My Candle Burns At Both Ends

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Morrigan Black

Morrigan Black We are all dying slowly

Morrigan tries to hold her breath but fails, sucking in a lungful of smoke and starting to cough immideatly.

(( stamina+ stamina, 0 success))

Roll(4d10)+0:
    3,7,5,7,+0
    Total:22

2. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn Browne I burn for you

Evelyn gets luckier then her partner, cupping her hand over her mouth and stepping out of range as the acrid smell billows out.

(( stamina+ stamina, 2 successes))

Roll(4d10)+0:
    1,5,8,8,+0
    Total:22

3. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

Morrigan: The smoke winds through your nose and lungs, tries to sink into your flesh, but.... it seems to have some difficulty, for some reason.

4. Martin Reed

Martin Reed Seer-Witch of Heart

Martin pokes his head out of the stairwell. "So. You ladies have everything handled...?"

5. Melkiah

Melkiah dwarflover

Morrigan coughs and backs up a bit, trying to bring the smoke out of her lungs.

Evelyn inspects the kid's remains.

6. Martin Reed

"....oh... that ain't good," Martin mutters, walking towards Morrigan. "...should I get Galen over here, see if he can. Er. Patch that up?"

He gives the body a lot of leeway. ".. damn, it had to make a mess in the foy-yer, huh? We do still have mortal folks walking through, and if we have to knock another fifty off of Charlot's rent because he has the worst habit of walking in on things I'm going to bloody flip. What even is this thing?"

He scruffs his hands through his hair. "Is this hazardous material? Can we even touch it?"

7. Desiree Song

Desiree Song New Member

"Get one of the elementals who won't smoke us out to move it, maybe," Desiree murmurs, glancing at Evelyn.

8. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn gives her other's back a few good pat. She rolls her eyes at Martin " I'm not even angry right now, you'll be fine. And get a garbage bag and some gloves first, he'll fit. " She motions towards the body with her chin.

9. Martin Reed

"Well, if you're offering, Evelyn," he drawls, cocking his head.

10. Evelyn Browne

"Sure, get me a garbage bag."

11. Martin Reed

"Yeah,Yeah...." Martin stretches, pulling out his keys and heading into the office, grabbing a garbage bag and eyeing the deflated, rubbery looking corpse. "That's just too weird."

12. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn shrugs " I've seen weirder." She grabs the garbage bag by the corners from inside and pulls it inside out. She puts her hands as far into it as she can, and handmade gloves complete starts pulling the body into the bag. She turns her face away and scrunches up her nose as she works " Still smells though."

13. Morrigan Black

"No kidding." Morrigan croaks out between coughs.

14. Martin Reed

"...uh. so. Ms. Black? You wanna see if the doc can clean you up?" Martin asks carefully, walking over to put a hand on her arm, though he covers his mouth with his sweater.

15. Morrigan Black

Morrigan nods her head, coughing a little less now.

16. Martin Reed

"C'mon, you can sit in mine while I call 'im up, luv," he hums, moving his hand to her waist and offering his other hand, gently guiding her towards the elevator.

17. Morrigan Black

She nods between coughs and follows his lead.

18. Martin Reed

He gently leads her up, guiding her to the fifth floor and into his apartment, gently pushing her towards the couch. "You want... tea or something, while I call?"

19. Morrigan Black

She gives him an accusing look, holding her jaw shut to prevent a few coughs, then continues as before, sprawling on the couch.

20. Evelyn Browne

Evelyn meanwhile finishes shoving the rubbery corpse into the bag and hoists it over her shoulder, while humming 'Knives Out' . " Hold the door for me Desiree?" She asks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice