Need help preparing script for a phone call to lodge a complaint on Monday.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by TheMockingCrows, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

So, we have been without internet for 3 weeks now. I was ready to post this on a forum under the internet provider but realize I don't have the login info for the account. My spouse does. My spouse who is in another state on minimal contact due to work for a few more weeks.

Full signal bars, ready and raring to go, but for some reason: no internet. The little light signifying Internet Connection remains dark despite the others blazing and going along like normal. One minute it was working, and the next it was not. After waiting, we did what had helped in the past: manual reset did not help, nor did waiting, nor did calling several times over the last 3 weeks trying to get any information on what was happening or going wrong.

We have been told everything from it being caused by an outage (apparently a gigantic one. which was not on their outage map or being complained about by anyone else in my area), to individual coding error with the box itself (that apparently could not be taken care of on an individual basis), to a potential problem with the apartment building itself (we were also told a tech would be coming but nobody ever came, despite being in the complex several times for what i assume were different jobs), We have gotten no answers, and at the three week mark I am starting to lose potential income due to this, as well as dealing with a huge amount of undue stress trying to get to places with a signal elsewhere so I can turn in completed pieces of work to customers. I'm physically disabled, this is exceedingly difficult on me. I -never- had this amount of problems with Time Warner before we were switched to Charter, this has crossed from frustrating but understandable, to agitating, to unacceptable.

I would like to ask what in the world I need to do to get not only some straight answers, but some HELP FIXING THIS PROBLEM!
    I wanted to try using their chat option as well, on the main site, but I was stymied by an even MORE stupid fucking problem: THEIR CHAT WITH US BUTTON IS MISPROGRAMMED, IT JUST LEADS BACK TO THE CONTACT INFO PAGE. So if I'm going to communicate with these people it's 99% likely it must be on the phone on Monday. And I'm not 100% sure what to say. We've been dicked around so much already for some reason, and with all the other stress surrounding me right now I am not handling anything well at all.

tldr: please help me sort out a script for- lodging a complaint, making sure I am not being charged for the time without service (they said we weren't going to be but I trust Nothing right now), how to secure the names of the people I'm interacting with as well as a number for higher management/etc. if this continues, and maybe find different things I can say to voice my displeasure and demand this being fixed ASAP (with an explanation to wtf reason it was out for) without being rude or shouty.

i am specifically trying to avoid being shouty and aggressive even if I am enraged, i know it makes things worse. but i'm at a loss at this point and very anxious. :c

• Witnessed x 1
  2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Personally, I would include threats of a complain on the bbb or another site. The better business bureau is a big one, but they'll all scare them a bit. Normally I wouldn't suggest this, but they've been giving you the run around for a month now, so they've kinda earned it.

• Useful x 1
  3. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

yeah i think i mentioned in passing to my friend that I'd pull that card, thank you for the reminder. i'm also for sure pulling the disabled card as well as the "my spouse is with the military, and now active duty, and this was SUPPOSED to be how i kept in fucking contact with him, which he mentioned several times in all the weeks prior to him finally having to leave and ya'll ignored him, how dare" card too.

• Witnessed x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice