nanowrimo

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Astrodynamicist, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Morven

Morven In darkness be the sound and light

I have now actually started and at am just over 300 words. It's a start. Intending to get much more done this weekend. Right now, the tale of Captain Aescar's 1st Squadron, 83rd Heavy Armored Regiment, and their last stand attempting to hold the village of Alfsyn Hegar against an overwhelming assault. This will be Captain Aescar's last battle in Pale Mother Death and the engagement that cements her war-hero reputation at home, thanks to talented propaganda spinning. It's her second tank loss and second losing a substantial portion of the crew, and the cracks in her sanity should be showing by the end.

• Like x 6
  2. K25fF

K25fF Nerdbase alpha

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

This character is such fun to write.

• Like x 8
  3. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Capture.PNG

I love my magical girls so much

• Like x 7
  4. AbsenteeLandlady123

Didn't manage to write anything before midnight, going to try an make up the difference tomorrow if I'm not in too much pain. Determined not to get down on myself about missing one day.

• Like x 2
  5. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

*whispers* I will never create anything

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like x 7
  6. Silver Sheep

Silver Sheep IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Missed a few days but my average is decent on the days I wrote anything at all, so I'm calling my progress good.

• Like x 1
  7. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

We survived week 1, guys
    We did it

• Like x 6
  8. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

high five!

I've figured out that what works for me is writing whatever scene I feel like at the moment. Editing for continuity is going to be hell because I'm jumping around so much, but I'm making steady forward progress.

• Like x 1
  9. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I didn't manage to write anything yesterday and I'm not sure if today'll be any better because of election anxiety. But that being said, I'm really happy with the progress I've made (about 6k). It's not quite the Nano pace, but it's a hell of a lot better than I usually manage!

So here's to one week guys!:toot:

• Like x 3
  10. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Robots in this 'verse can't lie and probably shouldn't go into catering

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like x 9
  11. K25fF

K25fF Nerdbase alpha

upload_2016-11-8_23-9-45.png

Puns: the sequel.

• Like x 7
  12. AbsenteeLandlady123

<rolls up sleeves>
    stories of hope and love are more important than ever. I'm going to finish my magical lesbian story and put it out in the world.

• Like x 9
  13. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Yeah, didn't get any writing done last night for obvious reasons, but I'm going to crush it tonight.

• Like x 1
  14. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

so I realized a couple of days ago that writing a novel about a dystopia was perhaps not the most mentally healthy choice (woops.) I'm officially giving myself permission to shelve that project, although I may still try to keep writing something else.

• Like x 7
  15. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

• Like x 4
  16. Loq

tfw you're trying to write a tense stand-off and shuffle decides the best music is a cheerful violin sonata
    n o

• Like x 3
  17. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I'm two days behind, three if I don't get my shit together today. Besides the obvious reasons, I just feel a little... idk. Lonely? I want to show this off and have fun while I do it. Part of me is like "No, you idiot, if you post it as you go you can't sell it and if you don't sell what you write you're never going to earn any money" but what's the likelyhood of anyone buying a book about a hermaphroditic faery creature who goes on a roadtrip and ends up in poly relationship with two men?

idk, idk. :(

• Like x 3
  18. AbsenteeLandlady123

We should have a thread specifically for that. Support. I'd buy that.
    I also want to share my magical lesbians and talk about why I love them, and am having similar thoughts, but if we post it in a private part of the forum, maybe?

• Like x 4
  19. Loq

A Top Serket thread for spamming that sweet validation button sharing snippets as we go? If anyone has a sassy title I'm game, I am also twoish days behind now cos yesterday ate my buffer.

• Like x 6
  20. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I am disastrously low on sass unfortunately so no clever thread titles from me :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice