My shop is up!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by ChelG, Jul 11, 2017.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

may I ask why not? Most florists allow you to order stuff at leat around here (I'm in Germany) and some of your other scents have non-perishable ingredients that would make good stand-bys for product photography anyways?
    Idk man I'm just trying to help out and I used to help my mom with her internet shop when she still had that going. Product Presentation was always a big part of that and she sold clothes which was infinitely easier to get people interested in via photography than scents are.

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Flowers are expensive, and I don't have a good place to set up photos.

3. IvyLB

fair. It may be a consideration for the future though.

4. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Got my samples today. The sculpture was first to get a wear test, it smells like fireballs and something sinister. I'm pleased.

I'll get to giving the store a review once I have tried on the others.

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

The sculpture is my favorite scent so far.

6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm very proud of that one. Took me forever to get the musk right; I used too much civet the first few goes-round. Think I got a nice impression of the inspiration.

• Like x 1
  7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the procedure for getting permission to make Homestuck merch is? I'd love to make a set of layerable classpect blends.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. IvyLB

I believe there's a contact form somewhere on the whatpumpkin page maybe???

9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Listing on eBay too now.

• Like x 2
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I think I need to pick up more indie stuffs to interact properly on /r/ IMAM, but I'm poor. Hm.

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Flowers are expensive but I could buy some cheap coloured fabrics for better backdrops and possibly some artificial flowers?

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  12. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Bought some cloth and props. Hope it pays off.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Changing up keywords with help from EtsyRank.

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Buyer hasn't told me which samples she wants and won't reply when I message her. Guess she's getting a random assortment. Should I wait another day or so for a response before picking them? She only ordered on Friday.

15. IvyLB

I'd probably wait another day

• Agree x 1
  16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

And send a message telling her that since she didn't specify to you, that you would send her a random assortment of five scents. That way you have a written record on etsy.

[Edit:] And maybe add something to the item description stating that if you aren't told what scents people want, you'll send them a random assortment.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. Bunny

Bunny aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I am doing a big babysitting and nice review wording for Etsy isn't gonna happen yet but the basic rundown for sugi is:

The sculpture: cinnamon and evil. It's my favorite and it is coming on this trip with me for regular wear.

Cola bottles: starts off a bit more spicy but smells very cola. My second favourite. I sniffed myself a lot and was pleased.

Cassy: very chocolate and caramel, other smells were less pronounced. I smelled delicious. My dogs thought I smelled delicious. I was licked. I am not sure what I am going to do with Cassy but it met expectations for smelling tasty.

Sleep well: Very pleasant light flower smells! I am more likely to use it as a regular perfume than a sleep aid but I really like it and plan on making proper use of my sample.

No more monsters: Deep and dark and I liked the overall smell of it. Alas mint is a hit or miss smell for me and in this case it was not for me. Personally took away from the drowsy effect. A shame cause elsewise I really liked it.

• Useful x 2
    • Informative x 1
  18. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

re: exposure, instagram can be suuuuuper useful to get stuff out there, basically just spam relevant hashtags. another thing that ive seen people do is go into relevant hashtags (for example, my brother runs a hockey account, so he goes to #hockey) and spam-follows a bunch of related accounts & people who follow related accounts. this way, people get a notification that you've followed them and if your username/icon is intriguing they'll often check out your account, follow it back, check out your store...

you can either keep them followed or unfollow after a certain period of time, idk how that works tbh but that's the gist of it

• Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help! Messing about with keywords right now, EtsyRank is amazingly useful. Wouldn't have thought that using "for him" instead of "masculine" made something like a difference of four hundred in average number of faves, but apparently 'tis so. Possibly because it's easier to type quickly.

• Winner x 1
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Got my listings on EtsyRank up from E to B, just need better photos. Some of my props arrived but not all of them, need to wait a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice