nanowrimo

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Astrodynamicist, Jun 3, 2016.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

I am definitely aiming for NaNo this year! Last year was the first year I "won," although I'm not sure it counts since it was a collab project with @Anomal(eee) totaling 100k instead of a solo 50k. Doing a solo novel this year and hoping it actually works instead of bogging down in the first week.

2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i might use nano to break my three year streak of "exactly two fics a year, no more" heh. >>

3. Anomal(eee)

Anomal(eee) Grumblepunk Gremlin

I am at this moment attempting to unfuck all of the notes I had crammed into an old weekly planner notebook so I can have them in the NaNo tag on my writing blog. It's technically something I've already started, but I'm not counting any existing words as part of the 50k. I love the project and just haven't made it a priority to write, so here's hoping NaNo will give me the kick in the pants I need to get it moving again.

4. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I have started writing a fic. I need a goal and a deadline or it will never actually get written. I guess I'm in for NaNo!

5. Silver Sheep

Silver Sheep IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I've spectacularly failed Nano every time I tried it, but hey I'm not doing anything else so this year I'm going to go for a half. 25 000 words. Not necessarily all the one fic, either.

• Like x 1
  6. While I've never succeeded at NaNo, I've had a lot of fun getting part of the way there in the past, and I'm currently trying to make writing more of an established habit. Law school means I can't possibly make 50K, but as my partner is going to do the whole thing, I'm going to leech off her motivation and try my best to have a whole working outline of a project I've spent way too long sitting on!

There's going to be a write-in in Chicago that takes place entirely on the el train in a couple weeks, which I think is going to be just hilarious amounts of fun :D

• Like x 2
  7. TheSeer

TheSeer 37 Bright Visionary Crushes The Doubtful

My previous "attempts" at NaNo have been abject failures (as in, <1K). Imma try again! I've got an idea I like, and pretty much anything would be an improvement over last year, so why not?

8. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

I did nano last year and since I kind of actually want to make it a Polished Novel I think I'm going to be editing for most of November

9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I haven't won yet, and I keep trying too hard to write epic fantasy novel based in my long-term work building project despite it being very very piecemeal in a lot of ways.

This year... I'm gonna try writing self-indulgent angsty Undertale fic. :p Much smaller worldbuild (haha) rife with things for me to reference, and I've been rping Papyrus for a year.

• Like x 2
  10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I have tried to write on the El, it is very bumpy D:

11. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

I might try this year?
    IDK

Time is hard.

12. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do the thing. Username on Nano is also KathyGaele c:

• Like x 1
  13. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I'm Frinn over there!

I'm gonna continue my tradition of using NaNo to attempt fanfic with an actual ending instead of bitty character pieces :P Haven't won yet, but I've been getting closer every year!

• Like x 1
  14. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

I am WithAnH there also! Let's do thiiiiiiiis!

15. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

I'm periferal (how surprising)

• Like x 1
  16. Silver Sheep

Silver Sheep IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Nano has started! In my timezone, anyway. Your results may vary.

17. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

i'm belcapricorn on there (of course) and idk if i'll be able to win but i'm going to get as much done as possible anyway

• Like x 1
  18. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Got 2.7k words done and making myself stop so I don't burn out. Didn't really think I'd be able to do it! But I am, I'm writing it, it's flowing, aaaAAAA

• Like x 3
  19. paladinkit

wrapped my opening scene with my first thousand words ^_^ just gotta do 667 more at some point today

• Like x 3
  20. paladinkit

oh and my username on the nano official site is secretkitten, will happily go make friends w/people!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice