Nailpolish!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

• Like x 1
  2. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

Heads up anyone for whom "in possession of sparkly rainbow nails" is a desirable state: go see if you can hunt down Dance Legend's Galaxy collection. They're duochrome/multichrome polishes with holo flecks in them. They look like space!! I am gonna be a hellaciously rad space wizard, shit yes.
    I found them here and here, but there are probably better places to look if you're an American.

(I also picked up a vial of Serum No. 5's Day Glow, because glow-in-the-dark nails yes good I will sit in my wizard cave wriggling my fingers and quietly cackling to myself.)

• Like x 3
  3. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

Those are seriously gorgeous. Sparkly space rainbow nails are absolutely the best.

4. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I have fairly recently-uncovered genderweird and have been on a girl-stuff fast for a while to suss out what girly stuff I did because I thought it was mandatory and what I actually did for me, and it appears nails are one of the parts I did for me and I may have to do them when I get home now thanks to all this talk of shiny things.

I love Sally Hansen Satin Glam, especially the black one. A little of the silver drybrushed/sponged on makes it look all gunmetal-y. Matte finishes in general are awesome. Matte topcoat over big chunky glitter (Wet N Wild Mega Rocks: oh god, huge glitter that dries SMOOTH, it's amazing) is awesome. I'm going to give ManGlaze so much money.

And my local Walgreens has a fuck-off huge bin of 4-for $5 nail polish in an amazing variety of colors and it is REALLY GOOD STUFF, some of them took only ONE COAT for the most gorgeous rich pigmented paws ever. The brand is KleenKolor or some such? I don't have a bottle handy at the moment. Anyway, if Walgreens is a thing near you, check it for this stuff.

5. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

So I managed to de-polish everything my but thumbnail last night in a round of stimming and I'm thinking I might do some horizontal stripes next.

6. Meagen Image

Meagen Image Well-Known Member

I just pick up whatever happens to catch my eye at the drugstore. Looking through my small satchel of Nail Stuff, I have a bottle of: Boot's store brand Collection Lasting Colour in Blue My Mind (12), Beauty UK Glamnails in Electric Blue (39), Revlon in Mysterious (460), and a Rimmel 5-in-1 base coat/top coat.

I like blue.

7. emythos

I now have sparkly nails that kinda look like the evening sky.

• Like x 1
  8. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

Bom, bem que dizem que brasileiro é que nem barata.

I have a ton of nail polishes - i need to unfuck my collection and i'm thinking about posting the pics here if there's the show off your stuff thread - most from BR brands and some I got from trips abroad, but recently i've been getting tons of Etude House stuff because i'm in a cute cosmetics binge. What i really need are good base coats, because my nails are so weak nowadays... i think they changed the formula for risqué's strenghtening basecoat bc it's now pretty good and a lot easier to apply, but i dont want to rely too much on my luck.

9. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Because of Events I've still got the highly-iridescent ILNP stuff I did a few days ago, and I probably won't get to redo them until tomorrow sometime.

10. sicknastyspades

Oh no oh no I thought I could be done buying nail polish for a while but then I made the mistake of looking up A England swatches. I thought I'd be safe because I don't particularly care for holo/shimmer/glitter-type polishes, but then they had pretty greens and I was lost.
    Anyone have recs for a good gold glitter? I want dragon nails.

(In other news: Seche Vite is sicknasty rad amazeballs. Dries fast as a motherfuck, has an amazingly glassy finish, and smells great. And by "great" I mean don't huff nail polish, kids, it's bad for you. SS behaves irresponsibly around chemicals and is going to die young from interesting cancers as a result.)

11. emythos

Oh noooo why did you link that, I'm gonna spend the rest of the day in a nail polish haze.

12. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I had to take off my acrylics because things got too crazy with my cousin's baby to get them re-done, but I'm going to get them re-done soonish. I don't usually get designs because I have a hard enough time letting people touch my hands for the time it takes to put on/maintenance them, but I'm always impressed with them. Usually I alternate between shades of dark red and purple, but they've got a gorgeous midnight blue as well. I forget the brand names though. I'll write down some of my favorites next time I go in.

13. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

Sinful Colors is my go-to. I love the colors, I love the brushes, and they're usually a little cheaper than average. (Plus they just released like five new collections AND Walgreens has a 99 cent sale on them, if that is an establishment you frequent.) Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear is my next fave, though the formulas can be a little all over the place. Other than that, I tend to dig around in the bargain bin at Kroger for whatever I can get on discount.

(If anyone knows where they sell "Patience to Let Nails Dry Before Trying to Do Fancy Gradient Stuff" let me know, I am fresh outta that.)

14. sicknastyspades

(I bought my patience at the "learn to do things with only the pads of your fingers then get distracted and dick around on the internet for upwards of ten to fifteen minutes" discount store.)

15. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

(I will have to see if there is one of those in my area. *totally not currently attempting to type flat-fingered*)

16. Missfortunate

Missfortunate Emotional one

i realise im quoting like the third post on this thing but i checked out the manglaze site and holy shit so much yes I want nearly all of it! Hmmm....but will I be able to convince my wallet I need them? :)

• Like x 1
  17. emythos

Go for eeeeet.
    #and then let me borrow them

18. Missfortunate

Missfortunate Emotional one

Definetly want the Fuck off & dye one :3 I love pink

19. emythos

That was personally my favorite.

20. sicknastyspades

I really love Santorum, personally. Especially with a glossy topcoat, it's this gorgeous rich warm colour. Some lights it's almost black, some lights the copper shimmer is really pronounced. It's like... if coziness were a colour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice