My Candle Burns At Both Ends

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Evelyn's Solo.

2. Cage

Cage Hearts Are Wild, That's Why Our Ribs Are Cages

Evelyn wakes at 2 pm to a pounding on her bedroom door, Cage's voice ringing out loud in the quiet of their apartment. "Evelyn. Evelyn, it's your turn to do the dishes. Wake up. I'm not doing your chores for you, this week. I'm needed at Court."

3. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"I'll do 'em when I get up, let me sleep!" Evelyn turns over to face the other side of the wall.

4. Cage

"I'm going to break your fucking door down! Open up Evelyn!" Cage yells, pounding on the other side of the portal.

5. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Evelyn squints her eyes closed, cuddles further under the covers then tosses them off in one quick motion. She stands up and walks to the door, pulling it open as soon as she hears another fist hit the wood. "What?"

6. Cage

"Do. Your. Chores." Cage stares, deadpan, down at her, brow furrowed in annoyance.

7. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Evelyn's flames flare for a second "Fine." She walks past cage towards the kitchen.

8. Cage

"...I'll just assume that you're going to continue this operation naked. As Usual." Cage sighs.

9. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Yes. Unless you have some issue with that you can talk to my lawyer." Evelyn walks to the the sink.

10. Cage

"Morrigan's going to be over later. Put some panties on by then, at the very least?" Cage sighs.

11. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"It's not like she hasn't seen me naked." Evelyn does her best to imitate Cage's deadpan.

12. Cage

Evelyn, everyone's seen you naked, that doesn't mean you shouldn't wear underwear!"

13. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Yeah, well, she sees it everyday, so you know what? I'm less then ashamed."

14. Cage

"I'd like to see it a little less often myself, especially considering you barge into my room often enough."

15. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"Then don't interrupt my hangovers." Evelyn begins cleaning the dishes, showing no signs of interest or love for the act.

16. Cage

"Then don't get drunk in the middle of the week," Cage rumbles, going to grab her heavy coat, pulling it on over the open cage of her body. "Can you get the laundry done, as well?"

17. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

" Stop me. I'll do the laundry, but you owe me a hair of the dog."

18. Cage

Cage sighs and grumbles "I'll be late getting back."

She pauses "Did you really finish off all our alcohol again? Why don't you just burn it at this rate? It would be more efficient."

19. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

"No I didn't but I did finish off the scotch, so, hair of the dog. Please?"

20. Cage

Cage sighs then walks out the door, slamming it shut behind her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice