Nailpolish Gallery

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Fall time is SPARKLE time.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
  3. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

My Holo Taco order just got here and I am OBSESSED tbh
    0DCB3374-911D-4843-8632-F187AC6F087B.jpeg D47D3CAB-02EC-4DA3-83BB-6B505DDC6982.jpeg

• Winner x 4
  4. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

unsure if this is the best place to ask but does anyone have a preferred top coat? i have essie’s “no chips ahead” but it will quite literally still be tacky 12 hours after application and i’m dying because painting my nails already can take like two days if i need multiple coats because of how humid it is here

• Like x 1
  5. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

I’m partial to Seche Vite because I’m extremely impatient, but I wouldn’t recommend it without Seche Restore because it’s so volatile you will need to refresh it or it will become too thick to use well. Seche Restore can be used to fix dried up polishes as well though, so it’s useful for multiple things.

Seche Vite gives you an extremely shiny effect even if the polish was matte, which may or may not be to your tastes. A lot of people appreciate it for the depth it gives to the color. It’s not as resistant to damage as slower drying options, but better than no topcoat. It can cause some shrinkage of paint along the tip of the nail, where it leaves the very tiniest sliver of bare nail, but whomst is actually gonna even notice that? And it may or may not be available in the state of California in its general formulation or possibly at all, I’m unsure.

• Like x 1
  6. Lizardlicks

Dollar store special

[​IMG]

• Winner x 5
  7. artistformerlyknownasdave

i got a new top coat! seche vite scared me and i'm cheap so i got essie's "good to go" instead of "no chips ahead"
    i tried them both out as a direct comparison, just one thin layer of each directly on the nail to see how they held up. good to go dried very quickly but no chips ahead was tacky even a couple hours application, so definitely not recommending people get that one.

i tried it out again today and actually painted my nails, and i'm very pleased with it so far! this is ORLY's bonder base coat, two coats of ILNP's birefringence, and finished with essie's good to go. normally it takes me two full days to finish my nails in order for everything to dry in time and i was able to do this a few hours before bed without it getting messed up, which hasn't been something i could do for a long while. i thought it was just me but no! it was the top coat!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

this is the color range; it goes fully to orange in just the right light but it doesn't photograph well

• Winner x 3
  8. Acey

793F22CA-DC40-43A0-92E0-96A3CFF96574.jpeg
    Lesbian nails for Pride!

• Winner x 4
  9. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

happy pride yall
    20210608_210726.jpg 20210608_202354.jpg

• Winner x 7
  10. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Does anyone like the severely chipped nail polish look? I dunno, I really like it; like, having the top of the nail and a bit lower just having a bit on but the rest is chipped away

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  11. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Circuit breaker by Holo Taco! Just arrived today.
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 5
  12. Lizardlicks

God I love a good holo

• Agree x 5
  13. Acey

Ohhhh I am DEFINITELY getting that in my next Holo Taco order *_*

• Winner x 1
  14. Acey

Super happy with this look! Essie B’aha Moment! with Holo Taco Lunar Unicorn Skin on top.
    CC3B7E00-CBD7-40F7-A6F9-9C53A23752D6.jpeg

• Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

desperately trying to level up my nail skills/grow my nails out before i get to embalming labs and have to cut them short
    [​IMG]
    this is one coat of essie's "mosaic on down" overtop three coats of spellbound nail's "hearthstone"
    i found mosaic on down at a discount shop and expected it to be much less opaque than it is, so next time i'll just use it by itself
    spellbound nail's formula seems much faster drying and less opaque than i expected, so next time i'll leave more polish on the brush and i think i can get it in two coats if i do that. other than that i'm really proud of these!!

• Winner x 3
  16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

upload_2021-12-24_11-32-54.png
    Genderqueer glitter for Christmas!

• Winner x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice