My Candle Burns At Both Ends

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn Browne I burn for you

" Yeah, then I would have had to pay more for her." Evelyn quips, sitting down next to Morrigan and putting a hand on her shoulder.

2. Morrigan Black

Morrigan Black We are all dying slowly

Morrigan for her part reacts neither to the joke nor the touch.

3. Freddie Ehrlich

Freddie Ehrlich Galen, Witch of Life

"Do you two know where the body ended up? It might be worth checking out."

4. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn widens her eyes like a child with it's hand caugh in a cookie jar. " uhhh... it's inside cage now."

5. Freddie Ehrlich

Freddie stares. "...seriously? That's the first place it went?"

6. Evelyn Browne

"No... I wanted to put it in the dumpster, but cage insisted." Evelyn huffs out and crosses her arms.

7. Freddie Ehrlich

"...the dumpster is even worse, Evelyn. Was that Martin's idea or yours?" He asks incredulously.

8. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn rolls her eyes around trying to remember. " both? I think it was both."

• Like x 2
  9. Freddie Ehrlich

"...right. Where is she?"

10. Evelyn Browne

"Right outside" Evelyn gestures with her thumb.

11. Freddie Ehrlich

Freddie nods, and heads out the door, calling while he's still in the hallway. "Cage, I need you to open up so I can take a look at whatever that thing was-"

He stops on the threshold of the hall where it leads to the living room and kitchen, staring at Lee and Corrie.

".............you didn't think to tell me there were more people here, Evelyn?"

12. Martin Reed

Martin Reed Seer-Witch of Heart

"Eh, whatever, they're getting into the learnin' things stuff anyway," Martin shrugs, having slipped back towards the kitchen to put snacks on the table in preparation for 'a talk'.

13. Evelyn Browne

"I thought you would look before you speak." Evelyn crosses her arms.

14. Freddie Ehrlich

Freddie sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I see."

15. Evelyn Browne

"Your fault you didn't" Evelyn whispers almost under her breath.

16. Corrie Macpherson

Corrie Macpherson I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert

Corrie seems remarkably incurious about the meaning of "open up". Maybe people will assume it's because she's fretting over Lee.

"I'm starting to wonder how much you guys can really blame on anyone walking in on anything," she says mildly.

17. Freddie Ehrlich

The man breathes, slowly, scanning Lee and Corrie. "...well, you're a dead woman walking and he's..." Fred stares. "...well. You know what, I'm not going to figure that one out. But there's a very high correspondence of 'once you run into one weird thing, you start running into them nonstop'. It's basically the Murphy's Law of the supernatural. With the corollary of 'and some of those things will try to murder you'."

18. Corrie Macpherson

Corrie Macpherson I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert

...excuse you, new guy, does Lee look like he needs to hear about things trying to kill him right now? Corrie's mildness palpably cools several degrees.

"Is anyone else going to be joining our flash mob?" she calls out in Kristoph's direction.

19. Martin Reed

Martin Reed Seer-Witch of Heart

"Morrigan is in the bedroom," Martin replies.

20. Kristoph Thalberg

Kristoph Thalberg New Member

"...hopefully no one else is going to kool-aid man their way in," Kristoph sighs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice