png

• Agree x 4
  6. paladinkit

Getting mad at people about political memes on Facebook is not going to make my day better, I need to stop that shit :/

• Witnessed x 4
  7. paladinkit

Lack of voter participation, when you consistently frame it as lack of INTEREST or ENGAGEMENT, is not the fucking problem!!! It's direct and malicious disenfranchisement, blocks to access, and to a much smaller percentage a valid lack of trust in the institutions that's the problem. If you'd put half as much energy into fixing systemic problems with gerrymandering, roll purges, felon disenfranchisement & how that interacts with racialized law enforcement and the "war on drugs," and literal physical and logistical barriers to casting a vote... Then the trust issues would get a lot fucking better a lot fucking faster. But no, you want to whine about how people don't care, and maaaaaybe get all high and mighty about campaign finance law - which is a problem, yeah, but deal with the shit on the ground first maybe?

Fuck you.

• Agree x 2
    • Witnessed x 1
  8. paladinkit

aaaaaaaaaaa i just shattered the fuck out of my phone's glassback :0 :( T.T

• Witnessed x 4
  9. paladinkit

i think it has a protection plan but i'm not sure, my sis covers our phones as part of their share of living expenses :/ i'll have to ask them what we need to do when they're home from work, because this is not-safe levels of shattered

• Witnessed x 3
  10. paladinkit

SO turns out my sis wasn't mad at all, they were actually kind of proud bc this is only the second time in my life that I've totalled a phone... and tl;dr given my needs with a phone + the fact that our carrier doesn't sell the moto g6 anymore & the g7 is notoriously Huge which is actually an accessibility issue for me, they're buying me a pixel 3a

O.o

it's on it's way already. holy shit.

people like me, and want me to have things I need, and don't expect me to be perfect. it's still kinda hard to internalize sometimes.

• Winner x 5
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

you deserve it friendo!! <3 i hope your new phone serves you well!

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

I'm really excited to see what you can do with it! Your shop photography and stuff can be even more fance

• Agree x 3
  13. paladinkit

This Christmas is hard for many reasons (including that my cat is spending the holiday hospitalized) but that doesn't make my nephew any less adorable.

IMG_20191225_175015.jpg

• Agree x 3
  14. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

Baby power!

He is a champion napper

• Winner x 2
  15. paladinkit

...all of our spoons are clean

• Winner x 5
  16. paladinkit

Spent my lamp time today saving 8tracks playlists - I'm most of the way through the import+download process, and I'll go back through later with the .txt tracklists to see if any songs are actually on Spotify and just weren't found by the importer, since I know I spotted some typos in people's tracklists that would mess things up. It's a weird as fuck feeling to realize this website will be gone in less than 12 hours. It's been a weirdly meaningful part of my creative process, and I don't use Spotify the same way. Not sure how to feel, really, so I'm just grabbing stuff while it's still there to grab & I'll feel things later.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Agree x 1
  17. paladinkit

Okay, that's it, all mine are on Spotify too. A few twice-ish, as some of the playlists had fraternal twin versions on my Spotify, but I imported them anyway bc I know there were some track differences, and I wanted to save album art too since I hand-designed most of my 8tracks album art. Again, I'll go sort out the details later.

I'm just gonna feel weird about this for a while.

My emotions about music are Complicated.

• Witnessed x 3
  18. paladinkit

Overheard on our local alt radio:

"If you had to choose between eating tacos every day or being skinny forever... Would you choose hard shell or soft shell?"

• Winner x 4
  19. paladinkit

Meijer is an utter fucking madhouse. I am in checkout hell. I wanted to be dyeing two hours ago. 2019 cannot fuck off fast enough, I swear.

• Witnessed x 3
  20. paladinkit

I made it home safe, and my sis had coffee pouring for me as I walked in the door, and my girlfriend didn't crowd me & instead immediately started unpacking the shopping, and they were both encouraging of me going to have introvert grump time with my coffee & my pipe in my room before coming back out to our (very low key) NYE party. I have good people <3

• Winner x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice