My Candle Burns At Both Ends

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Freddie Ehrlich

Freddie Ehrlich Galen, Witch of Life

"...right, anyway. I need to get to work." Freddie shrugs, then nods to Corrie and Lee. "...if either of you need to get patched up, let Martin or Kristoph know. I'm practically on retainer at this point."

2. Corrie Macpherson

Corrie Macpherson I'm not expecting to grow flowers in a desert

"'Kay. Thanks." Corrie doesn't sound terribly thankful, probably because in the face of Lee's renewed fear she isn't, but hey, basic politeness doesn't cost anything.

3. Freddie Ehrlich

"....oh." He pauses. "...and if you have the same hobbies of half of these yahoos, I can also take care of any... social diseases you run into, in a pinch. Just try not to catch something too virulent. I also don't do colds - better things to spend my magic on than the sniffles."

He looks at Cage. "...get someone to box that thing up and send it my way? It may be prudent to figure out just what the hell we're dealing with. If there's one, there may be more, and we got damn lucky this time."

• Like x 1
  4. Cage

Cage Hearts Are Wild, That's Why Our Ribs Are Cages

"....lucky?" Cage glances over. "...what do you mean?"

5. Lee Charlot

Lee Charlot The Practical One

Lee's breathing is managing to even out, though Corrie can read the tensing of his shoulders enough to confirm that, yeah, this is not information that's making it easy... and he's petting Thanatos... a little harder than he should, but... He offers Corrie a tight smile, sidling over to give her a hesitant shoulder-bump.

6. Corrie Macpherson

Corrie leans against him, warm and solid. Everything's going to be fine. Eventually. Including, apparently, hypothetical VD?

• Like x 1
  7. Lee Charlot

Lee leans more of his weight against her, muscles loosening in a full-body sigh. It's going to be fine. Partners in crime, right?

8. Corrie Macpherson

Always.

...she kind of wants to ask about "lucky" herself, but no one seems about to leave; she doesn't have to be the one to break the moment of quiet.

9. Freddie Ehrlich

"...yeah, if she was more organic, like just about anyone else in this room, we would be having a very, very big problem. In that I may not have been able to get here quickly enough." Fred responds slowly.

10. Morrigan Black

Morrigan Black We are all dying slowly

"So, what do I owe you Mr.Healing hands Galin?" Morrigan asks, leaning against a door frame in a pose reminiscent of cheesecake posters.

11. Freddie Ehrlich

"...standard retainer continues to apply, Ms. Black," Galen quirks a brow.

12. Morrigan Black

She sighs "Okay how much do I owe you?" She pulls out her checkbook.

13. Freddie Ehrlich

He heads over to negotiate his fee. Considering it was removing a life-threatening illness... it's cheap.

14. Morrigan Black

Morrigan is more then happy to sign the check, throwing in a small bonus if he bothers to double check it.

15. Freddie Ehrlich

"Good doing business with you," he smiles quickly.

16. Morrigan Black

She nods 'pleasure as always, hope to never need it again."

17. Freddie Ehrlich

"I hope so, too," he nods. "Take care."

18. Corrie Macpherson

"Hey, no insurance forms," Corrie murmurs approvingly. Mostly it's for Lee to hear, because he is clearly in desperate need of a little humor.

19. Lee Charlot

Lee stifles a giggle. "Everyone's back alley doctor?"

20. Freddie Ehrlich

Freddie blinks, then smiles at them both. "Someone has to do it, right? Sometimes they even let me practice actual nursing," he jokes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice