Neck Surgery

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Mendacity, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

Strip search meaning that you have to take your clothes of in front of an officer? That would be annoying, to have to do that every time you want to fly somewhere...

2. Lissa Lysik'an

Lissa Lysik'an Dragon-loving Faerie

That's exactly what they want you to do. IMO, they just enjoy hassling people cause their job is dull.

• Like x 1
  3. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

(Obligatory Taking Sense Away rec because always relevant)

4. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

ugh
    I'm off of my pain pills other than the flexoril and my neck hurts. It's a dull ache but it's enough to drive me up the wall.

5. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Oh dear. Do you know if heat or cold would help with the aches?

6. Mendacity

cold should but no one's here that can take the back of my brace off. :(

7. Mendacity

UGH I was allowed to take one pain med that I couldn't take with my other meds but now my neck hurts BAD this morning and I'm not sure if I should call the surgery center. I think I'll e-mail them due to lack of spoons.

Mind you, Tramadol is something I use to take daily before they put me on all these meds after surgery. It's not doing SHIT for my neck right now and I only have one flexoril left.

cries softly.

8. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

:( I hope something pans out for the pain!

9. Mendacity

The nurse I E-mailed forwarded it to the head nurse and my doctor, so stuff should start clearing up. I'm going to wake my s/o up and get him to ice pack me

• Like x 1
  10. Mendacity

Oh man the ice did help a little so I'm just going to sit here with this little round ice pack at the base of my skull. I bet I slept wrong on my neck

• Like x 2
  11. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

oh no, that sucks :( look at cat pictures or something

• Like x 1
  12. Mendacity

Ugh I gave the nurse the wrong number to refill my flexoril at
    I hope shit lines up :( E-mailed them again, hope they can get it straightened out

• Like x 1
  13. Mendacity

I hate my body

So like, they're getting me another script of flexoril, but I tried to sleep in my bed again and woke up at like.... 5 am with acid reflux. Mine is so bad it gets into my sinus cavity and then starts trying to get into my lungs. Hurts like a son of a bitch.

So now I get to wait on pepto to start working while coughing up acid. eugh

14. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

oh man D: that sounds super suck-y hope you feel better soon :(

15. Mendacity

Yeah :( I thought I had it under control but I can see why a shift in sleeping position / getting use to having slept in a chair might have fucked it up again

16. Mendacity

> Needs medical records for court case
    > Requests them before operation
    > Still hasn't gotten them
    > Goes to check why
    > Hospital never faxed my request to the place where the records are kept

I AM SO MAD.
    I AM
    SO MAD.

The worst part is THEY HAVE TO FAX IT APPARENTLY otherwise they won't release them because of bullshit.
    screams

17. Mendacity

I may have figured out a way around them faxing it by faxing it online
    hurrah e_e

• Like x 5
  18. Mendacity

SO for the case I had to get my medical records, so I glanced over them to see what the doctor and nurse notes about a migraine I had were. This migraine was so bad I couldn't speak, I was having trouble moving, I was nauseated, I couldn't think straight. It was awful.

So when I went in, they gave me fluids and 'a nausea medication'.

I look on my med report and there, sitting like a little turd angel that could have helped me MONTHS ago, is a medication that I wasn't told about.

Morphine. They gave me morphine because I wasn't reacting to the five tylenol I had gulped earlier that day. They gave me morphine and didn't fucking tell me. If I had have known I would have gotten help sooner, as it was since we were told 'to keep a headache journal' and 'drink more water' I went home thinking that it was literally nothing and that I was being a big money-wasting baby.

MAN if you're ever in florida do not go to Doctor's hospital. It's shit.

19. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Oh god, if a headache is so strong you need morphine OF COURSE you tell the patient. Generally I think you tell a patient ANY TIME they end up on morphine on general principle O_O

20. Mendacity

I honestly thought it was a law that they had to let you know what they were giving you unless you were debilitated???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice