newbie questions thread

Discussion in 'Howdy there!' started by jacktrash, Nov 10, 2016.

1. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

BTW, I checked and the background colors are actually blue! there's an equal quantity of red and green, but more blue. The exceptions are the forum bars and quote boxes, which have a tiiiiiny bit more red. This, as an example, is hex code CECEE8.

2. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

does anyone know if ignoring someone's main means ignoring all of their subaccounts, too? i'm guessing probably not, but i wanted to confirm, because there are some threads i'd like to make (like an all-purpose executive dysfunction cheerleading thread) that i'm pretty sure will be Useful to plenty of people, and it occurred to me i don't want to block people from using those resources if they have me on ignore for whatever reason, so i'm considering making a subaccount specifically for community-resource type threads.

• Like x 1
  3. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i don't think it does, but i haven't tested it.

• Like x 1
  4. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

I don't think so, but I'm willing to experiment if you'd like

• Like x 2
  5. Carnivorous Moogle

that'd be great, thanks! i'll go ahead and post in this thread with an existing sub, let me know if you see any posts by Aislinng after ignoring me (and if not i guess unignore after 10 minutes or whenever).

6. Aislinng

Aislinng New Member

testing testing

7. sirsparklepants

Nope, I see this just fine with you on ignore.

• Like x 1
  8. Carnivorous Moogle

good to know! thanks for the help!

• Like x 2
  9. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

(top of the thread)

and the ignore forum thread button is beside the pagination system at the top of a subforum.

• Like x 1
  10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Yep, ignore thread is next to the watch/unwatch button. Which is handy, having the buttons for "will I get notifs from this thread" next to each other.

• Like x 3
  11. TwoBrokenMirrors

TwoBrokenMirrors onion hydration

though if you ignore a thread while you're still watching it you'll still get alerts for posts in it. And you'll still get alerts for people liking your stuff regardless of whether you've ignored a thread or not

• Like x 2
  12. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

You know the active user sidebar? Why is there so many robots/what exactly does that mean?

13. sirsparklepants

Robots are generally things that index sites for things like Google or the Wayback Machine - they're programs that copy site information so it can be put into search results or what have you. The areas of the forum marked "private" have some sort of something telling web crawlers to stay out, so those of reputable sites won't index them. The number just happens to be however many are indexing the forums at the time - since we're always posting new things we have to constantly be updated.

• Like x 2
  14. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Thanks, that reply was very helpful and informative.

15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

The reason why there's so many robots is that for some reason Yandex has 31 robots online.
    Most of them seem to be viewing the new content pages.

• Like x 2
  16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I want to believe that some of the robots contribute posts too, but alas, there's no particular evidence for it.

• Like x 6
  17. Starscream

Starscream Seeker

Just look at my post history it´s right there.

• Like x 8
  18. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I think that some pages have the _NOINDEX_ tag in their code somewhere that makes it so robots won't record it.

19. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

How do I enable seeing people's signatures below their posts?

20. sirsparklepants

Click on your account name at the top, then click on Preferences. There should be a check box in there to show signatures. Note that if you're on mobile or a tablet, you must be in landscape mode to see them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice