Neck Surgery

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Mendacity, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I think that maybe it is only for strong meds, but I have no real idea of why I have this expectation, and also morphine is definitely under "strong meds"

2. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

wooooooooow
    for fuck's sake

• Like x 1
  3. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

Yeaaahh... I've gotta go by my lawyer today anyway to drop these records off but?? jfc.

4. Mendacity

Secondarily, sometimes it's super depressing when I see some of my writing from before the wreck and compare it to now... Because it's... So much better I guess? I mean you can tell it's me, but it's a lot smoother and I can clearly put words together better.

It's depressing honestly.

Eugh

5. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

UM I dunno how it is in the US but here in Europe you have to consent to medication. To like all medication, not just strong stuff but morphine is a controlled substance afaik? It's like. The prescription looks different even. They literally ahve to keep a book to make sure no one is abusing the stuff. Why would you not tell someone you are drugging them up oh my god
    (My experience with this is having taken two valium in my life (Tooth surgeries i was panicking about))

• Like x 1
  6. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Yes, but if you tell them what it is they might become addicted to it! /logic

(being facetious here, bc ya i agree not telling you they gave you morphine is kinda not okay. but you kinda need to know what helps. "taking an aspirin" pain is different from "taking morphium" pain. by the very most tiniest margin.)

• Like x 1
  7. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

fucking hell, mendacity. when i think of how much misery and pain i've had just from my whiplash injury, i can't even begin to imagine how much harder core you must be than me.

8. Mendacity

fJLkjdfds I'm not that hardcore, I just have a really high pain threshold. Which, can be nice but mostly sucks because I'll know something's wrong but not be able to communicate it in a way that doctors care about >:( which I hate so much.

As an aside I've been having some neck pain after sleeping when using my wedge because apparently when I'm asleep I decide to roll over onto my side and cuddle the wedge like I would a normal pillow... Which is def not what it's for.

9. Mendacity

UuuUUGH I get rid of this hell brace soon. I would be asleep now but it's choking me tonight so I can't get comfortable. Next week, next monday.
    Friday I get an xray tho!

10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I've only had wrist and knee braces and that was bad enough, a neck brace would be worse D: I'm glad it is only a week left!

• Like x 1
  11. Vast Derp

FREEEEEEDOMMMMMM

are you gonna burn it

• Like x 1
  12. Mendacity

You know it's tempting but GOD no, I've heard it's a good idea to keep it in case something happens or for if my neck hurts!

But boy do I want to burn it....

Edit: Fixed typo

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Definitely keep it, I keep my wrist braces and its helped loads.
    ... Also I kept my crutches from one event, and they ended up helping me like... four more times, and helping my dad as well <o<

• Like x 1
  14. Mendacity

Yeah, I mean this thing is pretty nice! It's good quality and I have two sets of pads for it, in case one gets dirty!

• Like x 1
  15. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Then perhaps do a symbolic burning of something else to celebrate the freedom of being braceless, but also to wave bye to the discomfort. I dunno of what tho XD

16. Mendacity

A paper effigy of course!

• Like x 1
  17. Vast Derp

YES BURN IT IN EFFIGY

• Like x 2
  18. Mendacity

Had X Rays today! To see how things are sitting, I can't bend my chin to my chest anymore but idk if it's from the fusion or the scar tissue.

I THINK the cloudy stuff is the bone fusion, not sure. SHRUGS it was like that before, it could just be scar tissue maybe?

View 1.png View 2.png View 3.png View 4.png View 5.png

19. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

It's likely that you not being able to move your neck very well any more is a combination of things. And you forgot one very important factor: you've been wearing the neckbrace, and that makes your muscles weak because you're not using them.

• Like x 1
  20. blue

blue hightown funk you up

@Mendacity Harold finch in person of interest had spinal fusion surgery after he was injured in an explosion!
    I just got to the episode where we learn this and I was reminded of you : P

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice