Neck Surgery

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Mendacity, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

OMFG

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    • Like x 1
  2. Mendacity

you guys are great x10

• Like x 1
  3. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I edited your post to fix my typo (I get used to markdown, forget this is wysiwyg). BEHOLD MY ABUSE OF POWER.

I think it's interesting to note: I have met very very few people who do not find it more pleasant to be joked with about things than to have people avoid the topics. Like, even with stuff like "I could die if this goes wrong" or whatever. It's just... Joking about it seems to be consistently better-received.

• Like x 5
  4. Mendacity

I got my DMX stuff in, this is from the report.

I'd have to upload the video for the whole thing to be seen (which is SUPER NEAT and I might do it anyway but at a later date). These are the most key points
    motion.png
    The spot in the center of my neck where it's bending isn't how it should 'bend'. Basically the vertebra beneath and above that spot aren't moving.

xray lateral1.png xray lateral.png

And here's the big bad. Two little triangles like > that < are part of C1 the little ^ is C2.
    The sliding should be under 1mm. What's sliding there is huge.

This is, by the way, the only scan that SEES this kind of injury. COOL HUH?

• Like x 5
  5. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

neat! i mean, it's not cool that you're injured, obvs. but i do like medical technology.

• Like x 3
  6. Mendacity

Dude I adore medical technology and I'm kind of psyched to have gone through the DMX scan because it was neat as fuck. It's actually a moving Xray, as in on the video you can see me move into those positions / swallow / ect.

It was developed for Nascar racers!

• Like x 7
  7. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

That sounds wicked cool, seriously.

8. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

Those scans are so cool! I would love to see the video if you do upload it. How long does it take? Do the images come in real time?

I wish you the best of luck with the surgery. I'm sorry it's bad enough that it's necessary, and I hope for the best possible outcome.

9. Mendacity

Thanks!

It took uh... an hour I think? It's all 'live', while the scan is happening the doctor that's doing the scan (He doesn't have a radiology tech really, since he's the only one who does this scan) watches it happen in real time! He actually told me which way to move / shift to get better images (you can see it at certain times in the video).

• Like x 1
  10. Mendacity

The first 'section' of it has my birth name. I dislike my birthname but I had to use it for lawyer thing. I was flat out told "Don't smile but don't frown" So I went for "look intimidating" apparently.

The picture in picture is recorded at the time. As a note, the first little bit I had my glass earrings in which apparently the DMX can pick up glass and it is used to help people who have glass embedded in their skin! So those had to be taken out LMAO.

The curve of my neck (that light s curve) shouldn't be happening, and about at 1:30 there's spots or 'holes' through the spine that your nerves should go through. Mine close completely on my right side due to how my neck is sitting wrong. They open fine when I face the other way.

There are no measurements on the moving video but the weird black d on the right side is like a miniature measuring thing. I can't remember how big it's supposed to be.

But yes! That's a DMX scan!

• Like x 5
  11. Mendacity

It might only take 30 min actually, since a lot of that time was positioning.

• Like x 2
  12. Invaderbuggums

Invaderbuggums New Member

Those scans are ridiculously cool!
    In any case, I hope the surgery goes well. May you have good health and a speedy recovery!

• Like x 2
  13. Mendacity

SO MRI PICTURES to show the sinking brain

I put some annotations on them to aid, but they're rather large so I had to upload it somewhere else.

[​IMG]
    Link

I'll make a bigger one again later (tried to shrink this one and things went buggfuck) if you guys want more detail, but this is basically the view.

• Like x 2
  14. emythos

Dude, that's cool. I mean, it's bad for you but from a medical stuff standpoint, cool

• Like x 1
  15. jaob

jaob still not really grown up

Well that all looks a lot more exciting than those foot X-ray things they used to have in shoe shops! Have you got a date yet for the op(s) or is it too early for that?

16. Mendacity

Yep! The 24th of this month actually

17. Mendacity

So apparently my lawyer is having a videographer videotape the surgery!
    Wow!

I have an interview with the guy tomorrow afternoon but wow!

• Like x 7
  18. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Any clue when you'll be back out?

19. emythos

Ooh, VIDEO :D That'll be cool

20. Mendacity

a week or so to two weeks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice