mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PATTERN! That's so cool! And I hope you had a very relaxing day off!

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I am bad at taking days off so I was more depressed and stressed than was ideal, but I literally just need to practice more often, I think. I don't want to become that caricature of a housewife going "you guys just can't function without me!!!"

Today - weekend chores, Grove meeting, family Zoom call

• Like x 2
  3. paladinkit

It's good to have friends :) rose and Mac are bringing over fried chicken later. Helps make a busy busy chore catchup day & lots of time management stress across the whole extended fam better if we insist on wedging in social time too

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. paladinkit

extended fam= rose and mac's baby is being introduced to us as nephew, we've got a polycule link & are planning on living as neighbors if not on a semi-blended property when we're all ready to leave the city?

I've had this dream crushed before so I haven't been hoping too hard but they're still serious about it, while still patient & flexible

• Winner x 2
  5. paladinkit

I got today off bc the babe had a pediatricians appointment and he's suuuuper not into being stabbed (understandable) so Rose thought it was better to just take the day off with him. Which means I have a day off!

I still woke up at 6am with the mad mindless determination of "you have to get out of bed NOW or DOOM will befall this morning." I turned on a light, went to the bathroom, poked my head in to make sure Em was waking up, and sat down to light therapy only to get a sleepy confused text from Em like "... I thought we had today off?" I felt dumb for a moment, but then triumphant, and grabbed that extra sleep with both hands.

Today had been Very Migraine, but I am mostly on top of it, and staying cozy yet surprisingly productive! I reached out to the buyer's agent that L recommended (because OH YEAH OUR PREQUAL LETTER CAME IN WE CAN BUY A FUCKING HOUSE) so that's started, I printed out my worksheets and started knitting the swatch for my zoom class tomorrow, and I'm gonna make special fudge and take a shower later. Good good cozy time with podcasts and knitting mostly.

• Winner x 5
  6. paladinkit

in lighter news: today, baby 1 (eleven months) took a toy that baby 2 (five months) had dropped & then hid it in his mother's hoodie at pickup in order to take it with him. I can't fucking believe my nephew pulled off a reverse pickpocket heist before he turned one.

• Winner x 8
  7. paladinkit

so we own a house now

• Winner x 7
    • Agree x 1
  8. paladinkit

the twist: we own a house that we were going to move our beds & basics to today, but now our truck won't start!

(K is on the case, hoping it's just a dead battery since it's near the end of its lifespan and it missed its usual weekly quarantine times walkies last week. but still! gotta love it!)

• Witnessed x 5
    • Agree x 1
  9. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

Also I'm so fucking proud of our nephew lmao

• Winner x 2
  10. paladinkit

brains are weird

• Agree x 2
  11. paladinkit

my life may be a disaster but at least i did yoga this morning!

it's the little things

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  12. paladinkit

ok brain this doesn't have to be that hard

-grab pajama pants & cardigan from basket and then put them on
    -put on glasses
    -grab coffee mug from the vanity and take it downstairs
    -look for a cereal bowl, wash if necessary
    -pour milk
    -grab spoon
    -grab cereal box
    -breakfast

you wanna eat so you don't just get tired and sad!

• Witnessed x 1
  13. paladinkit

i've gotta start being more of a people

• Witnessed x 2
  14. paladinkit

part of being a people is celebrating holidays! K and I had our legal wedding eight years ago yesterday, so she took time off work for a four-day weekend. we're in the middle of a pandemic & snowed in, but that doesn't mean we can't staycation, right? so far it's involved a lot of moving extremely slowly & luxuriously through the day, a lot of tasty foods & drinks being brought to me wherever I'm comfy, and like 10x the normal amount of snuggles. it's so good <3

• Winner x 5
  15. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

MERR ANNIVERSARY, I hope it keeps being lovely!!! :D

• Agree x 1
  16. paladinkit

i did the big brave
    i had to have like whole-body-shuddering-sobs after the scheduling phone call and after getting out of the office but i did it
    i had my first dental exam in over a decade

good news: apparently my self soothing skills are much better than i worried they'd be, and this office really was a good fit for being accommodating of the anxiety & 'tisms, and my teeth are not as bad as i was panicking they would be

bad news: our dental insurance fucking sucks and i need to get my wisdom teeth out & a root canal for the biggest problem tooth asap :(

• Witnessed x 3
    • Winner x 1
  17. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Witnessed for the bad news, YAY for everything else!

• Agree x 2
  18. paladinkit

big big Yay for everything else :) and we'll figure out financing the work, I just have to beat back the voices that say I'm not worth it with a big stick. we're not that desperately poor anymore, we can make it work.

• Winner x 1
  19. HonestlyVan

HonestlyVan a very funny person who never tells jokes

Winner'ed for the accomplishments. I'm sorry about your teeth and associated insurance trouble.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  20. paladinkit

Waking up to both a migraine AND my phone crashing apps repeatedly means that both my meat brain and my prosthetic brain are on the fritz :/ at least it's my rest day? maybe i can call it a low screens day and just chill (she says, while stressing & typing on her chromebook)

• Witnessed x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice