mostly roving, partly stars

Discussion in 'Your Bijou Blogette' started by paladinkit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

On the one hand... Doing meal prep would suit my particular disability limitations well, hopefully add some variety to our diets, and maybe even save a little grocery money.

On the other hand, abuser was super into (the concept of) meal prep, and trying to research freezer-to-crockpot meals is apparently a bit triggering still :/

• Witnessed x 4
  2. paladinkit

All right. Still don't have my head sorted out, but I'm gonna try to make a grocery plan anyway

I reread the whole kintsugi kitchen thread and got some good ideas, although there's not a lot of meal prep type stuff in there. Considering asking for suggestions although I don't know if I should do so in the kitchen thread or in a new meal prep focused thread?

• Like x 1
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

i feel like both could be good? Maybe make a meal prep thread and link it in kintsugi kitchen with request for suggestions

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  4. paladinkit

Thank you for the idea Ivy!

Groceries are sorted enough for now, time to go study Irish & then knit like the wind until Kai is home and we can finish sorting books.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  5. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

drops in with More 'Saurs.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 5
  6. paladinkit

BABIES

• Agree x 3
  7. paladinkit

Aw fuck. I don't know why I forgot that it was Kai's date night with her boyfriend. I had my whole evening planned and now my sperg brain is just like @.@

• Witnessed x 3
  8. paladinkit

Where did all my happy motivation from yesterday gooooooooooooo

• Witnessed x 1
  9. paladinkit

I am the party planner it is meeeee...

So my gift to Kai this year for her birthday is that I'm organizing her birthday party - we're going to do a sort of open Irish-pub games & movie night. I've got a menu sorted, music planned, thinkin' about decorations, and invitations have gone out. I just really, really hope people actually fucking RSVP - that's probably my biggest old-lady-at-heart pet peeve.

• Winner x 1
  10. paladinkit

My delayed mail finally arrived!

I keep wanting to chant CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK CHEESEBURGER BACKPACK, but alas, it's not...

hamburgerbackpack.jpg grinder.jpg

It's a hamburger grinder :) (and other inexpensive related toys)

• Winner x 2
  11. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

HAMBURGER GRINDER! HAMBURGER GRINDER! :D

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. paladinkit

It's just a cheap little novelty thing, but considering the one I owned was the free plastic kind I got with my first pipe, this is still an upgrade! Plus: HAMBURGER GRINDER HAMBURGER GRINDER!!!! (it has everything i need inside)

• Winner x 1
  13. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My grinder is pretty good but it's...not a hamburger.

It is, however, dumb as fuck.

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  14. paladinkit

Dumb accessories are excellent!

Bc I need practice, I'm gonna babble to myself for a minute. Feel free to reply if you want but I am a SUPER BEGINNER so, like, be aware.

Cé as tú? Is as Meiriceá mé. Is as baile beag ó dhúchas mé ach tá cónai orm in Indianapolis mé. Cónas atá tú?

• Agree x 1
  15. paladinkit

Doing a science on pain def makes it more bearable.

In other news... Feeling the pressure to bring in more money. Honestly not sure I can pick up out of the house work, even non-traditional/self-scheduled stuff, without the carefully rigged household system collapsing. Maybe I can just hustle harder at getting yarn out? Idk how much I'll actually make at that, though :(

• Like x 1
  16. paladinkit

I find it hard to imagine how we functioned before my sis moved in with us. It's just the absolute best thing. As someone who has reason to be dubious about roommates, this is still just amazing and honestly if you can find other adults that actually click, multi-adult households are awesome for disability (even if all the adults are some variety of disabled).

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. paladinkit

(with an imaginary address)

Tá cónaí orm uimhir a ceathair, Ascaill na Seiceamar, Indianapolis. Tá mé i mo chónai i t-árasán thuas staighre le mo bhean Kai, mo dheirfiúr Em, agus ár dhá gcait (Fiyero agus Isaac). Tá dhá sheomra codlata againn. Ar ceann, tá seomra suí againn, agus an chistin beag. Is maith liom é!

I was using the dictionary to come up with some of that bc it wasn't in the lesson, but there it is - a paragraph I came up with!

• Winner x 3
  18. paladinkit

In more "I have no idea what my body's doing" news...

I'm more irritated at the cat than I should be for relatively minor misbehavior, and I'm weirdly tired... And then I look at my phone and see the notification for my tracking app that I'm still in the middle of an ongoing migraine and go "oh." a few seconds of paying attention and yeah, it didn't stop when I wasn't paying attention, I just forgot I was in the middle of a migraine.

Fucking brains, man.

• Witnessed x 2
  19. paladinkit

Okay. Did a lot of thinking & researching, and I'm gonna start my fundraising by trying to see what I can get secondhand for the clothes and books we've konmari'd. Even a little bit will make a difference, and it's someplace to start.

• Like x 1
  20. paladinkit

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice