Night Ride Home

Discussion in 'Swords Across the Styx' started by Zin, Sep 3, 2016.

1. albedo

albedo metasperg

His hand twitches, like he's restraining the urge to ruffle Martin's hair. "Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders."

2. Martin Reed

Martin Reed Seer-Witch of Heart

Martin smiles back, a little shyly. "I try t' keep it on straight. You're nice."

3. albedo

albedo metasperg

He gives a wry smile. "I try. It's a hell of a job, if you don't take care of people. You start seeing everyone as a criminal. I've known some guys like that."

"This is your building here, right?" he asks as he pulls over.

4. Martin Reed

"Yeah. I. You seem cool." He hesitates, then digs in his pocket and holds out a card. "I. You'll. Can you let me know. If they find anything out?"

He pauses, gives a wry little smile. "Uhm. And maybe how that book goes?"

5. albedo

albedo metasperg

"I will," he says, taking the card and digging a pen and pad of paper out of his pocket. "Call me if you need anything, alright? Or just... If you need a sympathetic ear, or if you're not feeling safe." He sprawls on the paper, handing it to Martin.

6. Martin Reed

Martin hesitates a moment more, then gives a sharp nod. "Okay. I will. Thank you."

7. John Harper

John Harper seemed like heaven when the band arrived

"Take care of yourself, Martin. I know it's rough."

The name on the paper is John Harper, with a number beneath it.

8. Martin Reed

"I will. You too, John." The name rolls off his tongue easy, and he offers another small smile.

9. John Harper

John smiles back. "... Go on, then. I'll tell you when I know more."

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  10. Martin Reed

"Thanks. I. Thank you." Martin grips the phone number, smiles again, then bounds for the front door, pausing to wave briefly before vanishing inside.

11. John Harper

Harper waves back, smiling a bit as Martin goes. The car stays there on the street for a few minutes, before driving off.

12. Zin

Zin Professional Lurker

- Scene End -

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice