Nailpolish!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. sicknastyspades

sicknastyspades Most Rad.

Ugh I was getting all excited to show my mother what I'd done to my nails because she is literally the only irl human I know who actually cares one way or the other about my fingertips looking pretty, but she went out to walk the dogs and I'm not about to let this excited babble go to waste so time to yell at the thread.

So, I tried stamping with ILNP multichromes over black - ILNP stuff in general is way way too sheer to be used for stamping, but you only need one layer of a multichrome over black so I figured it would work - and the end result is fairly subtle but also very pretty. I used Sirene because it is my favourite, so now my nails are all patterned with iridescent green-blue-purple-fuchsia and it is so goddamn rad. These are the nails I'd have if I were a character in one of those cyberpunk sci-fi movies where everyone is a hacker wearing sunglasses and black leather.

The other hand is delicate floral pattern in black over ILNP Long Walks and again it is super pretty. I bet it would be office appropriate if I used a more subtle colour than black for the stamping (I am desperately looking for ways to have fancy nails and still look like a respectable employable not-going-to-set-things-on-fire-or-steal-your-office-supplies human being).

• Like x 2
  2. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Sadly, expurriment regarding matte topcoat and black glitter shows it only makes the glitter texture kinda mucky and nasty looking.

• Like x 1
  3. sicknastyspades

I got a ton of new nail varnish today! And I have been superhappy about it to the point where family's been commenting about how uncharacteristically bouncing-off-the-walls I am BUT ANYWAY MY POINT IS: Polish My Life Le Top Coat is the most beyond-the-impossible levels of shiny shiny I have ever seen and if you are into glossy nails you should check it out.
    Not worn it long enough to comment on how it lasts as a topcoat but all the reviews I've seen have been complimentary. and DAT GLOSS. I've been paying more attention to the gloss than the dinosaurs on my nails, that is how hypnotically shiny it is. shiny shiny shiny

• Like x 4
  4. Missfortunate

Missfortunate Emotional one

5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

reviving thread cause i got a design stamper for christmas and was finally able to mess with it!

pic is blurry and i'm not very good at getting the design where i want it yet but look! fancy shmancy art bullshit without the struggle! plus rhinestones cause sometimes you gotta sparkle.

IMG_20160108_121742.jpg

• Like x 1
  6. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I have recently gotten into doing my nails regularly again!

[​IMG]

My inner 7-year-old fairytale princess loves the glitter clearcoat with confetti hearts - my grownup self is proud of how subtly they blend in to the gold base.

• Like x 3
  7. sicknastyspades

Speaking of Christmas and nail stamping, I got some polishes made specifically for stamping and oh man am I glad I started with regular nail polish.
    These are trickier to use - they're a lot thicker than regular nail polish so I have to paint them over the whole image instead of painting a line then scraping, which took me a couple tries to work out, and then sometimes the image gets clogged and doesn't pick up properly - but then the end result is so much nicer than with regular polish. such clear images, much opaqueness, wow.

(oh hey, if you want some advice - stick thin masking tape around your nails when stamping. prevents shit from getting on your skin and so much easier to peel off than using glue or latex. also works excellently for stuff like gradients or splatters!)

Also I tried watermarbling a few times and decided that wow no I do not enjoy this. The process is unfun and I don't much like the end result - I don't even much like the end result when people are good at watermarbling, certainly not enough to do a thing I dislike doing muliple times until the end result is slightly less ugly. Bluh watermarble.

• Like x 2
  8. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Necro posting to say that Pinterest is a cruel cruel thing. I found this amazingness on there. Sally Hansen Nail Prisims Ruby Amber #08. Turns out, that color is out of production. I can buy it from a seller on ebay... but it's $20.

Fate, why must this be.

Edit: I had the number wrong, I fixed.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    • Like x 3
  9. Lizardlicks

Guess who just remembered they have $20 in their paypal from a commission.

• Like x 1
  10. Lizardlicks

Found a different seller auctioning a bottle and put a $7 bid on it because that's a heck ton more reasonable. Fingers crossed.

• Like x 1
  11. blue

blue hightown funk you up

HECK that's a pretty color

• Like x 1
  12. Lizardlicks

Someone sniped me last minute for a dollar more, blah. There's a seller on Amazon the has it listed for $14.99 but it's an additional $4 shipping because it not through Prime >:/

13. Lizardlicks

HWUAAAAAAAAH!?

WANT.

• Like x 1
  14. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

image.jpeg I forgot to post my Halloween nails!

• Like x 3
  15. plant guardian

plant guardian Local Sword Gremlin

Hello I am necroing this thread because I fucking love nailpolish and all these brands are terrible for my wallet. I want all the wizardy space vomit nails. I WANT THEM!!!! My go to brand is good ole sally hansen from cvs. Starilly makes some great holo glitters tho. Cirque colors has a fantastic creme black that goes on opaque in one coat. I am on a stamping plate binge at https://www.bundlemonster.com/ so many designs!! Also if anyone has a recommendation for a fluorescent neon green nail polish please tell me I've been hunting for ages.

• Like x 2
  16. plant guardian

I just bought $26 of stuff from bundle monster bc $25 orders get free shipping. I blame simplynailogical and y'all. I will post pics when I get them.

• Like x 3
  17. valenstyne

valenstyne Went out for cigarettes, never came back

THIS TOPIC IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS

@E.D. As far as neon green goes, I'm wearing China Glaze Drink Up Witches rn and it's bright as heck. It was a Halloween special edition polish but it's available on Amazon (and much nicer in real life than in the picture).

18. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I can't speak for color options, but marshals/ross/tj maxx type stores usually have really good nail polishes on clearance. I got 6 bottles of OPI from them for about $3 each.

• Like x 1
  19. plant guardian

omg you have ended a months long search thank you!

• Like x 1
  20. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

I've been on a little bit of a nailpolish buying spree recently.

image.jpg

I need a wider variety of oranges and greens. Does anyone have any recommendations?

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice