Nailpolish Gallery

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

My coworker wears I'm Not Really A Waitress.

We are waitresses.

• Like x 4
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

I love OPI names so much, and I'm Not Really A Waitress is an exceedingly excellent name.

3. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

I thiiiiiink I like an Affair in Red just a bit better for my purposes but they're both great.

Also agreed on OPI names. I absolutely need My Gecko Does Tricks and Just Spotted the Lizard :P

Lord, I also need more cremes to do actual nail art with but I'm sucha sucker for metalic, chrome and holo.

• Like x 1
  4. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

did my nails again, i really like them :DD (other hand is 3 blue, 2 purble, while this one is 2 blue, 3 purble)

IMG_0481.JPG

• Like x 3
  5. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

Jesus H Christ, y'all. Between black friday sales and clearance racks, I got 9 bottles of OPI for $20. 6 of them are mini bottles, but still, holy shit.

• Like x 4
  6. Sethrial MacCoill

Where can I buy nail stamping stuff? I ordered some things from wish but it's going to take them a month to get here, at least.

7. Lizardlicks

I've never seen it in stores, you just have to get lucky for your area I guess.

8. Sethrial MacCoill

I'm going to try a couple places tomorrow. Will report back with news!

9. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

i did my holiday manicure last night! a sponge gradient of Essie "Go With The Flowy" and Essie "Blue Rhapsody."

IMG_4224.JPG

it's a little hard to tell in that photo, but Go With The Flowy is a VERY sparkly shimmery white!

• Like x 2
  10. Sethrial MacCoill

image.jpg
    This took two hours.

• Like x 5
  11. Sethrial MacCoill

let's go on a journey, kintsugi. let's go on a fucking journey.
    It starts with me getting interested in nail stamping and ordering some cheap stuff off of wish. I like wish. They have decent quality and are hella cheap, and i can live with my stuff taking a month or two to get here. Except apparently I couldn't, because I also decided to go on amazon and order a second set of nail stamping stuff that would hopefully get here sooner. That was early december, maybe the 7th, something around then.
    Fast forward to december 23th when i open my mailbox and find "WOW! THE WISH STUFF IS ALREADY HERE!" I get it inside, super stoked to get to play with it, open it up, yay stamping plate! open the second box and find a wax stamp. like one of those stamps you use on sealing wax with letters. It's a W. I don't have a W anywhere in any of my names.
    Okay, massive disappointment. Boo. They sent me the wrong thing and now I have to wait for amazon, which is going to arrive on january 5th, at the earliest. At least I got a cool stamping plate. I can wait. I feel a tiny melancholy every time I see the plate and the wrong stamper, but I'll live
    Then today I finally got sick of my nails being raggedy-ass, worn down, long, flaking, and ugly, and gave them a nice trim and polish (see above). Spent two hours on it. I enjoyed it, but it was still a long time to spend doing my nails. When they're done and everything is dry and lovely I decide to go check my mail again.
    Guess what I found?
    Not just the stamper I ordered, but an extra clear one thrown in for kicks! That's right, I now have two nail stampers that I can't use for at least a week or I'll feel like I wasted this manicure. If I hadn't spent two fucking hours on it, I would already be grabbing the nail polish remover. That's how excited I am to try this out.
    Now for the fun part. That amazon order? It's currently shipping. I have another stamping plate and a third stamper on the way, right now. It's going to be here in a few days, and then I'll have three stampers, with which to finally, finally, put pretty designs on my nails, once this manicure has lived out its life, after nearly a month of waiting and disappointment.

tldr: I tried to get nail stamping stuff, had to wait a month, and did my nails really pretty less than an hour before my stamper arrived in my mailbox.

• Like x 1
  12. Lizardlicks

HEHEHE pick a tiny design and a light polish and stamp it in the triangle on the middle nail for an accent 0u0

13. Sethrial MacCoill

image.jpg

I like nail stamping

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    • Like x 8
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

My new meds make my already shaky hands even shakier but i attempted a cute spring themed bee and flower design to get me out of the dumps about the weather

20170107_000013.jpg

• Like x 6
  15. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

i need to get back into doing my nails at some point, trying to brute-force my scattered interests thing a little. Suggestions?

16. Sethrial MacCoill

If you have the time for it, you can make really cool nail designs using those sticker packs you get at walmart next to the nail stuff. They make doing fench tips really easy.

• Like x 1
  17. Sethrial MacCoill

image.jpg

This was the only nail that turned out any good

• Like x 5
  18. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

It's really pretty though! I'm sorry the other ones didn't turn out as nice.

19. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Black nail polish means its time for SPACE NAILS

20170123_165431.jpg
    20170123_165200.jpg
    20170123_145810.jpg

20170123_145726.jpg

• Like x 2
  20. Marimo

Marimo Member

I have nothing pretty/useful to add to this thread but I just wanted to say that I'm absolutely in awe of everyone's nail art. Y'all have much more skill and patience than I'll ever have

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice