My shop is up!

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by ChelG, Jul 11, 2017.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Dropped my bottle prices to £10, since they weren't selling at £15. See if that helps.

2. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Had a couple buys of big bottles. Guess people's samples were running out.

Putting the stuff on Folksy as well as Etsy, seeing if that gets more buys.

• Like x 1
  3. Pumpkageist

Pumpkageist Warning: I Shitpost

That's a good thing, right? People enjoying the samples enough to buy full sized? ... Full-sized bottles of Hajidere when? :p (/jk)

• Like x 1
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yep! Just hoping more sell. I can't only sell samples forever... And when I've got enough money to get it assessed for skin safety.

5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Finally figured out how to work Instagram! Going nuts with tags and hoping it gets noticed.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  6. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

If anyone reading this thread has Instagram, plugs of the products on there would be super massively helpful.

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thinking, and I'm still not in love with the business name. I don't think it's too late to change it but I don't know what to. It just feels very obviously second-choice to me, but I can't use my first choice because stupid restrictions. I kind of want to name it with a really archaic swear and see if that gets past the bullshit red tape.

• Witnessed x 1
  8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Making wax melts again, once the stuff arrives! Doubles my stock overnight without having to faff about with the assessments.

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Going to find some synthetic/ethical mica and biodegradable glitter to add a bit of zing to the wax. It's safe to use them in wax melts but not in candles - in the melts they're not exposed directly to the flame. And now you know!

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  10. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Getting plenty of views but they're not turning into sales, so I think I need an image revamp. Bit of help to figure out what I need to focus on would be appreciated. A lovely Redditor has redesigned my label layout for free, so I'll be messing with that once I get a decent art program again.

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I need help with the renaming. The current name is too witchy when I'm going for geeky. I need something short, snappy, modern, and easy to spell.

12. rigorist

rigorist On the beach

*drops out of lurk mode*

How about "Packet Scents" for a name? Or something using the word "Packet". It's a nice, snappy word and all the geek kids who do the InterWebs know the word "packet".

Keep the graphic part of your logo. It looks kind of science-y. Just change the name.

Your photos are busy and hard to interpret. I suggest choosing one main image for the scent and then adding some smaller images to make it a bit more unique. Crop and trim the smaller additional images so they aren't just blocks.

Use your logo on the pictures and on your packaging.

• Like x 1
  13. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

I am super down to plug stuff on Instagram, although I don't have a ton of followers yet haha
    I'm bad at picking out scents, can I ask for a recommendation? I'm thinking about The Sculpture but in general I like earthy or spicy scents and nothing excessively floral, is that a good choice? (I am also a dirty hippie and love the smell of patchouli)

14. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

@prismaticvoid Yes, I would definitely recommend The Sculpture! It's definitely spicy, it's heavy on cinnamon, and I wouldn't really call the musk earthy but it's somewhere between leather and wet stone, so that might work for you. If you like patchouli, No More Monsters has a lot, though it also has a big splash of mint so be sure you like that as well. One Groovy Room has some patch in it but it's mostly fruity.

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thinking I'm gonna go soft grunge for the remake.

• Like x 2
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm having a big problem. I can't do the revamp until I have money coming in to buy new packaging, but no one will buy anything until I revamp it. Clearance sales won't work if people didn't want to buy the product to begin with. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Help? Ways to get people to pay me for other things? I've offered fanfic commissions several times before and no one even looked at the posts.

17. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Huh, i increased my patreon donation. I can't justify buying a scent i won't use, but I hope that helps.

18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, that'll help - it's set to only donate when I release a new thing, so I'd better get to that.

19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I was gonna wait until closer to the day to get my mom a mothers day present, but I guess I'll go ahead and do it now. I'm probably gonna get a sampler set with several scents and I already have my eye on a couple, but would you recommend anything for someone who likes lavender/floral and citrus scents?

20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Panacea's got lavender and citrus in, but it's a bit medicinal. One Groovy Room is orange - does she like Lush's Karma? Yamato Nadeshiko's my most popular scent, and it's green tea with lemon blossom and rose. Beautiful Babies isn't available in big bottles yet but it has a lot of lavender and orange blossom, if she's okay with powdery scents.

It would help a LOT if people could spread the word about these.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice