My Candle Burns At Both Ends

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Kristoph Thalberg

Kristoph Thalberg New Member

"Already on it," Kristoph murmurs. "....and I believe Martin is referring to... well. Charlot knows more than he realizes."

2. Martin Reed

Martin Reed Seer-Witch of Heart

"...but he's too human, and too disconnected, to be allowed to remember." Martin smiles apologetically. "...why do you think I kept having to lower his rent? These things have to balance out."

His eyes go dark as pitch for a moment, obsidian orbs with no whites. "....an' I ain't gonna hold for folks endangerin' the folks who live here 'cause they make it clear they're gonna go talk to the cops or the news or call 911 'bout how someone spontaneously burst into flame while having an argument downstairs but's absolutely fine. Now, though..."

He gestures between Corrie and Lee. "...he's got a reason to care about not bringing down trouble on everyone else. That's important."

3. Lee Charlot

Lee Charlot The Practical One

"....burst into flames? What are you talking about?!" Lee looks between Martin and Corrie.

4. Corrie Macpherson

Corrie Macpherson I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert

Martin doesn't need to make a very large gesture, nor does Lee have too far to look, since Corrie had almost unconsciously moved between them when it got intense.

"I guess we need more explanations than I thought," she says, half over her shoulder, and forcing her tone lighter than it really wants to go. It's probably kind of obvious. "And anytime you want to stop talking like he's not here, I think we'd appreciate that too."

5. Martin Reed

"Actually, I was referrin' to both'a your for half of that," Martin's grin looks a bit more apologetic. "...but seriously, you-" He looks at Lee. "Have the worst habit of walkin' in on stuff you reeeeally shouldn't. I swear I had th' damn door to the office locked last time, too-"

He runs a hand through his hair. "...seriously, though, you..." He looks over at Kristoph, just in time to get an armful of rabbit as Kristoph heads back over with the cup of coffee.

6. Kristoph Thalberg

Kristoph Thalberg New Member

Kristoph ruffles Martin's hair, then holds out the coffee mug to Corrie. "...what Martin is trying to say, is that most of the people who live here aren't human. Full stop. Not like You, Lee, not like Us, Corrie. Something that's different enough that their biology can be affected by it."

He looks at Martin, expression mild. "....so, for the time being, I'll handle responsibility for getting these two oriented. Is that fine?"

7. Martin Reed

"...if you agree." Martin huffs, settling Thanatos so the bunny's face is pressed against his shoulder and he has it's bottom supported with one arm.

He holds the other out, palm open, towards Lee. "....shake my hand, an' the deal's cleared, and I lift the binds placed upon your memories, per our agreements, as given time and time again, Charlot."

8. Lee Charlot

Lee frowns, lips pursed, then steps forwards so he's next to Corrie. "....this sound like a good idea to you?" He asks quietly.

9. Corrie Macpherson

"I'd do it. But I'm me," Corrie answers, just as quietly.

10. Lee Charlot

"...and everyone else I can ask already knows... something's going on. I..." He grimaces, grits his teeth. "...fine. I. I want to know."

He steps forwards and grips Martin's hand.

11. Martin Reed

Martin's eyes go wide, and his hand seems to change, skin patterned like black marble for a moment before it turns to normal.

"Welcome back to even footing, Mr. Charlot."

12. Lee Charlot

".....Evelyn killed the-" His eyes snap to Kristoph, and he clamps a hand over his mouth. "................"

13. Martin Reed

"....you saw that?" Martin bleats. "Charlot why do you always walk in on things you ain't supposed to see?! Holy Hopping Christ!"

14. Corrie Macpherson

"I wish I knew." Corrie... may or may not have had her own past woes with doors she could have sworn she'd locked. It's an affectionate bit of reminiscence, and then she moves up next to Lee to bump shoulders. "You all right?

15. Lee Charlot

"Yees...." He says tightly. "....I just. I suddenly know things about our neighbors I wish I didn't... and I also think I'm back to paying full rent."

16. Martin Reed

"...that is also accurate."

17. Melkiah

Melkiah dwarflover

The door to the apartment buzzes, announcing a visitor.

18. Martin Reed

"...hell." Martin slinks over, popping onto his toes to peer out the peephole, then opens up. "Yo."

19. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn Browne I burn for you

"Hey" Evelyn leans into the doorway " is Morrigan with you still?"

20. Martin Reed

"Yeah, Galen's making sure that smoke's out of her system. Guess it woulda been real bad if it was one of us."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice