nanowrimo

Discussion in 'Make It So' started by Astrodynamicist, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

Nothing like realizing two of your main plots have conspicuous, difficult-to-fix problems in the middle of them, which inform a million other things, the day before nano starts.
    I'm going to have a great time.

2. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

Look. Look. Last time I completely fucking forgot to mention the thing that set up the connection between my nano and the rp that spawned it. Half my cast just apparently didn't have a motivation to be cooperating with the people they were supposed to be helping, much less to show up in the scene they need to show up for in the main rp
    You can do this, things will flow

3. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Oh hey it's the Day Of! I got outline and gdocs ready, let's goooooooo

• Winner x 4
  4. Gee

Gee the mail never fails

Necros the NaNoWriMo thread bc it's Camp NaNoWriMo time!

5. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

big eyes emoji
    i think im gonna do all the short stories that ive been meaning to do and make some sort of anthology by the end of the month
    i've started using 4thewords based on a post that roach reblogged and i really like it so far? it's really cool

6. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

oh! would any of you like to do a cabin?

7. Briar

Briar Well-Known Member

-checks date- welp I'm 5 days late but gonna start anyways!

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

TIS THE SEASON, YALL

• Like x 2
  9. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

HOO FUCKIN BOY I AM NOT READY BUT I'M DOIN IT ANYWAY

• Agree x 3
  10. Fuck yeah guys let's do this shit

I'm incredibly out of practice with writing in general (I wrote 20-ish chapters of a fanfic over the summer, before that I hadn't written for anything but my job since college in 2014) so I'm just gonna write a 50k-word story about my gemsonas. But let's do some writing! I'm so excited to try this!

11. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

IT BEGINS

• Agree x 2
  12. keltka

if anyone's signing up for 4TW to cope with this massive amount of writing hell, here's my invite code: VXCPB01793
    you'll get 20 crystals if you end up joining after your trial date is over and iirc I can send "motivate!" packages that give (I think) items? I super need to check that :|

13. kleric

kleric Member

I am doing this despite having a barest resemblance of a plot (it's more of a concept than a plot but I'm trying) and a brain crammed full of Hellenistic Egypt facts and a full time job

1811 for the first day isn't bad seeing as it's barely coherent text, about ten unconnected scenes, and already more than I have probably written this entire year

• Winner x 3
  14. I'm at just over 15oo after day one, about to start day two. Wish me luck
    Update- Day three, 46oo words, not quite ten percent. Tomorrow is a day off, hopefully I can push things a bit.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    • Winner x 3
  15. Just realized I said "15k" instead of "15 hundred", I'm an idiot. Still, I'm at almost ten percent after three out of thirty days.

• Winner x 2
  16. keltka

I wanted to get past 15K yesterday but I only made it to 10.7k so here's to today and a hardcore write sesh

• Winner x 1
  17. keltka

I'm a little in shock
    shit...went fu(c/n)ky
    and I lost almost 10k
    of my nano writing
    and I can't get it back
    and the backups I thought I had are...haha. useless? unavailable.
    god.

• Witnessed x 6
  18. What writing program do you use? Does it have a "restore previous version" option? Does your computer store temporary files anywhere?

19. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

20. keltka

I was using 4thewords which is unfortunately all online...for some reason my file shows up as what it was before? so I've emailed the devs asking if the old version is stored because it's still showing the information from the old version (word count, preview, etc), but they haven't gotten back to me yet

thank you I'm trying to
    I mean if it was regular shit I'd just...rewrite it? but it was SUCH a huge chunk of my nano ><

• Witnessed x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice