Nailpolish!

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Codeless, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Nochi

Nochi small waterfall of pure void

No pictures bc she won't sit still long enough for a good one, but Kiddo, aged 4, just ask me to paint her fingernails. I used the Sally Girl "Human Trapeeze" color (bc I I knew I'd never use it myself, lol). She has sparkly green translucent fingernails and she is SO HAPPY about it.

• Like x 2
  2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Tried a couple new polishes today. First it the Sally Hansen Xtreme wear Big Teal which is more a robin's egg blue than anything. I was impressed that an impulse buy drugstore brand from Walmart turned out this good??? Holy cow, coverage is amazing, one stroke application, solid and opaque. Not gloppy or runny but seems to hit that good middle ground that means it stays where you put it but the brush strokes self level and smooth out. I'm definitely going to try the other colors from this line now because damn.

New quick dry top coat is Northern lights Out The Door. Much more satisfied with this than the BMC quick dry top coat that came with my stamping polish. BMC would streak everything, even the the same brand stamping polish it was supposed to be paired with. It was thick and while the top would dry as fast as I expected for a quick dry, the layers under often took longer and the result would be a smudged and ruined nail. Out The Door, by contrast, goes on thin and dries super fast. It didn't smudge my stamping at all, though some online reviews warned that it could. I'd like to try it with more complex nail art designs next time.

Here's the finished thing
    . I got a couple more colors for Sally Hansen that I'll be trying in the future, but I'm super happy with these two purchases.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice