mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

HIGH KOALA-TY BABY SNUMGL :swoon:

• Agree x 1
  2. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

S M O L...sleeby

• Agree x 1
  3. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

spiritualadviceandthedevilslettuce.jpg

Goals, TBH

• Agree x 3
  4. paladinkit

I wanna go camping so bad :( but we're out of practice enough that we should probably use a campsite for car camping, and I worry about the shared bathrooms :/ idk. I keep thinking about this and going in circles mentally.

• Witnessed x 2
  5. paladinkit

Settling into the first morning of my new work schedule, and everything is going well so far. I'm really hoping that going back to just one baby here during the day will give me more time to get, like, anything else in my life done. Especially since this is the baby that's still napping several hours during the day!

Today's non baby goals include -
    • Yarn dyeing work
    • Budget & grocery logistics
    • Turn the radishes into fridge pickles
    • Fold laundry
    • Knitting time

• Like x 3
  6. paladinkit

...getting non baby goals done is really hard on days where I'm having a migraine >.< at least the afternoon nap is being nice and long, though, and at least this is a job that isn't totally incompatible with migraines? And even if my meds aren't kicking in 100% I have comfy clothes and good music which helps.

• Witnessed x 2
  7. paladinkit

I had a whole-ass meltdown at a person but then we talked and everything was okay afterwards! This is a thing that can happen, brain!

• Winner x 4
  8. paladinkit

Ok so the trough of this week was depression hell, but I keep getting better, and I have weed now and a three day weekend and I'm just having lots of really good conversations on my way out of the hole, and enjoying good and beautiful things, and it's really nice even if it's interspersed between anxiety attacks or irritability spikes and underpaid with fatigue like whoa.

Today I folded laundry, knit, coordinated tomorrow's social schedule, dyed a skein of yarn, made homemade butter, helped make sides for an incredibly tasty dinner, and generally had a pretty good time. Also my girlfriend is very cute and she's gonna let me come up with a yarn colorway inspired by her current hair color!

received_776050569875484.jpeg

• Winner x 5
  9. paladinkit

The good: baby has been sleeping peacefully since he arrived this morning & I've already gotten several things knocked off my to do list

The bad: the baby is teething, so I'm kind of dreading him waking up :(

The ugly: my hands are, like, quite fucked up this morning for no discernable reason. Trying to carry on with light use and stretching but fffffffuck the start of the week is not the time, hands

• Witnessed x 2
  10. paladinkit

HOLY SHIT GUYS

HOLY SHIT

WHAT THE FUCK

GUYS

• Agree x 1
  11. paladinkit

GUYS MY NEW PATTERN RELEASE IS CURRENTLY #4 IN THE "HOT RIGHT NOW" KNITTING SEARCH ON RAVELRY

• Winner x 12
    • Like x 1
  12. paladinkit

I'm going to explode from excitement holy fuck

• Winner x 4
  13. paladinkit

I'm losing my fickign mind it's #2 now Screenshot_20200923-122433.png

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
  14. paladinkit

FUCK

• Winner x 2
  15. paladinkit

Screenshot_20200923-123614.png

• Winner x 10
  16. paladinkit

[softly] what the fuck

• Winner x 5
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Big congrats!! You made a powerful pattern

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  18. paladinkit

I apparently did! It's dropped back down again, this is definitely the most ephemeral stat on the database, but I still have almost 900 unique downloads & am still in the top 20 O.o

• Winner x 5
  19. paladinkit

So to celebrate the surprise success of the pattern release, I dyed my hair for the first time since I think 2015, and definitely the first wild colors since 2014! I had a mini breakdown post dyeing about it not being the exact vibe I was going for, but dry & in daylight it is super cool! Just... Not a mermaid, lol. Forest holy well creature maybe, but not mermaid.

PXL_20200925_113045474.MP.jpg PXL_20200925_113101440.jpg PXL_20200925_113336354.MP.jpg PXL_20200925_115940300.jpg PXL_20200925_153822344.jpg PXL_20200925_153926018.jpg

• Winner x 3
  20. paladinkit

I am taking today OFF. No childcare, no yarn business, no housewife, no priestess work. I'm allowed to play games, do self care, craft for my own enjoyment, eat, enjoy media, and be outside if I feel like it.

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice