Moving old threads?

Discussion in 'That's So Meta!' started by Fucker, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Hi, as some of you might know, i have to some degree grown up on this forum and thus have... a fair amount of backlog here. A lot of it is threads pertaining to subject matters that are very intimate/sensitive, vent threads with a lot of reactionary, angry statements that look bad out of context and some other stuff i don’t really want on the internet.

BUT browsing this forum helps with reality checking and it brings me comfort to know I’m not wholly insane by sometimes reading old threads about my childhood, so i would not want them deleted. Would it be possible to move these threads (i can link in a PM) to a hidden sub forum where only i and maybe mods can read the backlog?

It’s probably a pretty obscure place either way, but I’ve just been thinking about how much of my Lore is on the internet and it does not really make me comfortable, thank you

2. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Hi yeah I think if you manage to get in contact with the mods and link//report all your personal threads you can have these moved to the Caring Void where both only you and the mods can see/access

Though tbh I'm not sure how active the mods are currently

• Agree x 2
  3. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Thank you Broski i shall look into it, no idea the mods vanished lol

4. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

Hope you get em threads tucked away pal

• Like x 1
  5. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

if this reply gets through post moderation then the mods are still here

• Useful x 2
  6. spockandawe

spockandawe soft and woolen and writhing with curiosity

Hey! Sorry, work has been hectic enough I'm not keeping tabs on the forum at large, just reports. The easiest way to get threads moved is by reporting any one post from each of your threads you want moved, and then it's like two seconds for me to select and relocate the whole thing.

In the caring void, only you and mods will be able to see the threads, so it's a decent place to work if you maybe want the option of asking a question or experiencing a small amount of witnessing for any given experience (we'd be able to read the whole thread in theory, but I know I don't really backread, I just follow along with new posts). It's real easy for mods to bounce things in our out of there, whatever you way. I thinkkkk the diaries is just you, no mods, but it means that nobody will be able to move things in there, i think. I've never used the diaries myself, and it's been a while since I saw it last discussed, so I'm not 100% positive I remember all the details

• Informative x 3
  7. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Thank you, noted!

8. Chiomi

Chiomi Master of Disaster

Yeah, that's how the diaries works. It sounds like the Void is probably what you'd most want?

Though anything marked 'Private' is not searchable by Google or viewable without being logged in. So I think it depends on the amount of locking down you want to do?

• Informative x 1
  9. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

I will put away the most important stuff, I’m generally pretty on guard when it comes to these things esp as I’m about to work on my career which could theoretically include some obsessed person trying to dig up my internet footprint and that makes me feel weird

10. Fucker

Fucker Well-Known Member

Also lord i just realized this whole forum is now less active than some of the discord’s I’m in. Truly a symtom of Society

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice