mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

My new contact - a friend who I didn't know smoked until we moved down here - says he'd rather I pay him in barter or w/e since he gets his supply by helping his friend out with the grow operation. Which makes me feel about ten million times better, since I don't bring in much money but I can knit this guy a whole suite of accessories, bake meals, etc.

• Winner x 3
  2. paladinkit

Insomnia again... I was going to try to get back to Routine tomorrow, but at this rate maybe not. At least it's not badfeels insomnia, just general.

• Witnessed x 3
  3. paladinkit

Yeah, I definitely did not get up when I should have for the proper Routine, but I feel well rested and I can still get stuff done

• Breakfast & coffee time
    • The full hygiene routine (wash face, brush teeth, exfoliate lips, moisturizer, hair treatment, makeup clean clothes) bc that sounds nice
    • Knit some danged things
    • Remind Kai I need pay stubs
    • Cook turkey, if it's still good
    • Get Kai's help with paperwork
    • #spin15daily
    • Irish lessons for today
    • Secret Project?
    • Gaming?

• Like x 3
  4. paladinkit

Isaac is so incredibly full of screm this afternoon. Usually it's Fiyero all worked up this time of day and Isaac is napping, I wonder what changed.

5. paladinkit

Despite feeling well-rested when I woke up, fatigue has been kicking my ass this afternoon - a good example for me to feel of the difference between "I'm short on sleep" and "my brain/body chemicals are stuck on Tired for some reason." It feels distinctly different, which was something I'd never felt quite confident saying before. And since I'm working on not letting internalized ableism win, that means I've been easing back (slightly) on my todo list. I did all the hygenie & just finished the Irish lessons, and I'm going to settle into knitting now... but I'm gonna work on a simpler project, and I'm not going to fuss about much else on the list until Kai is home.

6. paladinkit

Kai helped me with the paperwork and we threw out the ground turkey - a frozen pizza is going in the oven instead and then we can make out :) and then, as long as I do spinning as bedtime meditation, I will have done all of my primary goals for the day despite the late start + significant fatigue!

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  7. paladinkit

turns out my new fav long-lasting lip color is not impervious to eating someone out

the more you know!

• Witnessed x 1
  8. paladinkit

I'm awake! So I'm very inclined to go get my eye checkup over with at the walk-in place, if I can get dressed w/o getting stuck in sperg breakdown over clothes.

• Winner x 1
  9. paladinkit

hnnnnnnnnnn second guessing all my life choices, but at least new glasses are on the way, and I have my prescription to order a less expensive backup pair from zenni :/

• Witnessed x 1
  10. paladinkit

I really need to remember how much spinning helps my anxiety, and that I put my basket with my smallest spindle on my desk for a reason, ie so it's ready to grab and spin for a few minutes just, like, whenever. I did all that fiber prep ahead of time so it wouldn't be a Thing to get set up to spin, and then I still persist in thinking it will take more task initiation than it really does.

• Like x 1
  11. paladinkit

One of my Facebook friends was musing on what he was up to politically 3 years ago and how that did NOT go at all how he expected, and in the comments a discussion popped up about "only three years ago" and "it feels like a whole different world"

I mean, my life is a whole different world from three years ago. There's some seriously gnarly cognitive dissonance between how much worse the national/political situation has gotten vs how wildly better my personal/family/micro-local life has gotten.

• Like x 1
  12. paladinkit

I had a migraine earlier, but Kai helped me thru it and now I'm all excited abt our evening together. .. But it's getting late. Woops.

• Witnessed x 1
  13. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

• Winner x 6
  14. paladinkit

THANK!

their happy faces bring joy to my heart

• Agree x 2
  15. paladinkit

Note to self- this time, the migraine medication wore off within six hours even though it was fairly effective initially. The Midol kicked in much faster (and is actually intended to be taken more frequently, so wearing off "early" is less of a problem.) it's dumb to not take painkillers designed for the problem, but since they don't last the dosage time when they work at all, I'd rather stop stressing my liver by having to take multiple kinds of meds

• Witnessed x 1
  16. paladinkit

It's a brand new daaaaaaay...

• Migraine finally fucked off for good, I finally gave in and downloaded a migraine app so I can have better data to analyze
    • More yarn arrived yesterday! So I could start up the dyepot here once I'm ready to roll
    • I also need a shower!
    • There's always knitting to do
    • I'm running out of loan time on some ebooks I want to finish/take notes on
    • I need to balance "keeping an eye on progress updates for LOTRO's downtime" with "not having to watch entitled gamers throw fits"

• Like x 1
  17. paladinkit

So far:
    • Shower got!
    • Yarn presoaking in crockpot
    • Hopefully LOTRO will be back up in an hour, maybe we'll be able to play together for date night?
    • Neither knitting nor notes have happened
    • Instead there was a lot of DS9 fic

• Winner x 1
  18. paladinkit

Welp, they just extended the downtime again until noon tomorrow, so no gaming date night :(

• Witnessed x 2
  19. paladinkit

I was entirely over stimulated & came to lay down in the bedroom ... And then a storm started

Yesssssssssssssss

Rain gusting against the building with distant thunder rumbles is a very good sound

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. paladinkit

I have not gotten done as much as I wanted this weekend, but that's OK. When I haven't been too full of migraine, I've had some good reading & thinking time. Gonna have to keep turning ideas over in my mind, but hopefully resting has ACTUALLY let me do some good long-term-planning thinking instead of just being a navel-gazing waste of time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice