Nailpolish Gallery

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

[​IMG]

indigo-violet base with green glitter topcoat = dark fairytale possibly evil queen aesthetic = yeeeesssssss

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

20160703_152838048_iOS.jpg 20160703_153119030_iOS.jpg

• Like x 3
  3. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I couldn't find a nail art thread so I'm making this one.

It's been forever since I've had anything close toa nail polish collection, and I've never had the good stuff (my mom would only allow us wet n' wild shit from the dollar store) so I'm basically starting over from scratch. I found my perfect metallic teal color that I had been looking for for months, but I wanted something else to go with it, and today I got a clear polish with black and gold flecks.

Sorry for the terrible blurry pics, good camera will hopefully pick it up better but webcam and phone are all i got rn.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sally Hansen miracle gel Combustealble and xtreme wear Bold Gold plus clear top coat.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    • Like x 1
  4. Lizardlicks

5. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

ahhhh i didn't know this thread existed! here, have a big dump of pictures from my nail art tag on tumblr. you'll notice i like doing sponge gradients.
    tumblr_mp2pgnCJEV1r2a3ovo4_500.jpg tumblr_mp2pgnCJEV1r2a3ovo3_500.jpg tumblr_mp2pgnCJEV1r2a3ovo2_500.jpg tumblr_mp2pgnCJEV1r2a3ovo1_500.jpg tumblr_mtt336b4aJ1r2a3ovo3_1280.jpg tumblr_n2stn4mc1b1r2a3ovo2_1280.jpg tumblr_n7fo6sRyXP1r2a3ovo1_500.jpg tumblr_o7hcupaKBQ1r2a3ovo1_1280.jpg tumblr_o85hjfMPzq1r2a3ovo1_1280.jpg tumblr_o8d75s10NF1r2a3ovo1_1280.jpg

• Like x 5
  6. hyrax

aaaaaaand two more because there's a limit to 10 images per post!
    tumblr_o9lcm4GoVW1r2a3ovo1_1280.jpg tumblr_o8q65neazN1r2a3ovo1_1280.jpg
    ^ this last one is Revlon's "Holographic Pearls." i may or may not have been influenced by Steven Universe to buy it.

• Like x 4
  7. Lizardlicks

• Like x 4
  8. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

• Like x 1
  9. hyrax

posting just 'cause i like this color combo:
    IMG_3975.JPG

Sally Hansen, Dark Hue-Moor, and China Glaze, Tart-y For The Party. both only took 1 coat!

• Like x 1
  10. Lizardlicks

Better pic of the nails I had previously, yay!

[​IMG]

Aaaand here's a blurry pic of the current nails which are goin' bye-bye next week:

[​IMG]

I tried salvaging this hideous old lady color that... I have no idea where it even came from, it's not a color or style I would ever buy and I don't recall anyone giving it to me... with a faux french tip using some sally hansen grape shifter.
    The result is: :excalibur: The grape shifter looks awesome as always and I'm going to try this again on a different base color, but I don't think this wet n wild stuff can be saved.

• Like x 1
  11. hyrax

THIS IS HALLOWEEN THIS IS HALLOWEEN
    IMG_4003.JPG
    Milani Fierce Foil "Milan" with a cheap black crackle on top!

• Like x 3
  12. Lizardlicks

Yaaaay I GOT MY FUCKING AWESOME OUT OF PRODUCTION POLISH FINALLY!

And the end result is exactly what I was going for. The pics do not do justice to the color shift going on here, this polish goes from reddish copper, to orange, to gold, to green. It's amazing. Also, my first time stamping and I think I did a damn good job!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: base color on the main nails is Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Amber Ruby 08 (line is out of production, so be prepared to have to do a lot of hunting to find anything not ridiculously priced) black leaf pattern and accent nail base is OPI Black Onyx with did a great job going on in one coat for me (I have heard some people have trouble with this from this product so idk.) Gold leaf stamp on the accent nail is B.M.C. gold stamping polish and I also have the B.M.C calcium enriched base coat and quick dry glossy top coat. It's been pretty hard wearing for me I'm into my second week on this mani and haven't had a chip yet. could be shinier tho.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    • Like x 3
  13. Ducks

Ducks 79 Plural Fowl Illuminates The Legendary

Finally did my nails again after painting a base coat from my bf's polish collection and letting it chip instead of stamping and sealing it.

IMG_20161009_070929.jpg

• Like x 4
  14. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

bweeeee my halloween nails! this is two coats of ORLY's R.I.P.

[​IMG]

• Like x 4
  15. Lizardlicks

Pics are not doing this mani justice. I did try for a halloween nail twice but it failed, so there's no good pics. Instead I went back to my favorite polish currently in my collection and fucked around with the new holo glitter i got from my MIL.

[​IMG]

Sally hansen miracle gel combustealble and kleancolor 94 holo chrome applied over top in a gradient.

• Like x 2
  16. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

@Lizardlicks if that's the Kleancolor blue holo I have it too! Have yet to try sponging it on so currently it's more trouble than it's worth mostly but it's so pretty ahh
    No photos because lazy and tired but the color I have on right now is a really pretty red-yellow duochrome called Surreal Sunset that's pretty similar to the one you used a few posts earlier :D
    Edit: image courtesy of google and someone with better nails!
    upload_2016-11-3_22-49-54.png

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  17. Lizardlicks

It's this one!
    [​IMG]
    Just says 94 Holo Chrome on the bottle and doesn't appear especially blue. Very silvery with a nice speckle of holo rainbow when applied.

• Like x 1
  18. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Ohh, gotcha! Mine is 135 Holo Blue, the photo made yours look bluer than it actually is, haha. Can't complain about the quality tho, got it at Daiso for a buck fifty.

19. Lizardlicks

probably the Sally Hansen giving it the blue look. it's still my fav color currently.

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  20. Lizardlicks

I want a nice metalic red to go with it but it doesn't look like there is a good one in that particular line.

I'm looking at OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress currently but idk if it's maybe too dark??? Having a hard time comparing it to An Affair In Red Square.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice