Nailpolish Gallery

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

All the pretty nails! Too bad I can't have pretty nails in hospital :(

2. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

note to self: take pictures of stash, make multiple posts to thread C:

3. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wish I could figure out how to get bubbles outta topcoat. It doesn´t seem to matter how carefully I don´t shake it...

• Like x 2
  4. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Wow, those are really cool.

And I have no idea how to get the bubbles out, but they sorta look neat and almost-intentional in this case.

5. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

My mother bought me some nail varnish this weekend so I did a Thing with it.

[​IMG]

• Like x 9
  6. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

My favorite polish color. It's like the blood of my enemies only with glitter in!
    image1.JPG

• Like x 2
  7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Green adventures for a green month! Revlon Colorstay "Jungle," with Maybelline "Diamond in the Rough" sparkles overtop. The sparkles are actually kind of coppery IRL, which is not at all what they looked like in the bottle but is really cool against the dark green.
    jg 1.jpg

• Like x 2
  8. seebs

[​IMG]

Someone posted this (probably on pintrest maybe?)

• Like x 4
  9. seebs

IMG_0285.png

So I'm still doing stuff, this is what I have currently. I just got a bunch of pics imported, except that Apple changed things and for no obvious reason I can't use aperture for imports now, and Photos is sort of crap.

• Like x 5
  10. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

WIN_20150520_225247.JPG
    Spent my afternoon painting a braid pattern on my nails

• Like x 2
  11. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

this makes me really happy :3

• Like x 1
  12. sicknastyspades

I have a bunch of stuff to post here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top row: OPI My Dogsled is a Hybrid, OPI Thanks a Windmillion, OPI Stranger Tides
    Second row: ILNP Open Fields, A England Beauty Never Fails, A England Dragon, A England Fotheringhay Castle, A England Tess of the D'Ubervilles, Dance Legend Anna Gorelova Frog Princess, Dance Legend Anna Gorelova Bereginya, Barry M Aquarium Arabian, Barry M Gelly Cardamom, Essie Navigate Her
    Third row: Revlon Posh, Butter London Sozzled, Butter London British Racing Green, Nails Inc Bruton Mews, Nails Inc Queen Street, Nails Inc Wild Street, Nails Inc Willow Place, CND Vinylux Wild Moss
    Bottom row: Gosh Apple Bloom, Maybelline Colour Show Pow Green, Maybelline Colour Show Green With Envy, Maybelline Colour Show Moss, Models Own Grace Green, Rimmel Rita Ora Roll in the Grass, KBShimmer Honeydew List, Maybelline Lime Me Up

• Like x 7
  13. sicknastyspades

Utena nails? Utena nails.
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  14. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

[​IMG]

did this during gaming tonight: mint chocolate chip!

• Like x 4
  15. Savriti

Savriti Professional Lurker

Excuse my rough and gross fingers.

[​IMG]

I have a need to add a black splatter coat to everything I swear.

• Like x 2
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

It makes your nails look like some kind of dragon eggshell

• Like x 1
  17. sicknastyspades

I'm spinning around and around in my chair because I want to talk to people about nail polish but I can only talk at people about nail polish because no1curr.

[​IMG]
    I bet magical girls wear this sort of nail polish.

Then today's nails:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Does it bother anyone else that the senshi don't appear in planet order? Fuckdammit Venus stop ruining everything for everyone.
    [​IMG]
    Wonky-as-shit photo because how the hell do I operate a camera with my left hand. What do?? It never occurred to me that this would be a useful life skill.
    A England Dragon + ILNP Success + Essie Matte About You = perfect lizardmonster nails. I need to remember this combo.

Haha I just realised that my right hand looks so awful compared to the left. It's been bearing the brunt of my bitey-bitey habits, I need the left to look pretty for nail art purposes.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    • Like x 7
  18. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

[​IMG]

this was a couple days ago and it's all peeled off by now (idk why but nailpolish doesn't last longer than like, two days on me) but it was super pretty while it lasted~ mint green + rose gold is like, the best combo.

• Like x 2
  19. sicknastyspades

Ooh, turns out that if you layer ILNP flakies over the matching multichrome you get a hellacious effect! My mother said it looked "like dragon scales or something"; my brother said I have "scary scary nails, quite terrifying in fact".
    [​IMG]
    'pologies for the picture, I don't have the semi-decent camera with me and had to rely on the tablet camera.

@alchemicalheart The only nail polishes I've ever had bubbles with have been a couple of really cheap ones and the Sally Hansen stuff, so it might be an issue with the brand you're using?
    The only advice I can think of is to try using super thin coats, thick coats tend to be more likely to bubble. Oh, and don't shake the bottles (if you've been shaking them) or try shaking the bottles (if you haven't).

• Like x 4
  20. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

[​IMG]
    Robin's egg nails! Bit chipped, but eh.

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice