MY FRIENDS ARE MY SHOWER [Kingdom Hearts]

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Starcrossedsky, Aug 31, 2015.

1. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

emotions

• Agree x 1
  2. PotteryWalrus

PotteryWalrus halfway hideous and halfway sweet

Okay, so now I've had a moment to think rather than react - does that mean that Don't Think Twice isn't the new opening song? All the hype seemed to be leading up to that, and now we've got Face My Fears instead?

Did something like this happen for KH2 and I was too new to everything to remember it? Have there been other hype theme songs backing up Simple and Clean and Sanctuary, and I just didn't notice?

3. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

• Winner x 2
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    SHE
    [​IMG]
    HE

• Agree x 4
  5. PotteryWalrus

It's fine, really, I didn't need my heart,

• Agree x 1
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

i can’t stop being Very Emotional about the confirmation that XION LIVES and is going to play a part

and like

hell yeah hell yeah hELL YEAH HELL! YEAH!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Agree x 1
  7. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

8. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Just realized I hadn't hit up this thread on my quest to make sure everybody in the universe sees this video.

• Witnessed x 2
    • Winner x 1
  9. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

the fact that it's the full version too is what gets me the most. like i could accept hype as fucking opening scene version with donald. but the longer, let's be a slower and more touching thing deal.

Now That

That with Donald. I just don't know how to respond.

10. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

The Japanese is particularly indecipherable but it's hard to sing in a language you don't know even for people who arent currently deepthroating a taser

• Agree x 1
  11. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I legit had no idea what the fuck was happening until I managed to parse out a word or two. It just kind of devolved into gibberish.

12. Enzel

Enzel androgynous jrpg protag

1. That is amazing

2. Idk if someone has mentioned this before but i thought i would since i just got a notification about it: if you play KHUX (the mobile game) you can unlock the Starlight Keyblade for KH3 (its your main/starter Keyblade in the mobile game.)

There's a button on the start menu thats says "x tres" (lol...subtle) that'll take you to an extras menu that includes various things like a fan discussion forum and some old school pocket style minigames. If you rack up a certain amt of points in each of them (score is cumulative, so each time you play it adds to the score) then you get the Keyblade code for KH3. They also just halved the score requirement so its way easier now.

Im not certain bc I've been playing UX for a while but i think you could probably just download the game to do the minigames if you want the code but not Kingdom Hearts Gatcha Hell.

I will say that you can do the whole storyline without paying a cent, they're fairly generous with freebies if youre ok with taking things at a slow pace, and also you can go nuts collecting costumes and accessories for your avatar.

13. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

YO ANYONE MIND IF I LIVEBLOG MY WATCHING A PLAYTHROUGH OF KH3 FEELINGS HERE

a) oh my god having the traditional kh1 opening tuitorial was a+. love the use of all of sora's memories. these graphics makin me die tho, so good, kingdom hearts doesn't deserve to be this crisp

yen sid continues to be brutal and unlikeable. fuck off good guys who aren't the trios. you're all so bad.

aaand in olympus. ngl i love how sora and crew have fought hades so much that they're not even interested in drawing weapons on him until he's being directly threatening. and even then they're like 'lol are you actually trying to be evil again'
    bless how ridiculous their attempts to stretch the basic conflict of hercules out to happen in 4 video games

if anyone needs commentary-less playthrough, i'm watchin this one guy's not amazing at the mechanics but is pickin em up quickly

• Agree x 1
  14. theambernerd

RIKU'S NEW OUTFIT IN THE REALM OF DARKNESS MY HEART BE STILL. GAY ICON OF THE CENTURY hotAWHAT.png

slay me with good boys
    also sora's self doubt is nice. i'm always reminded how i love his little ray of sunshine personality with all that responsibility and doubt just below the surface. such a good boy

love xigbar's nonsense rambling, too. bless the organization and how they always talk three metaphors deep so they make literally no sense. the best.

eta: KAIRI AND LEA TRAINING TOGETHER?!?! PLZ GIVE ME FOOTAGE OF THIS BEAUTIFUL GINGER TRAINING CAMP

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  15. PotteryWalrus

I'M WATCHING THE SAME PLAYTHOUGH AND IM HAVING TOO MANY EMOTIONS

• Agree x 1
  16. theambernerd

I've switched to cutscene movie for the time being because i do not have time for full gameplay atm (one of the latest videos on the same channel btw if others want it) but yes, the emotions are real so much FEEL.

i'm still sorta in shock that kh3 exists tho tbh. it is not sinking in that i'm potentially going to get a proper conclusion to a kh game.. i mean. after i get through this 10 1/2 hour video of cutscenes. but still.

i love all the monologuing norts so much. so many silver haired scenery chewers, it's beautiful

• Agree x 3
  17. PotteryWalrus

Things I liked so far (I'm close to the end but not quite there yet)

I'd kinda forgotten how goddamn funny this game could be, to wit -

"Aqua... She's like Sora."
    "WHAT???!!" (Same Riku, same.)

"Aww yeah, it's Demyx Time!" (WHAT THE FUCK. Somewhere in the UK, a group of former cosplayers shuddered collectively. XDD)

Sully just. Yeeting Vanitas through multiple doors. I cry-laughed, maybe because I was so scared up to that point. (I like the new snarl in his voice, if it wasn't always there. My perfect feral trash child.)

Sora's habit of assuming that yep, we exchanged names and you haven't tried to kill me yet, we're friends now. Most egregiously with Chirithy??? SORA, NO. HE HAS A JOB.

EVERYONE'S BACK, EVERYONE'S FINE (mostly) :D I WAS ACTUALLY POUNDING THE FUCKING FLOOR AND SCREAMING WHEN XION AND ROXAS CAME BACK. CALL ANOTHER HEART TO THEE :D

I was like, actually bawling when everyone got KO'D??? Darkness prevailed, and light expired alright. But it only takes a single spark to light a lamp, and it only takes a single candle to hold back the dark.

(Who else was slightly impressed that Sora understood the word 'conceptually'??)

Another big cry moment was Ienzo apologising to Ansem the Wise. Also!!! He smiled and laughed while talking to Sora!!! That is so fucking weird for me - he was so solemn as a little kid and so intent as Zexion, I didn't think he had like real, clean amusement in him - but I am so fucking glad my precious emo child is in a good place now.

The deaths of the Organization people have been all big cry moments as well - Repliku and Saïx especially. I'm glad that latter and Lea got to talk on the eve of battle, as well - I've always have some deep-ass feels for those two, because I'm a sucker for that 'friends that grew apart into foes' angst right there. Then he went and died in his arms! Nomura is really hitting all the best spots with this game.

It really does feel like the end of this story. I just hope the last section keeps up the satisfactions.

• Winner x 3
  18. Xavius

Xavius Suit Monkey

sully's been studying at hogwarts between games

YEETUS VANITAS

• Agree x 2
  19. theambernerd

Guhhh. I love you kingdom hearts, but god is it hard to get through the 'watch the plot of Frozen but not animated as well and with some weird OCs inserted in and abridged' parts
    it's like watching self-insert fanfiction. but with more of donald's awful voice

• Agree x 2
  20. theambernerd

Holy SHIT DEMYX GOT BENCHED FROM ORG 2.0 THAT’S BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE MY DUMB LOVELY DARLING

• Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice