Nailpolish Gallery

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. blue

blue hightown funk you up

aaaaa @sicknastyspades those are all so GORGEOUS. are you using a stamping plate?

2. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

@bluefox Thank you! I used stamping plates for some of them. The dinosaur/fossil ones I did last weekend were two pictures from the same plate, and the gradient on my right hand this weekend is from another plate.
    I really love stamping plates. So great for elaborate detailed nails which only take five minutes! And they let me make my right hand look pretty, which is a bonus.

3. Choco

Choco Duke of the Weepy Marshmallow Brigade

i was trying to do mtg themed nails for the pre-release this weekend but none of my ideas worked out :/
    on the plus side tho, matte top coat + glitter = super duper A+ cool
    [​IMG]

• Like x 5
  4. sicknastyspades

@Choco ooh, those look rad!

• Like x 1
  5. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

woops I forgot this was the thread more designed for collecting pictures. Anyway!

• Like x 1
  6. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oops, i didn't remember there were two threads either :p

• Like x 1
  7. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

C360_2016-02-06-00-10-56-279.jpg

My nails match my mug

C360_2016-02-06-00-18-46-419.jpg

Ps thanks @Imoyram and @Inksalt

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    • Like x 5
  8. sicknastyspades

@Ducks Ooh, those are so cool! I can't manage to paint the half-moon curves no matter how hard I try, so I'm kind of in awe of anyone who can. Is there some trick to making it suddenly easy or are you just a wizard??

(I used to have one of those mugs! Until my family wrecked it because we don't understand the concept of "things which do not go in the dishwasher". Look, I don't have patience for fussy-baby mugs, they go in the dishwasher until their picture gets scraped off and then they hold my painting water as punishment for their weakness. It's a harsh regime but the mugs which remain are strong in body and spirit.
    ...kind of got off-track but that was me trying to warn you that if you care about how your mugs look that one is probably handwash-only. You might know that already, I don't know.)

• Like x 1
  9. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

@sicknastyspades I assumed moons were like, overlapped dots. Thats how my sister does hers. dot a white circle, let dry, dot the same colour as the backgrond, slightly to the side, so it makes the moon curve. (if that made no sense ill try and draw a diagram)

10. Ducks

Yeah, it was big dot smaller dot smallest dot. Like painting the earth's shadow on the moon :3

• Like x 1
  11. sicknastyspades

Ah no, thank you for telling me that but I didn't mean the crescent moons! (I worked out how you did those, they look pretty simple to do but also really neat and I want to try them next time I have time to do something fancy.) I was talking about the darker purple half-moon curves at the base of the nail, the part which is a lighter colour on an unpainted nail. I've seen some really lovely manicures done based around it, but I can't paint it decently no matter what I try.

12. Ducks

Ohhhh. Well I paint the dark/base colour first and if I'm not feeling lazy I'll grab some manicure tape to make the line clean and paint the top colour. I just hand painted it this time

13. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

As I continue to be a dirty Homestuck, have some Karkat nails.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like x 8
  14. Ducks

Snapchat-6022853306063668810.jpg

I love Emily De mollies edm04 plate.

• Like x 4
  15. sicknastyspades

I haven't been taking pictures of my nail art recently. TIME TO REMEDY THAT BY SHARING THE NAIL ARTS I'VE WORN SO FAR THIS WEEK

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These were... either Polish My Life Birthday Suit or Zoya Purity I forget which gradient stamped with MoYou London Doodles 03 stamping plate, Maybelline Winner Takes It All, and (from left to right) Hit the Bottle Rusty Nail, Hit the Bottle Copper-Haired Girl, Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Hit the Bottle I Wish I Was a Mermaid, Hit the Bottle Blue-tiful

Between that one and the next set I wore frog-tipped nails again but I didn't bother to photograph those because I've shared that manicure in this thread multiple times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These were a gradient of Il Était un Vernis #hellosunshine and Il Était Un Vernis La Paulée (for the left hand) or Il Était Un Vernis Pinot Noir (for the right hand) with KBShimmer Dust in the Bottle over the top, stamped with MoYou London Doodles 03 (again) and Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    God I love this manicure so much. It's so beautiful to me. And completely co-incidentally the first time I wore it I was reading the Forever War and realised it was the perfect book/polish combo, so I had to dig the book out again to show them off together.

[​IMG]
    Could not get a good photo of this one for love nor money. piCture pOlish Eerie topped with ILNP My Private Rainbow (X), gradient stamped with Pet-la KoyDoodlez, Zoya Purity, and Hit the Bottle Chromeo.

[​IMG]
    Computer matrix aesthetic nails: Polish My Life Commando stamped using Pet'la KoyDoodlez and A England Dragon. I am the cyberpunk """hacker""", it is me.

• Like x 7
  16. sicknastyspades

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    White/pastel gradient with white stamping and matte topcoat.
    [​IMG]
    I pick the everloving motherfuck out of them.

[​IMG]
    Gradient of Zoya Purity, piCture pOlish Eerie, and Il Était Un Vernis #ladykiller.

• Like x 2
  17. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i bought some pretty nailpolish for myself over the weekend, it's like. . . a toned-down mint type color? medium teal-ish?

anyways, i was putting it on yesterday and noticed the name of the color
    is

"my dogsled is a hybrid"

which is fucking hilarious

• Like x 1
  18. sicknastyspades

@rats I have that colour! It was the first decent/non-cheap-drugstore-brand nail polish I bought, so it has a special place in my kokoro.

• Like x 1
  19. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

Did this this morning, the sparkles are a rainbow of colors in the light 20160630_210143379_iOS.jpg

Gonna attempt a sponge gradient on my toes, we'll see how that goes

20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Everyone's nails are so pretty! (Inspires me to attempt to leave mine alone so I can paint them up nice someday.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice