Nailpolish!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Starcrossedsky

Starcrossedsky Burn and Refine

I did a shimmery dark red over black (trying to replicate the effect the shimmer has in its bottle) and I like it so much I might actually do both my hands in it.

2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Pics?
    I want to do Sollux themed nails but can´t decide between my different ideas....

3. Starcrossedsky

they have red eyeshadow

*^*

4. Starcrossedsky

I don't think the color will photograph all that well until morning, but maybe then.

5. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

So I did Night Vale nails for the live show Thursday night. :D

[​IMG]
    all hail the glow cloud
    [​IMG]

• Like x 2
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Those look great, did you sponge them?

7. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Yeah! For the gradient nails, I did a base coat of black, then an initial gradient of Plummet (Sally Hansen), Grape Pop (China Glaze), and Purple Xica (Profusion). I then did a second gradient overtop of Grape Pop, Purple Xica, and Iced Queen (Maybelline). I did the Eye with tape on the black layer, then peeled it off and did a dot of the Purple Xica and a teeny dot of a light blue for the pupil.

For the Glow Cloud, I did a base coat of Air (Sally Hansen), then sponged on little bits of a lime green, a sky blue, two purples, a gold, and a yellow - then I sponged on more Air overtop to make it a little less bright, then did a coat of Nfu Oh 50, then some spots of glitter, then more Nfu Oh 50.

It took bloody forever (like several hours), especially waiting for the coats to dry. Watched lots of YT...

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i'm not super great at nail stuff but i love doing superhero themed nails. i'm getting pretty good at making simple designs 'n the like.

• Like x 1
  9. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

my hands are too trembly to do much art - especially my left hand. but i can do tape stuff and sponge stuff, which is nice.

10. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I have brought the rhinestone apocalypse upon myself. pics if this works out.

• Like x 1
  11. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I've been taking pictures of stuff but too distracted/busy/whatever to upload them, so.

12. seebs

Dammit, I got a bunch of polishes, and now I want to try them all, but I am too happy with current polish to do anything.
    nails - 1.png

So the thing to realize here is that this doesn't even come close to getting you the experience. Those are both fluorescent. Like, they are even brighter than they look, and they actually outright glow in ultraviolet. The orange is a China Glaze color called "Sun Worshipper", and I have three bottles of it but they're all sort of thin for some reason, but one of them was enough less-thin for me to get a smooth layer. The pink is China Glaze "rose among thorns".

The orange is basically the color of Kraft Mac & Cheese, complete with being a bit paler and yellower when wet, then being more intensely orange as it dries. Except for the neon part.

Got some other neons, and some sparkles, and basically I'm looking forward to stuff.

• Like x 2
  13. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

@seebs This look made me think of you.

[​IMG]

14. seebs

15. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

I'm making high-pitched pterodactyl noises because eeeee ILNP is putting out a black holo as part of its summer collection! I've been looking for a black holo for a while but ILNP holos are the most holo holos.
    All I want out of life is for people to be as excited about nail polish as I am I'm sorry.

• Like x 2
  16. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Black Holo sounds amazing!

17. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I haz aquired a matte topcoat. trying to decide what to use it for, leaning towards stripes.

• Like x 2
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@littlemissCodeless ohh that would be an excellent use of matte topcoat. I've always liked the idea but never much liked how it felt on my nails, but I think stripes might work a little better ...

• Like x 1
  19. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

@littlemissCodeless I really like matte topcoat over pastel colours, it makes me think of minieggs.

I'm currently wearing the new ILNP black and green holos on alternating fingersand holy shit now I desperately want their red so I can do alternating black/red for card suit nails.
    The new holos are really great by the way, normal holos bore me a little under most lighting but these look sparkly even when they're not doing the full rainbow.

• Like x 1
  20. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I´m not much fur pastels usually. currently wanna see if i can combine it with black glitter matted down to get a black velvet effect

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice