Mutant and Proud! (X-men here!)

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by PotteryWalrus, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Aya-non

Aya-non Well-Known Member

I don't outright hate it, but it felt pretty shoehorned in the movies. I can't speak to the comics, but it seemed like the reason it happened in XMFC was because they knew people were gonna ship Cherik and wanted to make sure you knew that Charles did in fact have a female love interest. (Disclaimer, Cherik's not much my thing, either, but it makes more sense than Xaiver/Moira)

To me, at least, they never really had a lot of chemistry, and that stunt he pulled at the end of the movie [no spoilers here] was not a thing you do to someone you actually respect as a partner. *shrugs*

• Like x 1
  2. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

well i mean in the comics (uncanny, anyways) he did kinda abandon her with his and her super op mentally unstable reality warping son to deal with herself and tried his very best to forget they existed. so yeah, moria and xavier are really bad together.

edit: i mean he abandoned his indestructable brother too so i think it's a thing with him? xavier's kinda a really avoidant person.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  3. @Aya-non That's exactly what it felt like to me, and that's exactly why I hate it. It was essentially the writers going "Hey, guess what, Charles is Super Straight, look at this Attractive Woman he finds Very Attractive" and meanwhile Charles is still looking out for and trying to save Erik at every turn even after he paralyzed him and Charles is still the person Erik has the greatest emotional connection to ever and it's just like ?! You turned aside all that interesting-as-hell internal and external conflict between them to let us watch Charles act like a 12 year old with his first crush for someone we barely get to know? Really?!

• Like x 3
  4. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

@autopsyblue
    And let's not forget how they straightened Erik out with a nice double-fridging, either. God that made me so mad, his family were so cute. That kid deserved better than a twitchy-fingered archer who apparently just knew how to make flint arrowheads I guess, which is actually a learned skill not just something you can do because you want one to shoot a guy with metal powers and get it right first time. *huffs*

• Like x 1
  5. See I agree with you about the family, but I do at this point think Erik is bi. It seems like there's some depth of connection between him and his wife, and I do think he finds Raven attractive even though he's not in love-love with her. Charles, however. Oh Charles.

Also what do people think about Magnetic Professor as a replacement ship name for Cherik?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

Erik is for sure someone who's attracted to both men and women, he super obviously cared about his wife but equally he super obviously cares about Charles because, I mean. *gestures to the reason why he turns to their side again*

I like it! Ship names where you take part of each name and squash them together always feel a little awkward to me, especially compared to the creativity you can get in the other style of ship naming.

Also, are you guys aware of the X-men '92 comic series? They're only on the 4th issue so far, but it's a currently-running series based on the 90s X-men cartoon. I've currently got the 1st issue on order, and the 2nd and 3rd are staring at me from my shelf, trying to get me to read them before it arrives.

• Like x 1
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

marvels making another xmen movie, and it looks totally different than anything theyve done before. Its gritty. Its emotional. Its waaay more personal than theyve gotten with superhero movies before. Its simply named logan and it looks badass af

Its the third and supposedly final wolverine solo film, and very possibly the last time mr stewart plays our beloved professor.

• Like x 2
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

So im pretty sure the girl is x 23, and im excited for more weapon x worldbuilding! Even though her character gives me mondo heartache. fuck people who do that shit to kids. anyways the movies, even the ones specifically about wolverine, are too vague about the project and aside from being used as a plot device to give logan ptsd flashbacks they dont really go into it or what happened after.

I love the whole "people are losing their abilities and less mutants are being born" shoe horn plot they've come up with as to why wolverine looks old. Its cute. I was struck with the need for a last of us film with bearded hugh jackman as joel when i saw the trailer though

• Like x 3
  9. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I'm late to the party, hello.
    I forgot that they explained why there's so few mutants there in the trailer, so I say fuck that and declare my own canon for the movie re: that bit
    the movie from here on out takes place after the scarlet witch altered reality via her no "no more mutants" spie and lowered the mutant population from millions to an estimated 128, and the population is just not recovering very fast. boom. makes more sense now. except it doesn't. but at least that actually happened in the plot at SOME point.

• Like x 1
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Thats what i thought at first too! Also i looked it up, i may be wrong as well.

So basically the plot is a bunch of human cyborgs called the reavers hunt down and kill people, with logan and co based loosely off a marvel comic au called old man logan, which is this post apocalytic series where logan was hypnotised to kill all the xmen, which could explain the " where are all the mutants" ad campaign marvel is doing. X 23 is shoehorned into the plot for funsies, itll probably be really cool

I REALLY want a house of m movie, and since Logan confirms the mcu is doing the alternate realities thing, we may one day get one

• Like x 1
  11. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

i'll be honest, my head hurts LOL. marvel makes my head hurt. so what i gathered from that though is that Logan takes place in the future after Days of Future Past, but the future Logan didn't go back in time and alter? Or am I way off the mark?

12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I think it is the altered future, or an altered future, where a completely different thing went down and created a second different apocalypse from the first one. Wolverine still fixed the sentinal universe from happening but then something else happened instead

• Like x 1
  13. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

:0 i'm a little lost on the plot stuff (thank u everyone who's trying to explain) but this looks really good, i'm ready to get punched in the emotions

• Like x 1
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I tried to make a diagram, hopefully it makes sense???

Sketch12618531.png

Theres also the possibility the "good" future at the end of dofp turns into logan

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    • Like x 1
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

16. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

ooooh i think i see now. hm. that now begs the question that's been plaguing my mind for ages - are they ever going to bring the avengers and the x-men together, and i mean besides a different hella-dead quicksilver and scarlet witch being in avengers lmao.

• Like x 2
  17. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I hope so! I also hope hawkeye is in logan b/c according to the source material him and logan are apocalypse buddies in the comics. Old man logan has hulk incest and venom possessing a trex to tho so they might leave him out in the reworked plot

• Like x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I was hella dissapointed no xmen were in civil war because the hero registration act was such a big thing in the comics. A LOT of marvel writers jumped on that particular universe and some really neat stuff came out of it iirc and the movie just didn't do it for me

• Like x 2
  19. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

The problem is that Marvel Studios doesn't own movie rights to the XMen, and Sony doesn't own movie rights to the Avengers, and neither of them are really keen on sharing.

20. Maya

Maya smug_anime_girl.jpg

I would say "DISNEY BUY X-MEN BACK" but i really like Ian McKellen as Magneto so I will... hold off... I'm still kinda bitter about Spiderman being bought back and them not keeping Andrew Garfield >:(

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice