My Mom just tried to commit suicide, what do I do?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by emythos, May 23, 2015.

1. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

MA, the one with the rock and the mayflower. There's probably a Plymouth in England.

2. wes scripserat

wes scripserat Hephaestus

Well slightly closer but still *hugs and virtual tea*

3. emythos

:hugs and virtual tea accepted:
    Do we have a tea thread? I feel like we should, cause tea is good.

• Like x 1
  4. Missfortunate

Missfortunate Emotional one

Wow holy shit Em I didnt expect that at all, is your Father around still? as for what to do keeping yourself busy is definetly not a bad thing remember what i suggested yesterday abiut relaxation methods? That applies here too cos freaking out would definetly be a bad thing. Just take this one slow and everything should turn out okay in the end, i promise you this iant your fault loveli you cant controll her brainweird but you can be there for her,just try not to overload yourself or youl burn out and thats undesireable in light of this. Be strong em <3 *hugs tight*

5. emythos

Yeah, dad's home. I'm doing every single chore I've been needing to do, and also will be going out grocery shopping, and also making weird rice dessert.
    Also <3

6. Beldaran

Beldaran 70% abuse and 30% ramen

DUDE. YOU ARE NEAR ME. Sooo... I can assure you that your local hospitals in fact do have out patient programs, and support groups taking new clients and whatnot. If your family is willing to go into Boston there are even more options. I hope things settle down for you and your family soon, and I'm glad you're in an area with resources. If you want help finding stuff PM me and I'll see what I can do.

• Like x 1
  7. Missfortunate

What lind of weird rice desert?

8. emythos

Wait, seriously? That is great to know, thank you. It's weird to realize I'm nearby people on the interwebz XD
    Thank you for telling me this. I feel kinda stupid cause I'm not totally sure what I should be looking up.
    It's on the cooking thread. It's like milk and coconut milk and sugar and cinimon and rice all together.

9. Missfortunate

Ohhhh I know what your talkin about. Also it is pretty weird to realise online people are close heh

• Like x 1
  10. emythos

I know, right?

• Like x 2
  11. Aya

Aya words words words

You might be able to get your mom in to see her therapist sooner if you explain that this is a crisis situation. People cancel appointments and you might be able to get a space that way. And some therapists will come in when they normally do not for crisis situations.

You should absolutely try to get a professional involved as soon as you can. If you can't talk her into going to the hospital, then seeing her therapist or any other psych professional ASAP is the next best thing.

Remember to take care of yourself and to put your own needs first. You are not responsible for your mother's actions. You are choosing to help her. And you will be a lot better at it if you are healthy and safe.

• Like x 1
  12. emythos

My dad was trying to talk her into moving her appointment sooner.
    I'm trying to remember that, thank you :)

13. Missfortunate

Okay so im not really sure exactly what to say about this but @emythos mother just pulled her out of bed, theyr driving somewhere and theyr mother wont say where, through some dialogue that em described as "code" she discerned that the destination Might be an aunts house. This is highly unusual and em asked me to post up here about it just in case anything happens, needless to say Im officialy up all night on this one and given that ems mother has been acting a bit strange This worries me

14. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Wow that sounds hells of unsafe? I would not get in a car a suicidal person was driving for any amount of love or money jfc. Where's em's dad? Can you talk to the aunt?

• Like x 1
  15. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Holy shit D:
    Yeah I'd be very cautious atm, be safe @emythos

16. Missfortunate

Im still in touch with @emythos and things are weird but still ok

17. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Sending vibes of safety and peace in that direction. Keep us updated. *worried face*

• Like x 1
  18. Lissiel

Lissiel Dreaming dead

Please keep us updated. I hope em and her mom turn out ok. /worryface

19. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

well fuck i hope all turns out well :<

20. Missfortunate

I hope so too everyone, they are still on the road and traveling through the boston area, should know more soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice